World War Burst S3: Part 3
Back to Campaign

http://pastebin.com/KAQMPx2Y
[18:43:32] <Oxford> Cimbrian Air Force bolstered with Albaean Glaive-C Imports
[18:48:28] <Oxford> The cool dusk is settling down over Glasholme. After baking all day under the merciless glare of the sun, the pub's stone walls radiate out heat, like a chimney after the fire's gone out. Naida and Cille are out on the front steps to take in the breeze when they see Adalvulf approaching, leading little Ingra by the hand.
[18:53:05] <Naida> With an agitated gasp, Naida is quick to slide a pair of mismatched gloves back on as well as a light jacket, taking considerable pain to cover up all exposed skin other than her face.
[19:00:35] <Cille_Lund> Fresh air is always nice, but most of the freshness is…sort of replaced by an internal deathly still. Of course, it's only internal! She stands, hoping that, especially after that earlier affair, it doesn't get any worse than it could theoretically go. No need to call out before they really arrive, but standing to attention is always good.
[19:00:43] Aori_Radidjiu [ten.tsacmoc.ni.1dsh.0035CDC6-noziR|noituloveR#ten.tsacmoc.ni.1dsh.0035CDC6-noziR|noituloveR] is now known as Lily_Blevins
[19:00:56] BigTentacruel [~ten.tsacmoc.ag.1dsh.5C55F47F-noziR|TB#ten.tsacmoc.ag.1dsh.5C55F47F-noziR|TB] is now known as Looly_Bleevots
[19:01:29] Looly_Bleevots [~ten.tsacmoc.ag.1dsh.5C55F47F-noziR|TB#ten.tsacmoc.ag.1dsh.5C55F47F-noziR|TB] is now known as Henriette
[19:02:21] <Oxford> The tall watchman is dressed in his typical duty uniform, torch and baton at his belt. Ingra is wearing a fresh green dress with white frills at the cuffs. The hem is folded up with safety pins to keep it from dragging along the ground.
[19:05:13] <Naida> Quick, act nonchalant. "Morning!" And hope he doesn't notice hobogloves.
[19:07:30] <Oxford> "Or evening, as it were," the deputy amends with a raised eyebrow, but Ingra drops hands with him and trots forward, waving. "Hi," she says shyly.
[19:08:40] <Naida> …people make that greeting slip up all the time! "Hi~!" She squats down a bit to put herself at the same height as Ingra. "How are you doing today?"
[19:10:12] Fires [~ten.letxa.cimanyd.95F37E7F-noziR|ttipseriF#ten.letxa.cimanyd.95F37E7F-noziR|ttipseriF] has joined #WorldWarBurst
[19:10:34] <Cille_Lund> She spoke in an understandable to other people language! "Hi!" Be somewhat bold! "And what brings this pair here?" Cille directs this at Adalvulf, seeing as Naida's talking to Ingra!
[19:12:25] <Oxford> "I'm good," the little orphan replies. "I got a new dress do you like it?" The words come out all together, without pauses or normal inflection, like it's a phrase she's had in her mind all the way here from the station. "We're just stopping by. She wanted to see you before I took her home. I hope I'm not imposing."
[19:13:10] <Naida> "And such a beautiful dress it is, I'm jealous!" She pats Ingra on the head with a gloved hand.
[19:13:30] <Lily_Blevins> THUNK, the door opens and Lily runs up, streeeetching…and then noticing Adalvulf and Ingra. "Oh, hello!"
[19:17:18] <Henriette> Back at the doorway, a rather normal looking girl leans against the frame. The previous angelic appearance is gone, though those nearby can feel some kind of energy still pouring off of her. A silk scarf lies wrapped around her neck, a staple to her outfits over the last few days since their training beyond the city. "Welcome, Deputy! Bonjour, Ingra!" she says with cheer, albeit somewhat
[19:17:18] <Henriette> forced.
[19:18:27] <Cille_Lund> "Ah! You're not imposing at all, it's alright~" …Where Ingra seems to be going, it seems to be fine! "And that is a great dress, it looks great on you~"
[19:19:58] Fires [~ten.letxa.cimanyd.95F37E7F-noziR|ttipseriF#ten.letxa.cimanyd.95F37E7F-noziR|ttipseriF] is now known as Rosalyne_Holst
[19:21:20] <Oxford> "Hi," Ingra says, twisting around beneath Naida's hand. She looks at Cille happily. Adalvulf nods to Henriette and continues, "I spoke with my wife, and we've decided to foster Ingra for now, until she can find a permanent home."
[19:23:52] Rosalyne_Holst finds her way out of the bar and joins the rest, she looks tired and has been trying to reset to a more normal sleep schedule after what happened. "Whats going on?" She yawns. SHe holds a candle because it is still dark out.
[19:24:22] <Lily_Blevins> "Oh! That's good, that's great!"
[19:26:50] <Cille_Lund> …OK, it isn't all that bad. Hurrah! "It is! Take care of her~!"
[19:27:05] <Naida> Naida gives the girl a long, sad smile before standing back up to look at Adalvulf. "How have things around town been?"
[19:28:40] <Oxford> The candle flickers in the faint breeze, sending thin shadows dancing down the darkening street. On the buildings on the opposite side, the sunset paints the walls in a orange glow, like pumpkins ripe on the vine.
[19:31:23] <Oxford> "Quiet, mostly. A lot of people left for the countryside because of the war, and with so many men drafted or joined the guerillas, there hasn't been much crime to speak of. Glasholme has never had much of a crime problem, but now we barely even have bar-brawls."
