The Library: Session #9

Back to The Library

[http://pastebin.com/RfuyALbK]
[17:20:22] <~Charm> October 31, 2054 || Javitz Convention Center, New York City || 5:30 PM EDT
[17:22:04] <~Charm> In retrospect, this shouldn't have been a surprise. If everyone in the world has the ability to use magic and merely lacks the needed understanding, it should stand to reason that there would be a high number of magic users in the world.
[17:22:42] <~Charm> But hearing that there would be over 3000 mages here, and actually being in a giant room with three thousand magic users are two entirely different things.
[17:23:37] <Noire> And there's hardly room to float around. What a pain.
[17:25:23] <~Charm> Since it *is* New York, Rachelle Tanners is taking point. But there are nearly twenty Librarians here, from Geneva and San Diego to Canberra and Johannesburg.
[17:26:07] <~Charm> After some deliberations, Rachelle whistles loudly as the crowd turns silent.
[17:27:27] <Lecia> 3000~ people is a LOT of people. Lecia's feeling a bit cramped, here. Thankfully, she doesn't have to look ridiculous in front of all these people: her eyes stopped being weird quite a while ago. But in any case, it's time to SHOOT SOME ZOMBIES. …after this, and maybe some other things. Paying attention, she is.
[17:28:02] <~Charm> "Ladies and Gentlemen. It's come to our attention that a thick fog has fallen over Arkham. It also appears that the undead have gained some sort of magical resistance."
[17:28:53] <Noire> Yeah, the wrong kind of paying attention comes from part of their group, though. In performing hand-motions Noire had been signalling Lessy and the others to ask if they wanted lifts. And regardless of their answers a blonde head would find itself peeking out from the crowd, floating up for a better view. What she intended to do up there, though, nobody knows.
[17:28:59] <~Charm> Well THAT did a great job of causing the uproar to return in earnest. This was supposed to be a walk in the park, mow down everything that moves. Adding magic to the other side just made this mission that much harder.
[17:30:00] <Noire> "Aww boo." Descending straight down. Now's the best time to have an inter-group conversation when everybody else is yelling and screaming, huh? "Y'think Fortuna will still work? It better."
[17:31:20] <Laura> Laura grins wickedly. "What if we had to do it the old-fashioned way, eh? Shotguns and machetes?"
[17:32:08] <Noire> "Without lasers? Get real, gramma." A silly laughing fit follows, since the place they're in is totally loud enough for it.
[17:33:06] <~Charm> "LISTEN UP!" Rachelle gets everyone's attention again. "This does NOT change the battle plan. We made this mess ages ago, and we're the only ones who can fix it. In case you forgot, this is how it's gonna go. Don't ignore me, 'cause I'm not gonna repeat it."
[17:33:25] <Laura> Laura chuckles a bit herself. Picturing Lecia with a pair of handguns… it's just silly.
[17:33:31] <Lecia> FOG. Lecia most definitely wanted a lift, it's really really cramped in here. And…well, it's only some magic resistance. "It's just a resistance, right? Not an immunity? Then the laser should blow em up!" LASERS. … "…stupid fog…" And then Rachelle got her attention again.
[17:33:55] <Lecia> And that would be adorable, so very.
[17:34:07] <Lilo> "Magic? Resistance? Godddddddd, isn't this exactly what I was saying?" Lilo seems awfully worried, despite having made her peace with the idea of regular zombies.
[17:35:17] <~Charm> "All units with the designation Alpha-Bravo, you are the Artillery Team. You will go through the Gate on my left, your right. You have a 10 minute window to start whittling down the forces. All units designation Alpha-Charlie, you're air patrol. We have no idea if the fog changes anything else, so keep an eye out while taking out enemies."
[17:36:21] <~Charm> "All units designation Alpha-Delta through Alpha-Hotel, you'll be slogging it out. Keep your unit together, do NOT separate for any reason. If any one person is wounded, retreat as a team for healing!"
[17:36:39] <Lecia> "…we beat up the fog last time…wonder if we can beat it up again…" Thinking bad ideas, Lecia is. Well, they're probably bad.
[17:37:09] <~Charm> "Alpha-India, you're staying back and healing anyone who comes through. You'll get more detailed info as the time comes."
[17:38:09] <~Charm> "REMEMBER! these are still zombies. Any wound they cause will be FATAL if not treated. If you are hit, you must return to base and get it fixed IMMEDIATELY! Are we Clear?"
[17:38:27] <Noire> With some silly noises, Lessy gets set down as well. Another giggle, of course, with her being tiny and cute and everything. Noire herself is confused at not being part of the healing group, provoking a head-tilt at that line but still a shrug. "You don't think… that'll happen again, right? I think all we gotta do is just… not attack the fog this time, if it's the same fog. I mean, I hope it's not, but…"
[17:38:29] <Laura> Laura glances at the rest of her squad. "We're Alpha-Delta, remember. On-foot unit."
[17:39:48] <Noire> Nod. "Yeah! But… did we get put together as a favor or somethin'? I would've imagined healers would be lacking or something… then again…" Everyone's favorite Frenchie (that isn't part-German) scratches her head, coming up with ideas. And before she knows it she's a couple inches off the ground again.
[17:40:24] <Lilo> "…Are you serious? Is every stupid thing Mia said wrong? So much for flying around safely. And magical zombies."
[17:40:55] <~Charm> "Alright then. Alpha-Bravo, Alpha-Charlie, proceed to your rendezvous points and engage at will. Good hunting!" about a sixth of the contingent heads through gates in some semblance of order. Ten minutes until the rest of you have to charge in.
[17:42:13] <~Charm> If any of you have anything you'd like to say or do before charging in, now's the time to do it.
[17:42:30] <Noire> Time to get snappy. "Relax. They're not acting like there's some kinda special anti-undead-poison potion or anything, right? If all it takes is healing magic I'll make sure nobody turns AND charge lasers."
[17:44:10] <Noire> Shake, shake. "I just REALLY hope the first group's not gonna come back as a buncha old ladies or somethin'. We've got enough headaches here."
[17:44:32] <Laura> "Right. Just stick together once we're through the gate. Watch each other's backs, and we'll all be fine."
[17:44:51] <Lecia> She's heard about the zombies for a while now, and naturally things step up. But…it shouldn't be that bad, right? "…Maybe it's a different kind of fog? One messed with time, one made it cold…"
[17:48:54] <~Charm> "Alright! Alpha Delta! You're up! Echo, Foxtrot, Golf and Hotel squadrons, prepare to follow up!"
[17:49:44] <Noire> Yaaaaaaaaawn. "'Kay, here we go~ Good luck!" If Lines makes any more whiny zombie comments she gets a big nudge in the shoulder.
[17:50:14] <~Charm> || Arkham, Massachusetts || 5:47 PM ||
[17:50:41] * Charm changes topic to 'Wave: 1 || Waves Remaining: ?? || Zombies Killed: 0'
[17:51:58] <~Charm> For not even being 6 in the evening, it's eerily dark. The moans of the unhallowed fill the air, along with the faint scent of putrid blood. It can't be long now…
[17:52:38] <Noire> Poof. Poof. Vwoop. SHING. Eyes switching color-positions, a lunar princess makes her way onto the field. "Let's at least try to make something fun of it, alright~?"
[17:53:05] <~Charm> It's at this point you all see something that makes Noire's knees go weak: a giant blood moon, hanging lazily in the night sky, the crimson glow lighting the field with a haze of death and despair.
[17:54:37] <Noire> "Y-You're kidding me… right?" Dangerously, the sickle attached to its chain falls off the stick and drops to the ground with a THUD.
[17:54:39] <Laura> "Ominous," remarks Laura. "Stick with the plan, gals. Set'em up and knock'em down."
[17:55:28] <Lilo> After the nudge, Lilo transforms. No use waiting to get bitten as a normal human! "I'm not whining again, I just have a question. What happens to the people who live here every year when the town gets overrun?"
[17:55:53] <Lecia> CRIMSON MOON. Lecia fares better than Noire does, but starts faring worse when Noire drops the zombie killer. "W-what's wrong?!"
[17:57:23] <Laura> "Maybe it's deserted," Laura ventures. "Let's advance straight toward the city center, building-by-building."
[17:58:23] <Noire> A headshake at Lines where Noire's other hand shoots up to her face, flipping the chain back up to turn away from Lessy's advance. "… Don't look. L-Let's just go."
[17:59:06] <~Charm> It takes a while before four zombies start lumbering their way in Noire's general direction.
[17:59:31] <Noire> "… Back. Get back getbackgetbackgetbackohgoddon'tlook." SHING!
