The Library: Session #8

Back to The Library

[http://pastebin.com/7wf8EMC0]
[17:58:50] <~Charm> October 23, 2054 || The Library, San Diego Branch, Situation Room || 12:34 PM PDT
[18:00:15] <~Charm> Mia called the three of you to the situation room once you woke up. Curiously, Laura didn't get an invite. And Noire is sore, despite having taken liberal amounts of every pain killing drug on the market that wouldn't explode when combined.
[18:01:09] <Noire> Nore is soire. Just kidding, that isn't funny at all. Floating only one inch off the ground into the room isn't funny either. In fact, nothing's funny with how drained she is at the moment, leading to an immediate plop down onto the nearest chair or whatnot.
[18:04:08] <Lilo> Lilo, for one, appears to be fine. Her headphones get slipped off (by herself, for once) so that she can actually hear the important bits.
[18:04:20] <~Charm> The chairs are even the spinny ones with rollers on them. If she wasn't so exhausted and in pain, she'd probably have lots of fun.
[18:05:07] <Noire> But plopping down provided an instead uncomfortable spinning session, which couldn't even be magically stopped at the moment. So after that she'd slam her head on the table and groan. Noshades.
[18:05:51] <~Charm> Mia doesn't look appreciably better, but that can likely be explained by the dark circles under her eyes. Seems insomnia is a defining trait of Library managers. "Thanks for taking the time to check in. Figure that I oughtta tell you why you came in, it wasn't just for sightseeing."
[18:06:31] <~Charm> "What do you girls know about Arkham, Massachusetts?"
[18:07:23] <Noire> "Nnnnrrrrnnnggg." Rolling to the side is also part of that grumbling, but it's probably not a very good answer. At least both of Noire's multicolored eyes are staring at the icebitch now.
[18:07:28] <Lecia> And Lecia did wake up, and went down there after dressing up - gods, these wings still haven't gone off? They haven't flapped as much…feel like they're about to fall off. Still, there Lecia is, looking at Noire with some concern but ultimately better off than she was earlier. And judged by the look on her face…nothing. Cue head tilt.
[18:09:17] <Lilo> "Arkham? Never heard of it, but I think Massachusetts is an American state or something like that."
[18:09:20] <Noire> Something's definitely wrong else Lessy would've been given a massive hug by now. Relying on Lilo to be the voice is a very, very bad idea, but it seems to be the only option they have at this point.
[18:12:45] <Noire> "Wasn't therrrrrrrrre…" Noire's cranium desperately tries to lift itself from its table-spot. "Something like… something… that, you know, happened there?" It fails, of course, slamming straight back down with a THUD that provokes a little wince. How bad her headache is by now is something that can only be left up to the imagination. You know, considering it's paired with other things. "Like… witches?" Straws. Grasping for straws. It's apparent that there are going to be problems by the fact that everything in the room isn't floating and dancing around alone.
[18:15:41] <~Charm> "Well…yeah, actually. It was founded in the early 18th century as a Mage-exclusive reservation - the first in North America, in fact. The Salem Witch Trials kind of had people on edge.
[18:16:06] <~Charm> "I'm glad Julie keeps you girls up on history."
[18:17:10] <Lecia> They totally knew that. Totally. Stop looking completely confused, Lecia.
[18:17:28] <Noire> SLAM. "So we're going there neeeext? And where's Laaaaaaurie?" You know, it's fun to think that that nickname had never been spoken once this whole time, despite having been in place for a while. Well, rather, it'd been offscreened.
[18:17:59] <~Charm> "Yeah…and Miss Ingram and I had a…how should I put it."
[18:18:22] <~Charm> "a falling out, I suppose. You want more information, ask her."
[18:18:26] <Noire> Blink. Blink blink. This time there was a successful lifting. "Lover's quarrel?"
[18:18:51] <Lilo> Lilo laughs, "Yeah, I'll need my Pillow for the flight. Wait, you had a what now? Is THAT why you wouldn't let us see her before?"
[18:19:16] <Noire> A faint smile comes on. "That doesn't sound like her at all…" So why the smile? Nothing really makes sense at this time of the month. Slam.
[18:19:30] <Lecia> Lover's quarrel? …Is Laura not going out because…she's in love with Mia…or something? …Adults are hard to understand. Doesn't sound right, but who knows…
[18:19:48] <~Charm> "In any case, you four will be heading to Arkham because for the past two hundred years or so, Dunno if anyone kept count, but the town has been claimed by the undead."
[18:20:10] <Noire> "Awww, that's just silly."
[18:20:14] <~Charm> All questions about Laura or her condition are simply ignored.