[19:33:13] <Naida> "So in other words…if we plan to open soon, we're going to need some stronger stuff than anyone else has to drum up some business for ya?" She gives a sly wink to the officer.
[19:35:14] <Henriette> "Puis… I wonder why they sent us here…" Henriette mumbles to herself, watching the scene unfold in front of her stoically.
[19:36:13] <Rosalyne_Holst> "Are we even allowed to open shop here?" Rosalyne asks thoughfully, "I mean, can we?"
[19:37:38] <Oxford> "Oh, are you planning to open up here?" Adalvulf says, genuinely surprised. Ingra has begun skipping around in the street, hopping from the top of one raised cobblestone to another. "If you're interested in that, I can put you in contact with someone in the mayor's office to get your license. Assuming you have the needed fees?"
[19:37:58] Rosalyne_Holst coughs nervously.
[19:38:05] <Lily_Blevins> "Fees…ah, yes, we have the funds for that~"
[19:39:01] Cille_Lund decides to join her. Shame? No shame. Just gonna play with her!
[19:40:10] <Naida> A nod in agreement. "We can handle the fees, money or otherwise." But maybe it won't have to be otherwise afterall.
[19:42:16] <Oxford> "Excellent," Adalvulf says with a slightly incredulous smile. "You have experience, then, in running an establishment?"
[19:43:00] <Naida> "Born and raised in a tavern. Well, technically born in a lake or something."
[19:45:41] Rosalyne_Holst doesn't say a thing, she has no idea how to run a store/bar/thing. She decides to leave it to the very scary Naida.
[19:45:42] <Oxford> "I…see?" His tone seems to indicate the exact opposite. Ingra has taken to jumping along behind Cille, trying to follow as close as possible without landing on her feet.
[19:48:12] <Naida> "A body of water."
[19:48:50] Henriette rolls her eyes at Naida. "I am certain that Naida is more than capable of serving alcohol to her nations' remaining patriots, non?"
[19:48:59] <Henriette> *nation's
[19:49:36] <Oxford> Ingra runs over and hops onto Henriette's back.
[19:50:40] <Oxford> "Ride!" she shouts, smiling happily.
[19:50:46] <Cille_Lund> Thankfully, Henriette doesn't have wings (for once), so the idea of taking her for a flight can't come up. STILL THOUGH. Cille watches Henriette expectantly.
[19:51:30] <Henriette> Henriette's normal person image noticeably flickers and Ingra finds herself strangely afloat a few feet in the air. The wings ARE there, thank you. "What do you say, Ingra, ma cherie? When you want something?"
[19:52:07] <Cille_Lund> …Well, they weren't VISIBLE. Close enough.
[19:52:31] <Cille_Lund> She noticed, but she still watches expectantly.
[19:52:40] <Lily_Blevins> Lily discreetly gives Ingra a little push so that she's not floating.
[19:52:49] <Oxford> "Pleaaaase!" Ingra responds immediately, not paying enough attention to notice the odd displacement that's occuring.
[19:54:04] <Naida> Naida quickly interjects to try to distract the fuzz from noticing. "So! You said you could help us with seeing who we need about the license?"
[19:54:23] <Rosalyne_Holst> "Huh." She turns to Avduwulf, "I'm sure we'll be alright if Naida is in charge." The very scary naida with shadow powers. She doesn't even try distracting him since Henri has flirted with him with will wing and halo anyways.
[19:54:26] Henriette grins at her. "Of course, ma petite fleur!" Floating gently around the yard, she trots along (feet immobile, though) at what would be about her normal jogging pace. It's rather smooth, though, considering there's no up and down motion.
[19:56:13] <Oxford> Adalvulf smiles contentedly as he watches, leaning against the railing of the stairs. "Yes, certainly. It would be under the mayor's office, but I can see about picking up the paperwork and bring it by tomorrow morning, if you'd like.
[19:57:44] <Cille_Lund> …She could probably do better, but a ride is a ride, and Cille is pleased to see it go through. Victory! Cille watches Henriette/Ingra go~
[19:58:36] <Henriette> "You'll be a good girl for the Deputy and his wife, now, won't you?" Henriette says as she lifts the girl slightly higher, growing in confidence as time goes on.
[20:00:00] <Naida> She claps her gloved hands around the nearest of Adalvulf's in thanks, her face aglow. "That would be wonderful!" No time to see if she still has to distract him or not.
[20:00:43] Rosalyne_Holst stil holds the candle as the sun goes down, fuck darkness.
[20:00:56] <Cille_Lund> …Bit unnerving, but still, look at her go! …Up! Slightly!
[20:01:23] <Oxford> "Yes, of cour-" Suddenly, Henriette can feel Ingra's body tense like a strung bow. The little girl scrambles off of her back, cranes her ear for a half a moment, and then scampers over to Adalvulf, where she hides behind his leg.
[20:02:48] <Henriette> And with that, Henriette's angelic image disappears again, leaving a girl standing on the ground with a concerned look on her face.
[20:07:31] Rosalyne_Holst would cross her arms if she wasnt holding a candle. Yeah there is going to be something, she kneels in front of Ingra and asks, "Anything wrong?"
[20:07:46] <Cille_Lund> …And that's why she can't stay with them. Cille cautiously joins Ingra, really not sure what to say since she kind of watched the whole thing.
[20:08:35] <Oxford> A moment later the girls can hear it too: the faint sound of propellors on the wind, low and fast. The air raid siren begins as they're turning toward each other to confirm it.