[18:00:57] <Lecia> If the mission wasn't already 'protect Noire', it is now. Hence, lasers are shot at the zombies for good measure. Rapid fire.
[17:59:37] <@Charm> Four zombies. They all act last and are 1d3 turns away from being able to Melee.
[17:59:42] <@Charm> 1d3
[17:59:42] <DiceMaid-9001> Charm, 1d3: 2 [1d3=2]
[17:59:59] <&Noire> oh, but I'm going 4/10/5 anyway
[18:00:29] <Lilo> 784ing because fuck getting ambushed
[18:00:58] <@Laura> 7/9/3
[18:01:05] <Lecia> Cool defensive stats
[18:01:09] <Lecia> 10/6/3
[18:02:07] <Lecia> 2d6+10 MEGABUSTA, practically a test to see how much a zombie can take
[18:02:07] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, MEGABUSTA, practically a test to see how much a zombie can take: 17 [2d6=4,3]
[18:02:27] <@Charm> Zombie is too dumb to active defense. Hits, roll damage.
[18:02:39] <Lecia> 1d6+5 whoosh
[18:02:40] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, whoosh: 10 [1d6=5]
[18:03:13] <Noire> Of course, with no shades, once Noire's hand gets let down there's no hiding the fact that her whole face is practically radiating purple. So, with a gulp, the chainscythe's shaft is jammed into the ground. "O Noble Luna, heed my calling~!"
[18:04:24] <@Laura> 2d6+7
[18:04:25] <DiceMaid-9001> Laura, 2d6+7: 14 [2d6=2,5]
[18:05:04] <@Charm> Misses.
[18:05:51] <Lilo> 2d6+7
[18:05:52] <DiceMaid-9001> Lilo, 2d6+7: 15 [2d6=4,4]
[18:06:03] <@Charm> Unsurprisingly, tie
[18:06:06] <@Charm> 1d6
[18:06:07] <DiceMaid-9001> Charm, 1d6: 6 [1d6=6]
[18:06:10] <Lilo> huh, +12
[18:06:13] <Lilo> 1d6 dicks
[18:06:13] <DiceMaid-9001> Lilo, dicks: 5 [1d6=5]
[18:06:43] <Noire> "Blinding light! Echo forth divine radiance~ and smite this evildoer!" Stepping forward to get in front of Lessy and the others, the chainscythe swings itself in a horizontal arc, forming a shockwave that knocks forward. Hopefully with enough extra strength it'll bowl through the zombie crowd… maybe. "Clementia!!"
[18:06:48] <&Noire> 3d6+4 shifted
[18:06:49] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, shifted: 13 [3d6=2,5,2]
[18:07:26] <Laura> The familiar purr of an idling engine hums beside Laura. She swings a leg over the motorcycle and waits for the zombies to get closer. "Man, you ranged gals get all the luck."
[18:07:41] <~Charm> The laser'd zombie takes one through the eyesocket and falls over, dead.
[18:08:21] <Lilo> Lilo starts to charge up her speakers before realizing that such a loud attack would probably draw MORE zombies. Instead, she snaps her fingers, adding a small amount of destructive magic to the sound and directing it in the direction of the nearest zombie. Too bad the magic dissipated while traveling through the air.
[18:09:46] <Noire> "… Aaaagh." The hand goes back up right where it used to be before anybody gives a good look at her face. And why would they need to? They're fighting fuckin' zombies.
[18:10:12] <~Charm> None of the other attacks are able to connect. The zombies close in, and more are heading your way.
[18:11:03] * Charm changes topic to 'Wave: 2 || Waves Remaining: ?? || Zombies Killed: 1'
[18:11:44] <Noire> "It kinda… makes more sense now." Huff, huff. With a headshake, it's time to start charging again. That she does.
[18:11:49] <&Noire> 5/10/4
[18:11:56] <@Laura> 7/9/3 no change.
[18:12:14] <Lilo> same
[18:13:44] <Lecia> 2d6+10 ATTACK A
[18:13:45] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, ATTACK A: 16 [2d6=1,5]
[18:13:55] <@Charm> Hits. Damage?
[18:13:55] <Lecia> 3d6+8 ATTACK B
[18:13:56] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, ATTACK B: 16 [3d6=4,3,1]
[18:14:02] <@Charm> Also hits
[18:14:06] <Lecia> 1d6+5 DAMAGE A
[18:14:06] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, DAMAGE A: 6 [1d6=1]
[18:14:10] <Lecia> GAY
[18:14:20] <@Charm> Still up. Damage B?
[18:14:28] <Lecia> 1d6+5 DAMAGE B (I think Overcharge cancels the penalty, so this is the same)
[18:14:29] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, DAMAGE B (I think Overcharge cancels the penalty, so this is the same): 8 [1d6=3]
[18:14:48] <@Charm> Still up.
[18:15:21] <Lecia> Lecia is the best zombie shooter. …maybe they can get them next time? …let's not take that chance. The rapid fire is spread amongst the zombies this time around.
[18:15:43] <@Laura> 2d6+7 At most damaged.
[18:15:43] <DiceMaid-9001> Laura, At most damaged.: 13 [2d6=4,2]
[18:16:57] <~Charm> Well, she sacrificed accuracy for spraying and praying, and it shows. The undead are hit but not vitally so they give no fucks.
[18:16:13] <&Noire> 3d6+6 Turn order? The fuck is that? btw shifting this shit
[18:16:14] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, Turn order? The fuck is that? btw shifting this shit: 22 [3d6=5,6,5]
[18:18:30] <Noire> "… Luna, blah blah. Don't let 'em stand!" While the air SKREEEEEEEs or something similarly awkward-sounding, the zombies would find themselves being crushed into the ground, as if being stomped on by massive air pressure. Or massive… something. At the very least, they can't SEE anything crushing them, but are probably too dumb to realize it's their own body weight being manipulated so that they crush themselves. Gotta love magic. "Gravitas!!"
[18:18:07] <Lilo> 2d6+7
[18:18:07] <DiceMaid-9001> Lilo, 2d6+7: 18 [2d6=5,6]
[18:18:13] <Lilo> 1d6 oh boy here we go again
[18:18:14] <DiceMaid-9001> Lilo, oh boy here we go again: 2 [1d6=2]
[18:18:25] <@Charm> Hit. Which one is targeted?
[18:18:33] <Lilo> whichever one looks most injured
[18:18:42] <&Noire> 1d6+3+2 ooh can I do this now
[18:18:44] <@Charm> Okay. Roll damage
[18:18:44] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, ooh can I do this now: 11 [1d6=6]
[18:19:18] <Lilo> 1d6+5
[18:19:19] <DiceMaid-9001> Lilo, 1d6+5: 8 [1d6=3]
[18:19:39] <@Charm> That takes out the worst injured one.
[18:19:47] <@Charm> 1d2
[18:19:48] <DiceMaid-9001> Charm, 1d2: 1 [1d2=1]
[18:20:21] <@Charm> Noire takes out the other wounded one. The third's brain is barely still attached.
[18:20:40] <Lecia> But she's actually HITTING them. They don't seem to be hitting with their all, so getting them in KO range is suddenly Lecia's job. Or something. Pewpewpewpewpew anyway.
[18:20:53] <Lilo> New plan. Stomp, stomp. Lilo sends sonic waves through the ground at one of the zombies, initiating a reverberation through its body that blows up the zombie's head to the displeasure of scientists everywhere.
[18:21:40] <Noire> Considering they're already being pancaked, that last one is probably a totally awesome sandwich.
[18:22:26] <~Charm> One of the first four is still standing and closing. But behind it, you can see one more, and then a lot more behind that one!
[18:23:07] * Charm changes topic to 'Wave: 3 || Waves Remaining: ?? || Zombies Killed: 3'
[18:23:17] <Noire> "Aa…. not now…" Flinch. And it turns into a little more than that, leaning on the bladestick again as it's jammed into the ground. Noire can't even cover her face anymore as she starts visibly trembling.
[18:26:19] <Lecia> Spraying and praying, needed no more. It looks like Laura has the one close up, and it's weakened as it is, so…PEW, shoot at one in the distance, with a completely normal purple beam.