[20:09:07] <Cille_Lund> …oh, ohhhh
[20:09:20] Henriette glances at Lily. Should they?
[20:09:56] <Rosalyne_Holst> "Well, shit." Rosalyne says in Albean as to not sully the ears if the little girl.
[20:10:28] <Lily_Blevins> "Well, looks like it's time to head inside! We'll talk to you later Adalvulf, time to seek shelter!" She winks to Henriette
[20:11:17] Henriette just stares at Lily with an obvious look of confusion on her face.
[20:12:12] <Lily_Blevins> Lily grabs Henriette's hand and carefully guides her inside, waving for the other girls to follow!
[20:12:53] <Cille_Lund> OK, so maybe it wasn't the ride. She still doesn't know the man's name, so she simply tells him what he should already know. "Keep Ingra safe, got it?!" To…shelter. Yeah.
[20:12:55] <Naida> The siren brings a fairly visible shiver to Naida, her hands slowly slipping from Adalvulf's. She silently follows after Lily with one last glance to the orphan.
[20:14:50] <Oxford> Adalvulf frowns and reaches down to lift Ingra up under his arm. "Yes, we need to get underground. Will you five be safe?"
[20:15:31] <Lily_Blevins> "We'll be fine! We know how to handle ourselves!"
[20:15:50] <Rosalyne_Holst> "I'm sure we'll be fine!" She says as cheerfully as she can.
[20:18:02] <Cille_Lund> "We'll…be fine, yeah!" Cille somehow manages to get it out as she gets all the way into her…'shelter'.
[20:18:13] <Oxford> "Very well," the provost-deputy says over his shoulder, already jogging down the cobbled streets toward the nearest shelter with Ingra bouncing along on his hip. Her face is buried in his shoulder, tiny hands clutching his uniform.
[20:20:58] <Henriette> "Oooooooh!" Henriette says as they leave.
[20:21:02] <Rosalyne_Holst> "Time to fly." Rosalyne says sadly, she isn't looking forward to fighting over this town. "Lets try and get them before they get to town."
[20:23:26] <Cille_Lund> "Good plan." It IS already too late to not shoot them down. They've…already shot some down. This time, their wreckage won't act as faux bombs.
[20:24:42] <Lily_Blevins> Lily's already transformed, looking out a window to make sure everything's clear
[20:25:00] <Naida> "I can stay nearer to the ground if I need to intercept debris." She peels off the jacket and gloves, leaving small trails of gross.
[20:25:49] <Lily_Blevins> She's handing them out to the girls now. "You all ready to go? Need a drink or anything before you start? Get it now if you have to, we have planes to intercept!"
[20:27:30] <Cille_Lund> Pendant get, transform! …And she immediately rushes out with it. Like hell is she gonna give them even a MOMENT for them to arrive in the town.
[20:28:02] Rosalyne_Holst takes the pendant and transforms with a gust of wind and clouds. and stuff. SHe shoots upwards.
[20:28:42] <Rosalyne_Holst> -upwards +outwards
[20:28:48] <Lily_Blevins> Shurg. OUT SHE GOES
[20:28:56] <Cille_Lund> Cille actually gets out of the house, first! THEN going up is OK.
[20:29:26] <Naida> Taking her lovely Lovecraftian form, her secretions seem to get worse, taking on a sickly black color instead of the normal mucusy clear. She follows the others, but doesn't go much further over the tops of the buildings, hoping just a little bit to not repeat their fuck ups of last battle.
[20:30:15] <Henriette> There's really not much at this point to transform, but Henriette's normal form washes away to reveal her magically imbued self, now clad in her typical white dress and blond hair. The tiara materializes soon after the reveal. "Remember, it is better to cause them to disappear rather than to just shoot them down if it will damage the town."
[20:33:24] <Oxford> The skies above the city open up as they clear the buildings, rising above the shingled roofs and the thin wisps of chimney smoke.
[20:41:47] <Oxford> Cille spots the enemy fighters the moment she clears the street, the same biplanes they had fought previously. She can see eight of them immediately, in two groups of four, turning as they reach the edge of the city. The planes spread out to circle the city, moving at a steady cruising speed.
[20:42:43] <Cille_Lund> "…Shit. There's eight of them, they're spreading out."
[20:43:06] <Cille_Lund> "Might be more, can't tell, but there's definitely at least eight of them."
[20:43:52] <Rosalyne_Holst> "Where? Point them out for me." She says while she looks around.
[20:44:43] <Lily_Blevins> "Eight? Well we know the drill, take 'em all down!"
[20:44:46] Henriette is too focused on making sure Naida is actually ready to fight. "Will you be prepared, ma belle?" she asks.
[20:44:50] <Cille_Lund> Cille points them out! …Quickly, since it's gonna be rather difficult to deal with them if they get too far with the spreading out. …Do they look like fighters, bombers, or what?
[20:46:58] <Naida> Naida turns to Henri, a worried look filling with some measure of resolve as her superior speaks. "I'm still not even prepared for last time, but I'll do my best." She cracks a small smile.
[20:47:49] <Cille_Lund> "Let's not forget the dangers in…well, taking them down."
[20:48:13] <Oxford> Definitely all fighters, so far - the same light biplanes that were escorting the bombers in the last sortie. There's no sign of the bombers themselves; just the two groups of fighters slowly circling above the city. One group has turned west, out above the cemetary on the adjacent hill, and the other east over the packing plant.
[20:48:35] <Lily_Blevins> "Well it's not like they can go UP, but try to avoid having them crash down!"
[20:49:17] <Cille_Lund> "…But there doesn't seem to be bombers. …Are they just coming for us? …But then why are they spread out?"
[20:50:24] <Rosalyne_Holst> "Maybe because they know what Henriette is capable of." The wind picks up around Rosalyne. "THey know we're here."
[20:50:41] <Lily_Blevins> "…they could just be passing through, no threat to this city…but they're probably headed elsewhere, and they'll probably do something there…"
[20:51:24] <Lily_Blevins> "We could engage them outside the city and prevent any casualties here!"
[20:52:05] <Lily_Blevins> "That would also obfuscate our position a little, Henriette, you remember how STranahan noticed how they were avoiding us when they realized we were in Ternwald?"
[20:52:05] <Rosalyne_Holst> "THey're circling the city, they're not passing through." Rosalyne states
[20:52:28] <Oxford> The fighters have passed through the outer edges of the town, but as they do, they bank and continue their turn rather than heading out to sea - circling the city clockwise.
[20:52:39] <Cille_Lund> "…We could, but they could just be getting into formation. If they were just passing through, perhaps they'd be doing that a bit more together?"
[20:52:59] <Lily_Blevins> "They are, aren't they."
[20:53:09] <Lily_Blevins> "All right, let's get them, then!"
[20:53:31] <Naida> "Henri, would it be possible to create a blinding flash or something in the center of the city, forcing them to divert toward the outskirts, ensuring they aren't in the city proper?"
[20:54:09] <Henriette> "Errr… I can try that. It should not be impossible, mais you may want to avert your own eyes."
[20:54:22] <Cille_Lund> "…Be careful, everyone! They know we're here, so they might have a plan beyond just a formation!"
[20:59:37] Henriette rises into the middle of the city, far above the others. She looks out towards the planes and makes an attempt to shine brightly, but her eyes stray below, and she's momentarily distracted. Rather than a light bright as the sun, it's like a lighthouse light, signalling their presence. "Ah!" she yells, feeling the magic fizzle as it pours out of her. "I've used too much already."
[21:05:24] Rosalyne_Holst accelerates and heads to the groupp over the cemetery and engages them to stop them from moving closer to the city. Worst case scenario the planes will most likely crash on the cemetery or the open space around it. She speeds towards the enemies and charges underneath one of the planes and uses her sword to slice the lower part of its fuselage.
[21:08:40] <Oxford> The planes can see the girls are here now - and as Rosalyne's sword slashes through the thin metal of the lead fighter's underside, they can feel it as well. Rosalyne can see the flight leader roar soundlessly in his cockpit, drowned out by the propellor and the rushing wind.
[21:09:45] <Oxford> With secondary fires racing through the undercarriage, he wheels his aircraft around and fighters with the stick, struggling to put her under his guns.
[21:12:07] <Rosalyne_Holst> And he struggles some more as she goes into a corkscrew and suddenly and completely changes direction. Magical girls, gotta love ignoring gravity and that ridiculous thrust to weight ratio.
[21:15:07] <Oxford> His wingmate follows up, close enough to fire off a burst at her as she suddenly reverses direction. The other wing-pair continues their turn towards Henriette's flare, firing a salvo from range as they pass over Fleet Street's storied old mansions.
[21:17:20] Lymia [~ias.ihcah.in.neie|aimyL#ias.ihcah.in.neie|aimyL] has joined #WorldWarBurst
[21:24:17] <Oxford> The bullets come in thick and fast, arcing toward the site of the sunburst. From this range, it isn't so much a matter of accuracy as of statistics: enough lead moving through any given area will eventually land some hits, and today it seems the Gaulian's numbers are up. The bullets richocet off her barrier as they land, buffetting the girl back and forth and leaving stinging welts beneath.
[21:27:59] <Lily_Blevins> Lily tosses a pair of seeds at the planes on Fleet Street, a glowing vine growing between the two to link them together, and then she turns to Henriette. "Get 'em!"
[21:33:50] Henriette nods, feeling the transfer of magic between them. A brilliant light wells within herself and pours out like a wave, frying the planes systems before she reels it back in, sharp blades ripping through the planes on their pass back.
[21:44:03] <Naida> With a flick of her wrist, the metal on the two linked planes begins to rust. Turning her attention to the others over the factory, a mass of shadows erupts in the center of the group, tendrils lashing out to batter the cluster like toys.
[21:44:12] Bardy [~ten.tsacmoc.li.1dsh.DD5F4CCD-noziR|ydraB#ten.tsacmoc.li.1dsh.DD5F4CCD-noziR|ydraB] has joined #WorldWarBurst
[21:46:39] <Cille_Lund> Cille prepares to charge-but then Naida defies all common sense by putting everything she is into a single blow, since that's clearly a smart way to use magic and resulted in harmless shenanigans. It's hard to consider the idea of charging them after that, really…but she does so regardless, having time to give Naida a glare that she may or may not see. Even if they're broken apart,
[21:46:39] <Cille_Lund> they still seem to be together, unlike the other side, which is both handled and somewhat seperate.
[21:47:35] <Oxford> Two of the planes are stuck in the center of the mass, tossed tumbling through the air with smoke pouring from their engines. The other two fair better, but are still badly damaged: one loses an aileron, and the other crumples along its entire left side.
[22:07:13] <Cille_Lund> Cille tries her DAMNEDEST to make sure THEY SHALL NOT PASS.