[18:26:34] <Lecia> 2d6+10 Going first is suffering
[18:26:34] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, Going first is suffering: 22 [2d6=6,6]
[18:26:38] <Lilo> yeah
[18:26:39] <Lilo> it is
[18:26:40] <&Noire> I shifted that
[18:26:42] <&Noire> I did
[18:26:43] <&Noire> I so did
[18:26:46] <&Noire> don't roll oc jesus christ
[18:27:00] <Lilo> 2d6 here I'll get those sixes out of the way for you
[18:27:01] <DiceMaid-9001> Lilo, here I'll get those sixes out of the way for you: 7 [2d6=1,6]
[18:27:03] <Lilo> see
[18:27:07] <Lecia> 2d6 whoosh
[18:27:07] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, whoosh: 6 [2d6=4,2]
[18:27:11] <Lilo> you're welcome
[18:27:12] <Lecia> Thank you kindly
[18:27:20] <&Noire> FINE DON'T LISTEN TO ME
[18:27:39] <Lecia> 1d6+4+5 I can now assure that the zombie is gone, though
[18:27:40] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, I can now assure that the zombie is gone, though: 11 [1d6=2]
[18:28:19] <Lecia> Well, normal as in the usual beam. As for actually being normal, well, WHOOOSH, look at that thing go.
[18:29:38] <&Noire> 3d6+6 going last is also suffering (so is continuing to shift everything)
[18:29:39] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, going last is also suffering (so is continuing to shift everything): 17 [3d6=6,2,3]
[18:29:51] <Lecia> Shifting is magic
[18:30:02] <Lecia> well, anti-magic
[18:30:04] <&Noire> whenever it's safe to do that, it'll be a straight line
[18:30:15] <&Noire> fluffing in a minute
[18:30:27] <@Charm> You'll tie one of them then.
[18:30:46] <@Charm> 1d6 tiebreak
[18:30:47] <DiceMaid-9001> Charm, tiebreak: 4 [1d6=4]
[18:31:50] <@Charm> Did lilo attack?
[18:31:50] <&Noire> 1d6 yeah sorry
[18:31:52] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, yeah sorry: 3 [1d6=3]
[18:31:27] <~Charm> And look at that brain go! Firmly removed from head, its owner drops.
[18:33:29] <Noire> "Aaaah… why all of a sudden…" Headshake, headshake. With a deep breath after the 'shaking fit,' Noire gets ready and points the weapon out again. "Oh, shining silver blade of justice! Penetrate everything~!" In a whisper there's a (preferably not me this time) in there, before what's quite literally a silver beam of moonlight erupts from the weapon's tip.
[18:33:06] <@Charm> Roll damage Noire
[18:33:14] <Lilo> Is it me or Laura next?
[18:33:31] <@Charm> You. Laura is autoclashing the Melee zombie
[18:33:39] <&Noire> 1d6+3+2 I was teh floof
[18:33:41] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, I was teh floof: 11 [1d6=6]
[18:33:45] <@Laura> thanks. Back in a bit, guys.
[18:33:51] <Lilo> 2d6+7 why can't I hold all these six damages
[18:33:52] <DiceMaid-9001> Lilo, why can't I hold all these six damages: 16 [2d6=6,3]
[18:33:57] <Lilo> 1d6 nigger
[18:33:57] <DiceMaid-9001> Lilo, nigger: 5 [1d6=5]
[18:34:13] <@Charm> And another down. Lilo hits hers.
[18:34:30] <@Charm> Roll damage
[18:34:34] <Lilo> 1d6+5
[18:34:34] <DiceMaid-9001> Lilo, 1d6+5: 7 [1d6=2]
[18:34:59] <@Charm> Not down.
[18:34:52] <Lecia> Half the kill count, and most of the damage. Lecia's getting into this. The more zombies that vanish, the less of an issue Noire's issues will be. That's her way of helping, and it's working pretty well.
[18:35:26] <@Charm> 2d6+?;2d6+9 clash
[18:35:27] <DiceMaid-9001> Charm, 2d6+?: 7 [2d6=3,4]; clash: 16 [2d6=4,3]
[18:36:11] <@Charm> And laura beats it and punches the shit out of it.
[18:36:18] <@Charm> 1d6+4
[18:36:19] <DiceMaid-9001> Charm, 1d6+4: 7 [1d6=3]
[18:36:25] <@Charm> Yeah, down
[18:36:10] <Noire> "Nnf!" Of course, Noire's on her knees after this one, muttering "ohgoddon'tturnaroundplease" and the like.
[18:36:25] <Lilo> The waves bounce from the fallen zombie straight into the body of the other undead target, destructively shaking its body, but not with enough power to kill THAT WHICH DOES NOT LIVE.
[18:37:20] <~Charm> Laura hangs back and is able to rip tue brain out of the closest zombie's head. It's no longer a factor.
[18:38:09] <Lecia> And thankfully, she isn't. Can't just turn around- whoa, that one got close…but Laura ripped the brain out of it. Pew pew pew, zombie killing time.
[19:09:24] * Charm changes topic to 'Wave: 4 || Waves Remaining: ?? || Zombies Killed: 6'
[19:10:41] <~Charm> Well, that's all well and go-Woah. Seven zombies right there, getting pretty close. And at least five more behind that!
[19:11:15] <Noire> "Kyaaaaaaaa~" Oh that's right, that's totally what it sounds like. Noire's face is a bright red that only says "stop looking at me" for the next full minute after that one. She's a bit shake to stand up too.
[19:12:28] <Noire> Shaky.
[19:13:21] <Lecia> Lecia catches a glance because WHAT IS SHE DOING - but the bright redness of it makes her quickly turn away so as to avoid losing focus on protecting her. Zombie killing time. …Was her face still purple? Who knows, Lecia's not thinking about that too hard, even if it is.
[19:13:41] <Lilo> "…Merde! Shouldn't they have some kind of special weakness? There's an army of these guys!"
[19:13:43] <Noire> "Er… maybe I shouldn't even name this one. Buuuut… go~! Let's cut 'em down! … Eheheh." This time she clamps her eyes shut while swinging the chainscythe and… bracing. And 'her face is purple' was totally an exagerration meaning both her eyes were purple, you dolt.
[19:12:09] <&Noire> 10/4/5 and ready to blow them up, OC is 1h2f
[19:12:56] <@Laura> 9/7/3 just shoot it
[19:13:48] <Lecia> What's changing arrays I don't understand
[19:14:27] <Lilo> 784 plz be not fucking me up
[19:15:02] <&Noire> 3d6+11 eh I'll go ahead, nonshift
[19:15:04] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, eh I'll go ahead, nonshift: 22 [3d6=6,2,3]
[19:15:07] <&Noire> 1d6 aaw
[19:15:08] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, aaw: 5 [1d6=5]
[19:15:18] <&Noire> … So how many of the 7 can that hit?
[19:15:33] <&Noire> 27 25 23 21 19 17 15….
[19:15:58] <@Charm> Right, can float. Yeah you could biimu the shit out of them.
[19:16:49] <&Noire> 1d6+5+4 damage is this much btw
[19:16:50] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, damage is this much btw: 14 [1d6=5]
[19:16:55] <@Charm> The last one tiebreaks though. And it's the injured one.
[19:16:56] <&Noire> 14 13 12 11 10 9 8
[19:17:01] <&Noire> right
[19:17:01] <&Noire> 1d6
[19:17:02] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, 1d6: 4 [1d6=4]
[19:17:06] <@Charm> 1d6 tiebreak
[19:17:06] <DiceMaid-9001> Charm, tiebreak: 6 [1d6=6]
[19:15:40] <Lecia> But of course. Still, the mono-purple doesn't get much thinking because ZOMBIES. A beam is fired at one of the closer ones.
[19:19:14] <Noire> Well, 'bracing' means 'getting way too into it and floating up into the air,' apparently, because moonmagic forms prismatic wings on her back that flap once, sending the woman into the air with a complete circle of an arc. And since she can't seem to stop, her face flushes red mid-swing as it circles across the zombie-crowd AGAIN- by that point the chain comes back to her weapon, which drops straight to the ground as her hands cup together to fire a HADOKEN or otherwise gigantic moon laser of some kind. The shaking's probably a LOT more apparent as Noire crashes to the ground immediately after, in a gigglefit mised with moans. Moans and "Stop that!" everywhere.
[19:20:06] <Lecia> 2d6+10 FUCK IT, getting one that Noire isn't hitting, NORMALLY
[19:20:07] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, FUCK IT, getting one that Noire isn't hitting, NORMALLY: 15 [2d6=4,1]
[19:20:36] <~Charm> Despite all the psychic energy that Noire is dealing with, her assault did a damn good job of clearing out the advancing line of undead. Where there were seven, there now are two.
[19:20:50] <Noire> "Oh god oh god whytonightwhytonightwhytonight"
[19:22:02] <~Charm> Lecia's beam is shot wide, possibly due to the distraction of Noire getting completely wasted on residual magic.
[19:23:29] <@Laura> 2d6+9 shift me, Noire!