[22:07:33] <Cille_Lund> Which involves placing barriers all over the place!
[22:10:53] <Oxford> The damaged planes weave and climb, trying to break away and attack the main group of girls, but the barriers continually lead them back towards Cille. With a roar of frustration, they bear down on Cille instead, machine guns spitting metal death.
[22:17:12] <Cille_Lund> …For the sake of avoiding too much damage, some barriers are positioned so that they might catch the wreckage! They won't last forever, but the velocity should surely be reduced. What's sure is that as they attempt to shoot her, she hides behind the barriers accordingly. As some break apart into fragments, they home in on the planes with disturbing accuracy. With so much planes shooting,
[22:17:12] <Cille_Lund> she has to keep moving, resulting in a lot of effort taken hiding from planes, but a lot of broken barriers…resulting in more shards impaling the planes mercilessly. Even the ones crashing down continue to be impaled as they go down, hopefully into the safety net.
[22:23:40] Henriette lays a grid of light down the field towards the Cemetary, catching one of the linked planes in the grid and causing another burst of light to fry their systems long term. The remaining energy pulses down to the ones in the Cemetary, latching onto their rear wings.
[22:25:07] <Naida> Turning once more to her marked targets, the rust intensifies on both planes significantly.
[22:31:01] Rosalyne_Holst aims her hand at the plane that she isn't currently engaging and the winds pick up around it, shaking it and and occasionally a small tear apears on the fuselage. She accelerates and tries to get the other plane from begind, picking up more speed.
[22:32:52] <Oxford> The flight leader sees Rosalyne coming in and, as she slashes down at the cockpit, suddenly snaps off a tight roll to starboard. The wing of the plane slaps into her from below, knocking the attack off-target and sending her bouncing down among the rooftops.
[22:33:51] Rosalyne_Holst jumps into the air once more
[22:37:22] <Rosalyne_Holst> As she flies upwards the planes strafe her she manages to dodge one of them but the bullets from the other bounce off her skin, but not without damage.
[22:39:00] <Oxford> The other two fighters stream in from the direction of Fleet Street, meeting the main group of girls directly above the Rusty Tub. As they get close, Naida can see rust spreading across their wings at an alarming rate, and a veritable gush of fuel pouring from their wings. Whatever the outcome, neither of these planes will stay airborne for long, but they have one last chance at glory now.
[22:43:22] <Oxford> The first turns toward Lily, firing long streams of tracers all the way in. The second waits, closing on Naida until she fills his reticule and then letting lose with all barrels.
[22:43:30] <Naida> Looking ahead to what seems to be an impending repeat of the events of the previous fight, Naida freezes up completely, simply floating with mouth agape in the way of the onslaught.
[22:44:48] <Lily_Blevins> Lily elegantly dodges out of the way, and then, seeing the other approach Naida, dashes in and pushes her out of the way, taking a few bullet grazes in the meantime. "Keep your guard up now's not the time to space out!"
[22:45:22] <Oxford> Meanwhile, above the packing plant, the lone remaining biplane throws itself into a steep dive, gaining speed and falling away from Cille's deadly barriers.
[22:47:25] <Cille_Lund> Cille hesitates. She knows that they know where they are, but…no! MORE BARRIERS, NO GETTING AWAY.
[22:53:10] <Oxford> There's no escape to be had. The enemy ace is flying low now, but his added speed is of no use inside the barriers, and he's reduced to dodging through the factory compound at rooftop level to try and lose her.
[22:55:15] <Cille_Lund> Cille notes his attempt to escape. She attempts an attack as a coup: forming a spherical barrier in the cockpit, attempting to keep it moving in sync so inertia doesn't kill him. The formation should finish off the plane's intergity, while keeping him in it and somewhat alive, yet still trapped! Hopefully that works out.
[23:02:09] <Oxford> With a shudder, the aircraft rips apart at the seams, with the pilot still trapped inside the bubble. Flaming remains hurtle through the empty compound, trailing black smoke.
[23:03:18] <Cille_Lund> Hopefully those might ALSO hit the barriers she left on the ground, those even closer since he was diving down.
[23:03:25] <Lily_Blevins> "Henriette, get these two!" She points to the two planes over the rusty tub.
[23:05:55] <Naida> "But watch for the debris!"
[23:07:02] <Henriette> "I know!" Henriette calls as a magically summoned cage of mirrors surrounds the enemies. The light within reflects off each mirror, growing stronger with each pass. The light grows in intensity until it burns both pilots to a gentle, dusty crisp.
[23:07:10] <Lily_Blevins> Lily tosses another pair of seeds, going onto the planes near Rosalyne, linking them together with a glowing vine. "Rosalyne, take them down!"
[23:10:31] Rosalyne_Holst nods and and hits the the one that got hit by Lily's seed first. She tries to hit the plane from below so that they don't see her get near, she intends to cut off its its tail control.
[23:11:04] <Henriette> "The best way to ensure no damage to the city is to ensure there is no debris to damage it," Henriette says to Naida darkly. "Remember that."
[23:11:22] Rosalyne_Holst stacks another hex on the less damaged plane.
[23:11:52] <Naida> Naida can only nod. It does make sense.
[23:12:16] <Oxford> Rosalyne's attacks come in swift and fast, this time directed at the plane that was cursed. Only a lucky chance of timing - a sudden roll to the right - jerks its tail out of the path of her attack.
[23:13:32] <Rosalyne_Holst> "Goddamnit!"