[19:23:30] <DiceMaid-9001> Laura, shift me, Noire!: 13 [2d6=1,3]
[19:23:33] <&Noire> Shifted~
[19:23:42] <@Laura> 1d6 huzaah, that would've missed
[19:23:42] <DiceMaid-9001> Laura, huzaah, that would've missed: 6 [1d6=6]
[19:24:59] <Lilo> 2d6+7 anyway this jerk's probably gonna bite someone
[19:24:59] <DiceMaid-9001> Lilo, anyway this jerk's probably gonna bite someone: 13 [2d6=1,5]
[19:25:05] <Noire> "Nnnnnng~" Well, Laura's target totally gets magically pinned to the ground, but that doesn't stop Noire from rolling everywhere.
[19:25:20] <@Laura> 1d6+4 don't mind me
[19:25:21] <DiceMaid-9001> Laura, don't mind me: 10 [1d6=6]
[19:25:48] <Lecia> Holy damn. Noire doesn't need any protecting, and Lecia's now stuck competing for second place. As such, Lecia's paying more attention to Noire, but doesn't know how else to help her…so, more zombies, a worried look stained on Lecia's face. For Noire. Not for the zombies, those are toast.
[19:26:15] <Noire> At least her cackling sounds pretty neutral at this point, and not totally batshit insane.
[19:26:42] <Lilo> Lilo claps her hands. Apparently, it was meant to be a sonic attack or something like that, but it really didn't make much happen.
[19:28:15] <Lecia> Either way, looks like tonight is going to be a long/fun/hot/cold night.
[19:28:16] <Laura> "Cover me, gals!" Laura shouts as she roars forward on her motorcycle. She takes a swing at one of the two remaining zombies as she passes, and the hit shatters its skull. The undead crumples like an empty sack as she turn the bike and pulls back into formation.
[19:28:31] * Charm changes topic to 'Wave: 5 || Waves Remaining: ?? || Zombies Killed: 12'
[19:29:20] <~Charm> More moaning corpses rise up towards the four, but there's still half a dozen who are either right in range to hit, or are about to be.
[19:29:22] <Noire> "Ahah… hah… heheh… was.. that okay?" Noire's outstretched hand throws itself into the air like it was holding something since that something is very obviously not there anymore. She herself struggles to stand back up with a headshake.
[19:31:22] <Lecia> "Right!" Cover Laura too, because protecting people that are protecting people is fine too. And then, Noire. "T-that was great!" Even if she's suffering, words of confidence…she can't just leave, but Noire doesn't look that well…
[19:37:31] <Lecia> …and because Noire doesn't look well, it's best if these zombies are GONE. And so, Lecia focuses…and fires a beam that goes from one zombie to another, destroying whatever gets in the way!
[19:38:07] <~Charm> Well, either way those zombies are toasted.
[19:39:36] <Noire> "Eheh… T-Thanks, Lessy." A moment is spent TO complete standing up, before it's time to take a deep breath and begin chanting again. Noire does so. "O Noble Luna, hear my plight…" Deep inside, she's regretting nobody getting hurt because she wants to fish for that Fortuna. Really.
[19:44:21] <Noire> "O… Okay. Lines, go that way!" With a point, Noire floats off to the side and finishes mumbling her chant, pointing her stick in a fasion that would shoot a big line-laser. It's obvious that what's on her mind is crossing lasers together for a big anti-undead explosion or something. "Shine forth fortune amongst our mortal souls! Felicitas!!"
[19:47:41] <Lilo> "Felicitas!" Noire's voice echoes louder than it was originally said. In fact, the voice continues to echo out of Lilo's speakers in the form of a sonic ray lancing out to cross with Noire's own.
[19:51:17] <Noire> Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimu. A giant purple laser erupts, reflecting the color of Noire's eyes. On her face is a wicked smile before the shaft jams into the ground again. Shaking incoming.
[19:52:07] <~Charm> Most of the zombies you can clearly make out are down. But Noire isn't the only one reeling from the attack.
[19:52:12] <Noire> "I knew it was a good idea to as- aaaaaaaaah~! Ohgawdittickles." She slowly descends while holding onto the weapon until her knees touch the ground.
[19:53:05] <Noire> And since a certain SOMEBODY is no fun, Lines would quickly realize why Noire's acting so strange, as she's overcome from the inside with a euphoric pleasure. It feels very much like the sort of thing teenage girls do all the time but shouldn't be doing in the middle of a fight.
[19:58:20] <Lilo> Lilo stumbles back with wide eyes, "Blackie! W-what are you doing to me?" Well, THAT's just weird. How that got transmitted into Lilo, the world may never know. Meanwhile, Lilo's face is bright red and she's grinding her teeth to keep quiet.
[20:02:17] <Noire> "S… Sorry! I-I didn't mean to!" This takes a while to even respond with, considering she's only very slowly able to stand at all. And she does so with deep breaths.
[20:04:05] <Laura> The remaining zombie lurches toward Laura. She ducks under its arms and grabs it by one wrist, rotating at the hip to throw the monster onto the ground. It lays there, gnashing helplessly, until she brings her boot down on its face.
[20:04:55] <~Charm> That does a good job of stopping the brain. More undead loom in the distance, but you get the feeling that you're getting through it.
[20:05:46] * Charm changes topic to 'Wave: 6 || Waves Remaining: 4 || Zombies Killed: 18'
[20:06:47] <Lilo> Lilo shakes her head as she starts to recover, "If you're gonna do… that… out here, then please don't share it with me next time! Especially not like that."
[20:07:49] <Noire> Once able to stand up, Noire cheerily holds the stick behind her back and floats over, taking care to make sure the close zombies are out of the way first. "Eheh, it really was an accident… but if it makes you feel better, thanks for helping~!" As she leans over to complete the peck, silver-streaked ponytail swaying along, Noire realizes that it actually IS possible to trip in the air, as a burst of magic helps out.this time. Suddenly the floating is replaced with Noire weighing a metric fuckton as she bowls Lilo over in the middle of the zombie battle, lips in a place they really didn't intend to be. You know, on the other girl's lips.
[20:08:48] <Noire> As her not-heterochromia-at-all eyes widen and she tries to pull back for an "Oops," something causes the blondie to reconsider and instead shove her whole tongue into the Frerman's mouth. And after a bout of THAT is when it's time for the "Oops."
[20:08:51] <Noire> "Oops."
[20:11:24] <Lilo> Lilo's eyes widen again. For just a moment before she realizes exactly what's going on, she starts to return the kiss. And then she remembers where they are and what just happened. Lines attempts to push the megaheavy Noire off, "That… let's just say that didn't happen, 'kay Blackie?"
[20:12:12] <Noire> "Y… Yeah. That's… let's not talk about it to anyone else." With a nod she floats herself to a comfortable position on the ground and extends a hand for the poor bowled-over girl up.
[20:12:46] <Noire> Assuming the help is taken, though, she gives a "But you're pretty good" whisper and a wink during. Silly Noire.
[20:13:16] <~Charm> And even as that happened, the two sane ones can see and feel a rosy wave of magic flood through the area. Maybe it did something?
[20:14:02] <Lilo> Lilo accepts the hand up. Redfaced, Lilo insists, "Don't have a clue what you're talking about."
[20:15:00] <Noire> An obvious giggle. Noire's wink alone says 'you'll get it when you're older' so her mouth doesn't have to. But, not being into that sort of thing, she convinces herself to forget and go back to killing zombies. Which she promptly begins getting ready to do, as evident by the style she's holding her weapon in.
[20:15:21] <~Charm> What she does have a clue about is the oncoming undead. And they wait for no man, woman, or magical girl.
[20:17:37] <Noire> Actually, considering none of said magical girls have been hit yet, it seems like the undead DO wait a little too much. Noire, too, yawns at least once.
[20:22:17] <Noire> Sniff. Sniff sniff. As Noire reels her weapon back, her nose tells her to do otherwise. So, there's a break in the action. "Heeeey… this fog smells different." Then another pause. "Er, I mean, it smells like zombie, but… even MORE different. Like it's not the same as LAST time." Emphasis on LAST. "Maybe someone's hiding in there?"
[20:23:49] <Lilo> Lilo groans again, "Magic zombiiiies…"
[20:24:05] <~Charm> Well the zombies aren't stopped, and if they get too much closer they'll be in range to bite people…so it's probably good to deal with them.
[20:24:56] <Laura> "Dead-heads first, fog later!" shouts Laura as she brings her motorcycle around for another pass at the undead.
[20:25:07] <~Charm> And there's plenty more behind the six or so you can see. It's just a matter of getting the angles right.