[23:15:57] <Naida> Her resolve fairly shaken by the fact that this shit is scary, Naida only barely manages to graze the linked planes with a shadowy arrow.
[23:20:58] <Henriette> And with another sweep of her hand, a stream of reflected light from the sea streaks up into the two linked planes. The secondary one erupts into debris, but the light churns around it, turning it into enormous burning embers that sink over the dead like fireworks.
[23:21:22] <Henriette> The remaining plane ripples with a dangerous magical poison, increased by Henriette's own power.
[23:24:52] <Lily_Blevins> Lily pulls out a pair of vines from her hair, which mold into razor sharp sunflower blossoms, and then tosses the both of them at the plane, both missing, but a rain of seeds falls from one of them onto the plane, causing vines to begin sprouting all over the plane and constrict the whole plane.
[23:26:07] <Cille_Lund> Realizing she can't maintain this barrier forever, she attempts to reinforce it. But understanding she might not be too good at prolonged barrier usage, she attempts to fly under him just in case. He MIGHT land on her and desperately hold on?
[23:27:19] <Cille_Lund> Or he might shoot her. She's good at not getting hurt too much, but that might be grounds for dropping him off.
[23:27:47] <Cille_Lund> …Or she might have bad positioning. Either or, really.
[23:29:39] <Oxford> The final fighter pilot's head snaps around, his eyes tracking the numerous attacks coming in from above the Rusty Tub. The most deadly seem to be coming from the bright one, with the reflective wings, so far away she's not much more than a dot of light. From this range, he'll have to put everything into the shot, leveling out his flight and sending a continuous stream out across the city.
[23:33:46] <Henriette> Henriette defends her city. Her magic streams out of her with an angry shout and the bullets pass harmlessly into a portal and out of another angled towards the sky. They miss both Henriette and any of the roofs below.
[23:36:00] <Oxford> His fighter falling apart around him, a sword-wielding maniac harrying him at every turn, and his final attack falling short, the Novgoraadi pilot decides it is time to give up the fight. His yanks open the bubble of his plane with both hands and bails.
[23:39:32] <Lily_Blevins> Lily snaps her fingers, the trees near the cemetary growing rapidly, vines off the trees forming a cage that snugly entraps the Nov. "Got him."
[23:40:37] <Henriette> Swooping up beside Lily and breathing heavily, Henriette says, "Lily, we should not spare him, let alone two of those monsters. Do you not remember Marina? They deserve to die."
[23:40:38] <Oxford> His plane is on fire as it falls, tumbling towards the cold stones of the cemetary and plowing up a deep trench in the graveyard soil. The pilot's parachute has no time to open, but fortunately for him the cage Lily made works just fine. He disappears behind the wall of vines, captured snuggly.
[23:41:37] <Lily_Blevins> Lily remains quiet, looking at the caged Nov.
[23:42:32] <Naida> An arrow narrowly misses the freshly acquired prisoner, even managing to pass through the vines of the cage without touching a thing. "And I will not suffer his kind in my country!"
[23:43:25] <Lily_Blevins> Lily grits her teeth. "…fine, do what you want with him, you two."
[23:43:48] Henriette grimaces. I-it wasn't supposed to actually BE her decision here.
[23:44:08] <Lily_Blevins> She's going to go to the ground wordlessly, now.
[23:44:17] <Oxford> At the factory, Cille has the enemy pilot down to about 10 metres from the ground when she starts to feel the barrier slipping. She struggles with it, sliding left and right like a waitress trying to balance a tall try of drinks, but then the barrier collapses entirely. The pilot tumbles straight down on top of her, driving them both into the gravel parking lot with a dull thud.
[23:44:27] <Henriette> "M-mais… mon choix? Lily!"
[23:44:37] <Lily_Blevins> …but not before looking over everything and…
[23:45:36] <Lily_Blevins> …deciding to see whatever it is that Cille's doing.
[23:46:24] <Naida> Naida approaches the cage, bow drawn. "Henri? Shall I?"
[23:46:26] <Cille_Lund> …If she's on bottom, A. Lewd, B, attempt to get out from underneath him and pose her clear yet definitely visible blade at him. If he does not clearly surrender, then he shall die here.
[23:47:26] Henriette doesn't answer for a moment, instead staring into the prisoner's eyes intently, trying to gauge things. Surely he must expect to die.
[23:51:25] Rosalyne_Holst keeps flying around town, making sure there aren't any other planes around, like observation planes.
[23:51:54] <Oxford> The prisoner in the cemetery is short but broad, and wears a thick black beard, like so many other Novgoraadi. The hair on his head is similarly dark, but at his temple is a shock of white that betrays his age. The man's face is tanned, lined deeply around the eyes, which glimmer with mistrust, and resignation, but without fear.
[23:54:41] <Naida> A writhing fungal mass quivers slightly as Naida keeps the arrow trained on his head, looking expectantly towards Henriette.
[23:55:15] <Henriette> As if the words spring to her throat unbidden, she says to the caged man in his own tongue, perfectly, magically, "If I let you live, you will harm my people. If I kill you, I will live with the blood of a helpless man on my hands. What would you have me do?"
[23:56:38] <Oxford> In the factory, Cille scrambles to her feet only to find the pilot she rescued staring up at her from the ground. He is young, and clean-shaven, with straight blonde hair combed back across his head. He smiles nervously at the young woman standing over him, until he meets her eyes, and then he blushes and turns away, covering his own eyes with one hand.