[20:28:10] <Noire> "Well, there're a buncha us over here, right? They seem like they're not even threatening… curiosity just beat the cat up, right?" As her eyes start glowing like the total Mary-Sue she is, Noire begins spinning her sickle and points it off to the side. "Keep it up! I'll see what I can find…"
[20:31:10] <Lecia> Did it? Well, she certainly SAW what caused it. The resulting confusion leads Lecia to try to get her mind away from it, and to do that, she expends more effort to WIPING the undead that sort of caused the situation to begin with.
[20:32:15] <Lecia> And said wiping was caused by a large, sweeping, purple beam of doom.
[20:32:30] <~Charm> Three more zombies go POP! you all can see four or five more in the distance but they're still a ways away.
[20:35:00] <Noire> "Go boom!" Once the staff stops spinning, the metallic head points forward and Noire ATTACKS THE DARKNESS with a moonbeam of some sort.
[20:36:35] <Noire> "… Hmm, I feel like that was a bad id-" THUD.
[20:37:59] <Noire> Like, if anybody's expecting Noire to get up and do anything other than scream while on the ground on occasion, they're wrong. Even her weapon is to the side now.
[20:41:05] <~Charm> Despite that seemingly useless move, there's movement from the fog and some shaking (aside from Noire's magical numbness) as it almost seems like the numbers are thinning.
[20:43:15] <Noire> And then the shaking on the ground is accompanied by CLANG CLANG CLANG.
[20:46:27] <Lilo> The microphone is held up to Lilo's mouth; she solemnly orders, "Fire!" and a cord fires from the microphone to whip the nearest zombie.
[20:47:24] <~Charm> The zombie is slashed in half! But that somehow doesn't stop it from shambling towards you.
[20:48:10] <Lilo> Squuueeeeeaaal.
[20:48:56] <Noire> Once she's able to stand, which definitely takes a while considering the strength of that one, Noire takes a few deep breaths before peering out into the fog. Did any of it clear at all? Or was the laser SO big that it vaporized whatever was in there, if there was anything? Quick check-over… nobody seems any younger… nothing seems very cold… hmm, what COULD it have done?
[20:49:45] <~Charm> The fog still persists as ever…but it seems a bit thinner out there.
[20:50:23] <Noire> NO. FUN. ALLOWED.
[20:50:26] <Lecia> Hitting the fog…did something? She totally paid attention to that, too. Maybe if she…maybe, this might work. She'll need a lot of luck, because she's already mostly spent, but maybe…
[20:50:34] * Charm changes topic to 'Wave: 7 || Remaining Waves: 3 || Zombies Killed: 21'
[20:52:00] <~Charm> Three zombies, Plus two halves of one.
[20:53:25] <~Charm> That's what you can see, and several more creeping up on them.
[20:54:13] <Noire> The timid little purple girl gets a hand placed on her shoulder. Two on both shoulders, actually. And if she were to turn around she'd see just-as-purple eyes on a face that's smiling at her. A wicked smile. "Need a boost?" It becomes painfully apparent that she's glowing. Glowing with LASER.
[21:00:16] <Noire> And it just gets even worse as something soft presses against Lecia's back. And following that up are the 18-year-old's arms wrapping around the robogirl, with that soft smile continuing. "This is all I've got. Do your best, 'kay?"
[21:02:34] <Lecia> Laser? No, not quite. Glowing? Yes. Very glowing. "S-sure! Help me out here!" Focus, focus, this is gonna hurt….and then, what people have seen quite a lot of happens. She makes a machine, though it hardly looks normal. Looks warped. It's got quite the engine, and it charges the fog. She makes another one that does the same, and another, and another, and tons more! They charge the fog,
[21:02:34] <Lecia> get inside (probably), and they CHAIN EXPLODE INSIDE THE DAMNED THING with a big bang of purple lasery BOMBS!
[21:05:36] <~Charm> The magic explodes through the fog as the drones explode, magic washing back on their mistress and her helper, affecting them in ways only they can accurately describe.
[21:06:15] <Noire> "… Oops. I gave you that too, didn't I?" Noire takes a deep gasp at this realization and takes a couple steps back, curling up on the ground preemptively. Poor unfortunate Lecia probably hasn't had time to get used to this yet.
[21:08:34] <~Charm> The air ripples as half a dozen zombies pick up the pace, charging for a final stand.
[21:08:51] * Charm changes topic to 'Final Wave || Zombies Killed: 28'
[21:09:27] <Noire> There's an "OH GOD YES" in there somewhere, if that's a surprise at all. Until Noire snaps out of it and leaps to her feet. "Er… I-I mean no! It's the magic, I swear!"
[21:10:57] <Lecia> And suddenly, it felt like a SWR game was announced. Well, that's the best way she really HAS to describe this. Combined with magic that's still lingering, it takes effort to stop herself from going a bit crazy. "I-I'll be fine!" She'll be fine, she says. Noire? …Less. So. "I-if you say so!" Focus. Those zombies are getting closer, she'll have to hit those next- gah, that move left her
[21:10:57] <Lecia> weak in the knees too, for entirely different reasons. Still, she stands.
[21:12:18] <Lilo> Lilo shakes her head disapprovingly, "You're gonna get bitten if you have to stop and enjoy yourself like that after every attack!"
[21:13:20] <Noire> "But I've been doing fine THIS far, huh? Rack up your kill count and THEN complain about it! Looks like this is the last one… I hope." With a grin, her sickle points out forward. "It was fun, guys~ … I mean them, not you."
[21:15:25] <Lilo> The whipcord changes direction to hack at another zombie, but overdoes it and misses her target completely.
[21:23:08] <Lecia> …And the effort it takes to stand after such a thing quickly doubles. It slowly alleviates…and Lecia has something a lot different on her mind than pleasure as soon as she notices. Like: 'why am I shedding?'.
[21:23:59] <Noire> A couple blinks. "… Oops."
[21:28:44] <Lecia> …Zombies. FOCUS ON THE ZOMBIES. The resulting wide range beam sends a woosh through her, making her hair fall out even faster. Oops, indeed.
[21:29:10] <~Charm> It's still enough to shred two of the undead. Only four remain.
[21:29:37] <~Charm> Each of the mages has to defend against a virulent maw lunging at them
[21:35:27] <~Charm> Of course, faster for zombies is still pretty slow. None of the mages are bitten.
[21:35:54] <Noire> And they seem to do okay. Noire forces the prismwings out to flap her back to a safe position before breathing a sigh of relief and mumbling a much-less-exciting chant to herself, enveloping little Lecia's body in not-so-bloody moonglow. In fact, any hint of anger in the little girl's mind is erased… which would be a bad thing if she had any plans to fight with it. But hell, she's Lecia, she uses nothing but magic.
[21:37:07] <Noire> "Lessy~ You alright? That stuff looked kinda draining!"
[21:38:17] <Laura> Laura guns the motorcycles engine and pops it into a wheelie, then brings the front tire down on top of the nearest zombie. Something crunches beneath her, but the creature is still moving, bones sticking through its decaying flesh.
[21:38:42] <Lecia> And Lecia manages that well enough, getting out of the way while still barely able to contain much of anything, and failing at contain the hair, for sure. And then Noire's moon glow…make friends with the zombies? They're not all bad - no, that's just weird, blasting them is OK too. Their way of greeting, sure…oh, she does feel much much better now. "I'm…welllll…it was, but it was
[21:38:43] <Lecia> worth it, right?" Restraint to avoid going mad has been reinforced, but with a lack of anger, holding in pleasure got a bit harder.
[21:40:04] <Noire> "Eheh~ Guess it was, huh? I'm gonna take a little of your power for a sec, then, to do that… everyone get outta the way, alright?"
[21:41:18] <Lilo> The zombie lunging at Lilo is rebuffed by a wall of sound right in its face.
[21:42:55] <Noire> Shing, shing, shing. This time, Noire's chainsickle carves shapes in the air, leaving lunar residue behind. It forms the shape of a giant pentagram in front of her, just for the sake of having SOMETHING NEW EVERY TIME. "O Noble Luna, heed my calling! I can feel it, everything searing through my veins!" With a spin, the weapon's shaft is slammed into the ground. "By the lunar princess' command, all things will become one! Shining rays of light, converge!"
[21:43:24] <Lecia> Doesn't stop her from firing at the least damaged one, of course. Let Noire destroy them all~ …and let the others clean house, if she misses.
[21:44:43] <Noire> "FORTUNA!!" This time, from the giant pentagram, a massive PEW is heard as a colossal red laser beam emerges from it in the zombies' direction. … The whats' direction? That seems like it's just empty space there. Weird.
[21:46:47] <~Charm> The air is silent. The bloody moon hangs over you, shining with the color of putrefied blood.
[21:46:51] <Noire> With a big grin, Noire does a JRPG-ish victory pose involving swinging the chainsickle above her head a few times before returning it to its post and vanishing it into thin air. "See, I toldjya I practiced! Piece of cake!" Then a tremble. Two trembles. Three. "… S-So, now if you'll… gimme a sec here…" She'll run as far as her weak knees can take her.
[21:47:33] <Noire> You know, to get to a safe place to get it all out without bothering anybody. Probably doesn't lessen the squeals very much.
[21:47:48] <~Charm> It's not too far, but it's enough to have some semblance of privacy. Not that it'll keep any screams out of earshot.
[21:49:59] <~Charm> After the scarlet moon's aura had finished having it's way with Noire's emotional state, the silence once again reigned. Two minutes. Then four. Then ten. The fog slowly started to clear as the echoes of war became nothing but a memory.
[21:52:15] <~Charm> "Hey, you girls still alive?" a shy redhead pops her head through the Mage gate, seeing four mages and countless undead corpses that had become re-dead.
[21:53:19] <Lilo> "Alive and unundead!" Somebody's pretty excited over the whole not being a zombie thing.
[21:53:53] <Noire> They know redheads that're shy? Let's see… Marian is totally a blonde, Mia is totally a brunette, Tanners… is probably a brunette too. Who could THAT be? Noire brushes herself off and floats toward the others, seeing this MYSTERIOUS PERSON. "You bet~! … Well, a little too alive in some of our cases." Cough, cough.
[21:55:31] <Lecia> Silent. DEAD silent. …Resisted well enough, all those urges were, but…she feels…gah, she just feels ill right now. And that came from more than her apparent baldness. The moon probably shines off it, it's probably really bright. …Oh, she's not done quite yet, but hey, someone else. "Y-yeah! We're…alive…" Lecia pictures how ridiculous she would look if she was bald. …which
[21:55:31] <Lecia> she is.
[21:56:01] <~Charm> "right then…well, we've cleared out everything in this block - air team is picking off leftovers. Wanna come back in?"
[21:56:09] <Noire> And that's probably the cause of the giggling behind her. PROBABLY.
[21:56:28] <Noire> But WHO IS THIS REDHEADED PERSON IS IT SOMEONE THEY KNOW? Noire's both-very-purple eyes spend ALL their focus trying to determine this.
[21:56:45] <~Charm> No one she recognizes, anyway.
[21:56:48] <Noire> Oh.
[21:57:33] <Noire> "Awww. Y'mean there's an air team AND a healing team but I didn't get invited to either? I gotta have a talk with upper management soon." With a pout, Noire gives Lessy one less giggle and the others a wave before attempting to follow this mysterious person in.
[21:57:52] <Laura> "How'd the rest of the teams do?" Laura inquires, walking back to the gate after scanning the corpses one last time.
[21:58:56] <~Charm> "Pretty good. We Uh…" she pauses. "We've reported 62 KIA though…the Librarians are NOT happy about it."
[21:59:38] <Noire> "… What. Against THESE guys?" Her face shows a bit of regret. "Err… maybe I really should've helped one of the other teams out."
[22:00:20] <~Charm> "Most of them just didn't know what to do. Can't say for sure…but we ought to head back."
[22:00:55] <Lilo> "Mia wrong again! That's more than ten times her estimate!"
[22:01:35] <Laura> Laura is aghast. "We took casualties? Damn. Heads better roll at HQ." She goes to the gate, shaking her head.
[22:01:37] <~Charm> "Estimate? This is my third one, and last year we only lost two mages. Four or five they say is usual."
[22:01:49] <Noire> "Eeeyuck. That's gonna leave a bad taste to think about. We took down…. uh, how many was it, Laurie? In the 40s? 50s?" With a headshake, she's probably extended a hand to pass through the mage gate at this point. In fact she's probably back to heterochromiac-mode by now too.
[22:02:25] <Lilo> "Hey, lady. What happens to the Arkham residents, now?"
[22:02:43] <Lecia> And then magic (of the heart variety) hijacked Lecia. There was one thought on her mind right now, and that is to alleviate her troubles of the bald, zombie, caring, and other variety by being close to the person she cares about the most. And thus, Lecia clung to Noire without a word, in a very similar way to how she clung to Laura.
[22:02:48] <~Charm> "what residents? No one has 'lived' here since the undead took over."
[22:03:53] <Noire> Noire would stop entering the gate when this happened, obviously, and wrap an arm over the poor kid. Holding her closely, in fact, enough to cover her head, one would hope. Still haven't gotten over that. But no words… except for the small moonglow the little girl would get before they both stepped in.
[22:04:05] <Lilo> "…Oh. I thought this was a town, like, with people. Who are the undead, then?"
[22:05:03] <~Charm> "The residents. And the occasional unfortunate soul who's able to bypass the magical barriers. Most of them are as old as dirt - s'why we keep having to kill em year after year."
[22:05:34] <~Charm> "but I like sticking on the side of the living. Shall we?"
[22:06:15] <Lilo> "Uh huh. Weird." Lilo still couldn't make sense of this mess, but whatever. Time to move on.
[22:06:24] <Noire> "Please~!" Unaware of the horrors she's bestowed unto the poor girl, big sister Noire pats Lessy on the shiny head once too before waltzing into the gate prattling on about how she wants to hear how the healing team did and et cetera.
[22:08:28] <~Charm> The return to the convention center was quite uneventful. A moment of silence for the lost (the worst losses in over two decades, apparently), and an extended healing for those injured or tired. Each Librarian would be informing his or her mages about how to further proceed.
[22:09:04] <Noire> That's exactly why they're going straight to Mia to ask what the fuck, with Noire leading. Or is it Julie?
[22:09:25] <~Charm> It's Julie. And she looks really down in the dumps.
[22:10:08] <Noire> Too bad Noire is bad at gauging this stuff, since she gives a huge wave and floats over with her floating bald loli in tow. "We're back, boss~!"
[22:10:22] <~Charm> "One, two, three, four…glad to see you're all in one peice."
[22:11:00] <~Charm> "wish the rest of us were that lucky."
[22:11:39] <Lecia> If it were possible to feel shame at this point, she would feel it all over her head. But this is magic and this is Noire, and such things would die and be replaced with 'Noire is patting my head, yay~!'. Of course, such wasn't meant to last. But either way, if she's not clinging, she's doing something very similar. "Hi…" …Right, the casualties. Noire's here, everything will be OK.
[22:11:39] <Lecia> …definitely clinging now. A bit tighter.
[22:11:46] <Laura> Laura nods sadly. And a little bit angrily, at that. "What happened out there, boss? It was supposed to be a cake walk."
[22:11:49] <Noire> "You bet! What, you didn't trust us?" She tries to keep the atmosphere from getting too gloomy, anyway. "So we were the first ones, right? Is Shally coming, and…" To do the worst possible thing imaginable, Noire begins naming off every Geneva mage with silly nicknames included while looking around for them.
[22:12:38] <Noire> "It WAS a cakewalk. Why was anyone having any problems? Was there something we were missing?"
[22:12:38] <~Charm> "Fog happened. And what should have been a cake walk turned into a death march."
[22:13:17] <Lilo> "For magic zombies, they weren't as scary as I expected…"
[22:13:29] <Noire> "… Ohhh, don't tell me it was so easy because I had the idea to blow the fog away so early. D-Did nobody else think of that? Really?"
[22:13:37] <Lecia> "…all this stupid fog…" Gloom and doom.
[22:14:06] <Noire> And of course, Lessy just keeps getting bigger and bigger hugs.
[22:14:20] <Noire> And free air rides!
[22:15:06] <Laura> "I still don't understand. We had air cover and medical squads, and it's not like there was any rush. Were squads going in under-strength?" Laura is pacing restlessly, chewing one knuckle in between questions.
[22:15:11] <~Charm> "For being told that this wasn't the same fight and that you couldn't hold anything back, way too many units did exactly that. Waited for them all to close in and tried to just chop away. But there were too many for that to work by that time. Over four hundred were forced to retreat - air squads probably kept this from being a massacre."
[22:16:04] <Lecia> A thought clicked in Lecia's not bald anymore head. She also clinged tighter when more bad news showed.
[22:16:08] <Noire> "… So we were the ONLY ones who actually shot laser beams from far away? That sounds kinda ridiculous." Still pouty, Noire nods to herself. "Well, can't help what's already been done, right? … Is there still room in the medical squads this late?"
[22:17:21] <~Charm> "Most of the newcomers who didn't know what to expect. They did alright. The ones who were smart enough to actually pay attention did okay as well. The fallen were mostly those who didn't listen and didn't think to retreat when outgunned."