[23:56:40] Henriette holds a hand up to signal Naida not to shoot. She glances at her with utmost seriousness. The Nov language must be strange to hear come from her mouth.
[23:58:13] <Naida> Considering that would be a second language Naida doesn't know a lick of pouring from Henri's mouth, and a tavern in a port town being a place to find people that speak all manner of languages, Naida doesn't even raise an eyebrow.
[23:58:36] <Lily_Blevins> Lily touches down next to Cille, looking over the Nov. Blink. Well, this is different.
[23:58:47] <Cille_Lund> …Cille does not move her blade. She's pretty resolute about this! …But with no way to properly communicate to him, she asks him IN TWO DIFFERENT LANGUAGES. "Can you understand this? [Or, can you understand this?]" Both Cimbrian and Albaean!
[23:59:10] Rosalyne_Holst goes higher up and takes a look around.
[23:59:13] <Cille_Lund> Despite her blade being pointed rather threateningly, her expression DOES soften.
[00:01:41] <Oxford> Rosalyne circles above the city, eyes scanning the early dusk. The sky above is thankfully empty, with no more Novgoraadi aircraft in sight. The stars are out now, gleaming cheerfully through the rising smoke.
[00:03:55] <Rosalyne_Holst> Satisfied, Rosalyne goes to where Cille and the aircraft she was doing…something with. She lands and sees the scene unfold before her. Yeah that won't stand.
[00:05:33] <Oxford> The dark-haired pilot's brow wrinkles as he hears Henriette's perfectly-accented Novgoraadi. He frowns at her words. "We must all live with blood," he replies, weariness more apparent than any emotion, "and we are all subject to our own destinies. Do with me as you will."
[00:07:28] <Henriette> "I'm not like you," Henriette replies. "I will not kill a defenseless man." She waves a hand to Naida instead. "But she will."
[00:08:42] <Oxford> "Ah, I can understand that," the blonde pilot replies in Cimbrian, uncertainly but with good pronounciation. "I had Cimbrian at university; four years." He smiles again, and slowly props himself up on his elbows. "Thank you for saving me."
[00:09:48] <Naida> Without so much as a breath longer, Naida aims a bit lower and releases the ethereal string. Seconds after the arrow pierces his chest, fungal growths begin erupting from within his body as living tumors.
[00:10:24] Henriette stares into his eyes as the arrow takes root. She doesn't look away. She doesn't say anything, but she doesn't look away.
[00:10:54] <Oxford> "She has the look of the devil upon her," says the dark pilot, nodding at Naida, "but I can tell it is you who are in command here."
[00:12:11] <Cille_Lund> She sticks to Cimbrian. This will be in []'s! Google translator go home. "[I might have saved you, but you are not exactly out of hot water yet. There's several with a fair mind to kill you, and you've every right to die. …But, I noticed you stopped shooting, so I'm at least going to attempt this mercy thing. War is a cruel place…no sudden movements, of course.]"
[00:13:05] <Rosalyne_Holst> Yeah NO. Rosalyne steps forward and puts her sword against the man's throat and turns to Cille, "Don't let him trick you. He might look nice but remember that the Novgraandi started their invasion again." She turns to look at the blonde pilot and glares at him.
[00:15:17] <Lily_Blevins> "…she caught him, she gets to decide what to do with him. Her responsibility. Unless she gives it to you, or you're a higher officer, you can't take it from her."
[00:16:41] <Cille_Lund> "[Case in point!]" Cille readies a small barrier directly where Rosalyne's blade is…while keeping her own. "I am not letting him trick me. I am simply trying to hang on what little sanity there is left in this place. Magic has robbed us of plenty of it, I will not let myself throw out the rest willingly. Also, there's plenty of use we could have for a prisoner."
[00:17:05] <Cille_Lund> *keeping her own blade drawn and unbarricaded
[00:19:17] <Cille_Lund> "And of course, we can't judge people based off the country they came from entirely. Otherwise I'd have considered telling higher ups in the city about this magic thing in an attempt to stop the Albaeans from pulling a fast one on us."
[00:19:18] <Oxford> "[Hey, hey, easy now. You've got me, I surrender.]" The blonde pilot smiles at the two newer girls, listening to the conversation in Albaean without understanding it. "[There are no cruel places; only cruel people. I hope you are not one of them.]"
[00:21:39] Rosalyne_Holst looks at Cille then back at the man and pulls back her sword, "Fine but I'll also make sure he doesn't try to do anything funny. Otherwise I'm turning him to someone else in the Cimbrian army."
[00:23:26] <Cille_Lund> "[If I don't go easy, they might fill in the gap. Apologies, but until they calm down and we figure out what to actually do, this blade will be particularly close to you. Please understand. And yes, these are my thoughts exactly, though there are those that would prey against those that show mercy to gain an edge, and we have to assume you could be one of them.]" And to Rosa! "Feel free
[00:23:27] <Cille_Lund> to do exactly that. …Also, I have no idea how taking prisoners work…can someone help me out here?"
[00:24:59] <Lily_Blevins> Lily pulls out a lock of planthair and tosses it at the prisoner, the plant squiggling around to Bind him. "I don't know the formal procedure myself, but I figure keeping him bound so he can't do anything drastic would be good."
[00:25:51] <Cille_Lund> "I'm not good at maintaining barriers, so please take care of that!" "[You might be bound by strange things. Don't panic, hold still.]"
[00:28:14] <Oxford> "[No apologies necessary; I understand completely. Just let me know what I can do to help,]" he says, keeping his arms by his sides as the vines worm their way around him. "[Oh, I'm Vladko, by the way. Vladko Termitsan.]"