[22:17:36] <Lilo> "Why were there foot troops in the first place? Even low flying fighters would be untouchable, right?"
[22:18:42] <Noire> Still patting the purplekid, Noire keept an effort to look out for the other Geneva-ites. For some strange reason, Shalin really IS the pinnacle of her worry today. And the heterochromiac herself probably wouldn't be able to answer why if asked.
[22:18:47] <~Charm> "Anyone who hasn't been healed by now is probably beyond saving. And the aerial mages can only do so much before the magic starts to…well, I'm sure you know what buildup of magic can do to you." It's at this point that Lecia is given a ballcap to wear.
[22:19:30] <Lilo> "But isn't it even worse for ground troops to start breaking down down there? Why put them in zombiereach?"
[22:19:48] <~Charm> Shalin is among the healers. She looks exhausted but wasn't part of the fight.
[22:20:39] <Lecia> It's worn gratefully. She's gonna need a wig later.
[22:20:40] <Noire> But all changes totally ended, she probably just looks like she has a really cute haircut or something, right? Well, whatever it is it looks cute on her. Noire can only keep pouting. "That sounds like a cop-out! I can still heal and I can still fly, is there anything else that can be done or not? Fixing idiots' mistakes is one of the things I came here to do, y'know." Oh, good, she gets waved to. Hopefully Megan's okay too, but nobody else was named. Like it's any question whether or not Noire totally befriended them though.
[22:21:04] <~Charm> "Because for the past fifty or so years, a mage could take out a zombie by looking at it cross-eyed."
[22:21:42] <~Charm> "There's really not much more to be done unless you have 'being a pall-bearer' on your bucket list."
[22:21:57] <Noire> Le sigh. "Well, if you saaaaay so…"
[22:22:22] <Lilo> "But we were TOLD to go down there by the same people who said they were dangerous!"
[22:22:34] <Laura> Laura kicks a trashcan angrily and thrusts her hands into her back pockets. "Idiots. The other HLs…don't let them make the same mistake next year, alright? You give'em hell, boss. We're lucky to have you."
[22:23:00] <Lecia> Well, hair doesn't instantly grow back. Still, it's adorable, yes it is. Cling, all this serious adult talking…and you know, being mostly bald.
[22:23:27] <~Charm> "We had done too much to just have everyone go home over a little fog. We knew it would be worse. We didn't know how much worse."
[22:23:44] <Noire> "Eheheh… we're glad to have US. Hearing all this, I'm REALLY glad I had you guys~ Any other teammates and I would've been totally vulnerable when- oops." A hand covers her own mouth right then.
[22:23:54] <~Charm> "But that's enough of that. You four preformed admirably, and your next check will reflect that."
[22:24:19] <Noire> "Yay~!" Fistpump. She's already ready to prance around and talk to the others about how they did. BURNING OPTIMISM.
[22:24:58] <~Charm> "Also…you four have deserved some vacation time. Miss Asami, I assume you
[22:25:10] <Lilo> Lilo frowns a bit; that issue definitely didn't settle with her well. It was gonna take either a heavy duty shopping trip or some really good food to get this out of her head.
[22:25:15] <~Charm> You'll want to return to see your parents, of course."
[22:26:06] <~Charm> "the rest of you…well, the world is waiting, and Miss Ingram can probably help get you wherever you want."
[22:26:10] <Noire> The smile on Noire's face struggles to stay there. But, she totally doesn't let go of the poor kid. Well, not-so-poor, because she still exists.
[22:26:53] <~Charm> "I'll need you all back in Geneva by November 9. How you spend the time between then and now is up to you."
[22:27:09] <Lilo> Nice to see Laura being volunteered. Lilo winks to Pillow.
[22:27:21] <Noire> "Gotcha, boss! … Oh, and…" Waiting politely for others to get what they have to say out of the way first, of course. But, after clearing her throat, she makes sure to speak to Jules as clearly as possible. "Can we talk later? I was curious about something."
[22:27:24] <Laura> Laura nods, her pacing somewhat slowed. "Alright. We'll head back home, then, if there's nothing else to be done here. Oh, um…I'd like to speak with you privately, Jules. Later on, if that's alright?"
[22:27:32] <Lecia> As for how Noire would react to wanting to take Noire WITH HER, who knows. But that's what she's thinking right now. And saying. "Yeah, I do….can I take Noire with me?"
[22:27:57] <~Charm> "Don't see why not."
[22:28:27] <Noire> … Pffhaha. Well, a little giggling keeps going. "Haha! Guess we all have our own agendas, huh? Go ahead, Laurie, I'll catch her later~" Instead of answering the other thing, she can only keep patting Lecia on the head. The bald head, apparently. Cute kid still.
[22:30:21] <Lecia> "Yay~" She didn't even ask about the other two. Huh. And it's more like the shower cap, but either way.
[22:30:35] <Noire> WHATEVER, LOLI-PATTING IS A SPORT.
[22:30:46] <~Charm> The woman nods as she leads Laura to another room. "what's on your mind?"
[22:30:49] <Lecia> Get a high score.
[22:31:11] <Noire> High score attained. Loire leads Lessy and runs off to see if she can catch Marian or something, just to pester the timid girl.
[22:32:10] <Laura> Laura swallows, trying to find where to begin. "I, um… first of all, let me say that this has nothing to do with how tonight's operation went. This has been on my mind a long time; I just need to say it now."
[22:32:27] <Lecia> Followed along, whoosh~
[22:32:41] <~Charm> "I won't hold it against you, then."
[22:33:51] <Laura> "Alright. Look, you've been a great boss, and working here has been better than pretty much any job I've had before. Better pay, too."
[22:34:13] <~Charm> "…but you're looking for a way out. Is that right?"
[22:35:08] <Laura> Laura nods. "I'm moving back to Kiev, and if there isn't a branch there, then I'm sorry but I won't be able to work for this organization any more. I need to be with my family."
[22:35:14] <~Charm> "It's understandable really. Despite what you have here, it isn't what you had. You want your old life back. If I were in your situation I'd want the same thing."
[22:36:42] <~Charm> "But…no one you knew would recognize you. Not former bosses, not friends. Not even your husband."
[22:37:36] <Laura> "I thought about that, and I've realized I'm okay with it. I don't need to be who I was to them; I just need to be part of that family."
[22:38:09] <~Charm> "…There might be one person, though…"
[22:39:02] <Laura> "Maybe Ted's found someone else by now, but… single dad, no steady job… who knows? And I already know he's got a weakness for dangerous blondes." She smiles nostalgically.
[22:39:57] <~Charm> "Yeah. Although I'm not so sure Annie would be willing to just call anyone else her mama. Mother and child share a powerful bond."
[22:40:33] <~Charm> "if there is a single person who would remember you from your old life…it would be your daughter."
[22:42:19] <~Charm> "…You know…I usually don't advocate things like this…but given the situation…there might be something I could do."
[22:42:39] <Laura> "Right. But it's fine with me, even if she never knows I'm her mother. I can raise her and drive her to school and tell her about boys and tuck her in at night just like amom should. I can be her mother, even if I'm the only one who knows it."
[22:43:16] <Laura> Laura blinks quickly: if there were tears there, they're gone now. "What is it?" she asks.
[22:44:18] <~Charm> "You said he had no steady work, no roots down in Kiev…and the Ukraine isn't exactly known for its booming job market."
[22:44:51] <~Charm> "Is it possible that he could be…persuaded into moving?"
[22:46:10] <~Charm> "Of the four of you, you are by far the most level headed, and quite frankly one of the best mages to come right out of the gate with no experience. I'm not sure I can afford to lose you."
[22:47:19] <Laura> "I… what? Could you do that?" Laura's hand goes to her mouth in surprise, then stays to rub her chin. "I suppose if you could manage it, I'd be willing to stay, but… just how are you gonig to convince him to go?"
[22:48:55] <~Charm> "That…is a bit of a secret. But trust me when I say that he won't be compelled, magically or otherwise, to accept. And hey, he fell for you once…right?"
[22:50:17] <~Charm> "You wouldn't be able to remind him of what you had before…but nothing is stopping you from making new memories."
[22:50:40] <Laura> Laura smiles. "He did. And while I'm a little rusty…" She flips her hair over her shoulder in that way that used to drive him crazy. "Oh yeah. Still got it." She winks.
[22:52:22] <~Charm> "Like I said before. No mother deserves to be ripped away from her child. And I need your talents here. So if bringing them here is what it takes to keep you, then it's what I'm willing to have done."