[00:29:19] Rosalyne_Holst ignores the trio and flies back to the bar.
[00:29:39] <Cille_Lund> "[I'm Cille Lund, good to have met you before any of the other ones did! That might have been…painful.]"
[00:34:55] <Oxford> Vladko makes an uncomfortable face. "[Yeah, that could've been bad. Guess I'm just lucky you found me.]"
[00:36:48] <Lily_Blevins> Lily waves to him. "Hope you've got a plan to make sure he doesn't sneak out on us. He looks…trustworthy, but best not to take our chances!"
[00:38:33] <Cille_Lund> "Those that look trustworthy while being such good pilots require the strictest of eyes, for they might have experience in lying as well. Trust me, I might be merciful, but I'm not a complete idiot for it!"
[00:41:56] <Lily_Blevins> "Mmmhmmm. Good!" She gives Cille a hug…a rather tight hug…
[00:43:37] <Oxford> Vladko's eyebrows arch dramatically.
[00:45:53] Rosalyne_Holst [~ten.letxa.cimanyd.95F37E7F-noziR|ttipseriF#ten.letxa.cimanyd.95F37E7F-noziR|ttipseriF] has quit IRC: Ping timeout: 240 seconds
[00:45:54] <Cille_Lund> … "H-hey, you better not be doing that again. If you stop at the hug, fine, but anything more and I will turn this blade and attempt give you a temporary scar. …And the same goes for everyone else." Her sword is less focused, but hopefully it shouldn't matter. …Now she finds herself in an embarassing situation, though, Quickly, somewhat explain it! "[Er-ah, you could guess that
[00:45:54] <Cille_Lund> none of this is natural. It…results in non-natural things, obviously. This hug isn't natural.]"
[00:46:27] <Lily_Blevins> "Hm?" LIly's eyes open, and she realizes what she's doing and jumps off, blushing. "Oh, sorry, sorry!" She waves her hands frantically
[00:47:46] <Cille_Lund> "Y-You really need to find someone else to hug unexpectedly."
[00:48:40] <Cille_Lund> "…I've no idea where to take him. How much objections does everyone have to taking him to the Rusty Tub while someone else figures out what to actually do with prisoners of war?"
[00:48:55] <Cille_Lund> Like, she imagines there's a lot.
[00:49:14] <Oxford> "[Em, by which you mean to say, you and her are,]" he pauses, and would gesture vaguely were his hands not tied behind his back, "[just friends?]"
[00:49:58] <Cille_Lund> "[D-Don't make me execute you!]" She's completely flustered.
[00:51:00] <Lily_Blevins> "Hm?" Blinkblink. She grasps the general flow of the conversation and starts shaking her head quickly.
[00:54:43] <Cille_Lund> …Are Lily and Cille the only ones left? "…Where are Henriette and Naida? Did they go on ahead?"
[00:55:19] <Lily_Blevins> "There was another prisoner that I caught, they were rather passionate on how to deal iwth him so I let Henriette handle it as she wished." She siiiighs.
[00:57:21] <Cille_Lund> "…Ahhh. …Someone needs to check on them. I don't feel right bringing him to the bucket without some confirmation on how allowed it is. Really, I don't feel too comfortable bringing him into the city as a whole, but with the best idea bringing her into the place that those two own more than I…"
[00:57:56] <Lily_Blevins> "There are two people in charge here."
[00:58:02] <Lily_Blevins> "Myself, and Henriette."
[00:58:09] <Lily_Blevins> "And Henriette won't contradict me."
[00:59:09] <Oxford> "[Oh, well please don't execute me,]" Vladko says, laughing to see Cille blushing. He goes quiet while she speaks with Lily, looking up into the night sky carelessly.
[01:00:16] <Cille_Lund> "…Nnn. It's closer to their establishment, though. As a unit, perhaps, that seems right, but…we'll have to bring him together, since I'm not keeping my eye off him for the time being, and if I'm the only one bringing him he might get shot on sight or something. I don't imagine them being merciful."
[01:01:12] <Cille_Lund> "[I'll do my best to have you not executed. From then on it's up to chance and your behavior.]" So busy talking it's really hard to think!
[01:04:15] Lily_Blevins [ten.tsacmoc.ni.1dsh.0035CDC6-noziR|noituloveR#ten.tsacmoc.ni.1dsh.0035CDC6-noziR|noituloveR] has quit IRC: Ping timeout: 240 seconds
[01:04:45] <Oxford> "[Well, thanks for that,]" he says, a little sheepishly. "[I'm lucky to have you to count on.]"
[01:07:02] <Cille_Lund> "[It's hard to make promises! …But I'll still try my best.]"
[01:08:44] Aori_Radidjiu [ten.tsacmoc.ni.1dsh.53EAF52F-noziR|noituloveR#ten.tsacmoc.ni.1dsh.53EAF52F-noziR|noituloveR] has joined #WorldWarBurst
[01:10:22] <Aori_Radidjiu> "That's why I'm here!" She nods.
[01:11:21] <Cille_Lund> "Very well! Time to go back home and hope this doesn't go as horribly wrong as it could…like everything else seems poised to." Time to lead him back!
[01:17:13] <Oxford> Vladko follows along obediantly, hands tied behind his back. The ground is still warm beneath their feet, heat still radiating out from the rough cobblestones, while from above the cool smooth moon beams gently down on the gathering night.
[01:17:20] <Oxford> /session