[22:53:34] <~Charm> "You don't need to make up your mind now though. You have some vacation time. Think about it, get a clear head, and let me know once you're sure, okay?"
[22:54:17] <Noire> "And then she was like, 'you can't eat all that pizza at once!' And then I totally… oh, are they still in there?" Outside the door to room #Whatever, there's a lot of muffled noise. Loli-patting noises included. Lecia probably has sores on her head from all this patting by now. "Should I, like, knock? I mean we could come back later…"
[22:55:16] <Laura> Laura nods. "Julie… thank you. That's twice I owe you more than I'm likely to repay." Laura smiles at the noise of Noire outside the door. "I'll think about it, hard. See you after vacation, boss."
[22:56:49] <~Charm> "Trust me, some debts aren't paid in money - they're paid in time and dedication. And let Miss Carolle in on your way out. Have a good week!"
[22:57:44] <Laura> As she leave, Laura waves Noire in. "You too, Jules!" she calls back over her shoulder.
[22:58:08] <Lecia> The sores feel like love. "…maybe they're talking about something important- oh, hi Laura~" Fun times.
[22:58:33] <~Charm> Julie nods as she adjusts her coat. "You said you needed to talk?"
[22:58:42] <Noire> "Are you SURE you don't want to go talk to the others or something? I mean, it's not something that's a secret from you in particular or anything, bu- ooh!" Given no other option but to bring the purplekid in with her thanks to her clinginess, Noire can only wave to Laura too. "Oh, thanksabunch! Have a great vacation n' stuff, 'kay?" Float, float, float… SLAM.
[22:58:52] <Noire> "Somethin' like that!"
[22:59:42] <~Charm> "Well then, ask away. There are no stupid questions - only stupid answers."
[22:59:45] <Noire> Noire pokes Lessy a couple times while hovering in. "Sorry, she wouldn't leave me alone… well, it's not a big deal since what I want to ask is only a secret from a couple people right now. Eheheh. Erm… it's about where you sent us the past week."
[23:00:25] <~Charm> "Miss Ingram informed me of her…incident. Did something else happen?"
[23:00:28] <Noire> Cough, cough. "Mary- I mean… you and that Marian girl are friends, right? So most of the reason it was there we got sent of all places was so we could see her again, right?"
[23:01:05] <Noire> Headshake, headshake. "Nah, she wouldn't tell us anything about that stuff. Neither of them would. It was a REAL pain to see the two of them going off on each other all the time, y'know."
[23:01:14] <Lecia> Snuggle.
[23:01:21] <Noire> Countersnuggle.
[23:01:53] <~Charm> "That…wasn't the intent. I wanted to make sure you four would be ready for tonight. Judging by your efforts, I'd say Ms. Andrews' time was well spent."
[23:02:21] <~Charm> "But yes, we're fairly well acquainted. Why?"
[23:02:49] <Noire> "Huhh, I coulda swore that was it." Her head tilts before shrugging. "Oh well! She's a really good kid, is all." Noire giggles a little before moving onto the next thing.
[23:03:18] <~Charm> "Indeed she is. Now then, was that all?"
[23:03:30] <Noire> "What I wanted to ask was some rumor I heard… one that scares me a bunch." Fidget, fidget. She looks down at Lessy a bit before sighing and looking back up.
[23:04:07] <~Charm> "oh?"
[23:04:32] <Noire> "Um… I don't really think it's more than a fairy tale, so I wouldn't really believe in it either, but…" Throat-clear. "Some kind of… something that can grant any wish? A gem, I think?" There's a tiny pause to let her take this in. "There's not something like that that really exists, is there?"
[23:05:45] <Lecia> Normally, there would be 'A wish?', but if it bugged her, she wouldn't do that. So, she simply sticks.
[23:06:16] <Noire> Well, the kid's concern is acknowledged, since her face shows everything. Obviously with all that descriptive text it's apparent that Lecia is one of THOSE kinds of people. So, another pat.
[23:06:51] <~Charm> "The shards of oblivion…" Julie muses. "The story goes that anyone who can collect thirteen 'oblivion seeds' would be granted their heart's greatest desire. Like most claims of a rules-free power, there is next to no evidence of it ever having existed."
[23:07:06] <Lecia> TRANSPARENCY. And happiness at every single pat.
[23:07:15] <~Charm> "While I can't say with certainty that they don't exist, I'd put it as highly unlikely."
[23:07:46] <Noire> A sigh, almost one of relief. "So… that means it's not the kind of thing somebody can find on accident, huh? And… it's probably a fairytale more than anything else."
[23:08:35] <~Charm> "Almost assuredly. Now, should you find something that you think might be one of these seeds, I'd be happy to examine and return it to you."
[23:10:02] <Noire> "Eheheh… then it's not the kind of thing anyone'd need to spend a vacation on. Well THAT'S a relief." Pat, pat. "I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any chance of something like that… um… you know, falling into the wrong hands and stuff! Ahahaha!" Shuffle shuffle. "And it'd be the sort of thing the Library would put on display if it found them, right?"
[23:11:07] <~Charm> "And as legend goes, the seeds are actually the souls of demons. If that's true then no. They'd probably be kept in our vault."
[23:12:10] <Noire> "… The fact that something like that even exists scared the crap out of me. That's all I needed to know!" Triumphantly, she points a thumb at her own enormous chest. "Leave it to me! I'll make sure they get locked up if they ARE real, 'kay?"
[23:12:27] <Noire> "… One more, though."
[23:12:39] <~Charm> "Yeah?"
[23:12:43] <Lecia> Huh, she seems excited about locking them up. But whatever. Snuggle.
[23:12:48] <Noire> Yet another throat-clear. "That fog… wasn't the same as the fog from… you know, last time, right?"
[23:13:14] <Noire> "It sure didn't smell like it. And if it wasn't… did nobody find out anything about that same fog appearing again while I was away?"
[23:13:28] <Noire> Pat, pat. "I still have a score to settle with whoever did it."
[23:14:01] <~Charm> "Oh…Miss Mallery told me about that. We'd have to run a full spectro-analysis to be sure, but my gut says that whoever caused the fog at Shire-by-Dover was also the perpetrator here."
[23:14:35] <Noire> Nod, nod. "Yeah, that's what I was thinkin', otherwise I wouldn't have enough to go on to be worth asking! Are they really SO good at hiding that nobody can find out anything other than 'it's fog?'"
[23:15:20] <Lecia> "Then whoever's doing this…well, they've got a lot to answer for, now!" Srs face…snuggle.
[23:15:21] <Noire> Yet another tiny cough. The spectro-analysis was what she'd requested a long time ago in the FIRST place.
[23:15:37] <Noire> Patpatpatpatpat. Ohgodsoadorable. "You bet~!"
[23:16:14] <~Charm> "So far, it's magical fog and the caster is extremely skilled. It covers a wide area of effect, has additional magical abilities inherent to the mist, and on top of that, it doesn't seem to require maintenance."
[23:16:45] <Noire> "So it DOESN'T just mess up people's bodies?"
[23:16:51] <~Charm> "We're on the lookout, in any case.
[23:17:18] <~Charm> "It seems to depend on the effects the caster adds to the mist when they summon it."
[23:17:31] <Noire> A pause, because that answer isn't good enough… but the only response for real is a shrug. "As long as everyone's doin' their best! I'll do mine too if I see anything. Thanks a bunch~"
[23:17:52] <Noire> "You didn't need anything from the boss while we're here, right, Lessy?"
[23:19:32] <Lecia> "Nothing but arrangements to go see Mom and Dad with you~" She does have to know when she's going around and [s]sentencing her parents to death[/s] all. And she's still serious about that.
[23:20:02] <~Charm> "You're welcome. Good night, ladies." as Noire leaves. Julie sighs as she digs out a piece of paper and a pen.
[23:20:39] <Noire> "Hehe~ Are you sure I'M the one you want to go with?" Once they're outside, Noire continues talking to the robokid. Obviously she waved Julie off. "Erm, I mean, I'm not doing anything else, but…"
[23:20:39] <~Charm> She hates writing these. But it's a necessary evil, and it's probably best to at least have closure.
[23:22:04] <Lecia> "I'm sure~" She's sure. This is for the worst? Yes. Does she know that it is? Not a single bit. She was crazy while transformed, but that doesn't mean much of anything.
[23:22:24] <Noire> LITTLE DID LECIA KNOW…
[23:22:32] <~Charm> "Dear Mr. And Mrs. Madlenti, it is my regret to inform you that your daughter, Diane Madlenti, passed away due to a rabid animal attack." Julie looks at it, the scribbles it out and starts again.
[23:22:46] <~Charm> This was gonna be a long night.