[18:24:57] <~Charm> "About this time of year we have all the Libraries except for one or two go and thin the herd so they don't cause too much more chaos. That's why you four went through a little quick training crash course."
[18:25:35] <Lecia> "…I did? That was training?"
[18:26:22] <Lilo> "Why don't they just clear the place out, then?"
[18:26:34] <Noire> "Ughhh… We're going today? Really?"
[18:42:46] <~Charm> "The staging area is the New York branch - you'll be leaving tomorrow to go through a few drills. It's a thing that just happens every year, no big deal."
[18:43:43] <Lilo> "If we get bitten, will we turn into zombies?"
[18:43:46] <Noire> "Tomorrow? Not today?" The blonde makes an attempt to pep up, but is shot down by extraordinary pain.
[18:44:38] <Noire> "Maaaan. Using magic really is a lotta work, huh?" At that point she'd go back to groaning and staying generally still with her head on the table.
[18:44:55] <Lecia> …Noire isn't being Noire…she'll totally get better though. She's Noire, she can do that. Totally.
[18:45:16] <~Charm> "yeah. I just wanted to let you know and ask questions if you had them."
[18:46:13] <Noire> "Wellll, you know our question, if you said 'four' of us. She's in her room, right?"
[18:46:50] <Lilo> Lilo sighs irritatedly, "I just asked you a question."
[18:46:58] <~Charm> "Yeah, she is. And the thing about zombie bites…if untreated and you die from it, you'll turn."
[18:47:43] <~Charm> "But we do know how to treat them, and most of you will be attacking from range anyway."
[18:47:55] <Lilo> "What if it's treated and we die from it? How likely are we to die if we're bitten? And how long would we have to do something about it?"
[18:49:03] <~Charm> Mia thinks. "if it's treated right you'll survive it. If you do get bitten you have about…oh i don't know, maybe half an hour before we'd have to amputate?"
[18:49:04] <Noire> "Waiiiiiit." Noire tries to be sharp at the kids, or Lilo at least, but it doesn't go well since it sounds like a mutter. Still, the rest continues, "Why would we die from something like that? Do they have anti-magic fields?"
[18:50:54] <Lilo> "Because if they're still there after hundreds of years, they must be stroh my god, a-amputate?" Lilo rubs her arms nervously, "Maybe I'll stay behind."
[18:50:59] <Lecia> "Super-zombies?" You never know.
[18:51:37] <Noire> A little giggle. Really, she's going off the amputating part, but tries to sound vague. "That doesn't sound like it'd be SO hard~"
[18:53:03] <~Charm> "it's just…well, you can't kill them. Undead are kinda like that. Something about the alignment of Pluto and other cosmic bullshit makes them pop up. We blow their brains out and wait till next year."
[18:53:40] <Lecia> "If they can't shoot out their teeth, we should be fine if we keep away, right?"
[18:54:10] <Noire> "Couldn't we…" Another wince. "Just turn them into dust and scatter the pieces… or… something? I can probably do that…"
[18:55:47] <Lilo> "But, I like my limbs! What kind of fool would go on a training exercise that might involve amputation?"
[18:56:36] <~Charm> "And like I said - we've been doing this for a long time. You'll be getting more specifics but if you can't get a bite treated in 30 minutes, chances are we're all doomed." Noire's question is met with a nod.
[18:57:21] <~Charm> "your time here was training for the 31st. So you'll be able to not lose an arm."
[18:57:48] <Lecia> Lecia is that kind of fool. Just sit on a platform, shouldn't be able to bite unless they have super jumping skills. Hell, would the zombies be able to fight back? …COULD they shoot out their teeth? Scary thought. …especially considering her training was garbage. The worst garbage.
[18:58:13] <Noire> "Yeah… we shouldn't need to think that far ahead." I'll take care of that, the heterochromiac mutters in her lowest whisper with an unintentional tiny grin. "And… it's not like you've lost any to them before, right?"
[18:58:36] <Lilo> Lilo reflects on having quite literally walked up and pushed over a dummy as her "training." She doesn't quite seem convinced.
[18:59:07] <~Charm> "…" Mia looks down. "we tend to lose about five or six a year. But that's out of two or three thousand. So it's highly unlikely…but yes, it sadly does happen."
[18:59:27] <Noire> "… So there really are super-zombies."
[19:00:40] <~Charm> "Not really - they can't use magic after turning. And it's not like you will be alone out there."
[19:00:59] <Lilo> "But they got bitten and untreated in the first place to become one!"
[19:02:19] <Lecia> Oh boy. Perhaps there are super-zombies. Maybe they can't use magic, but they can still be super-zombies. Still…it's not like Lecia is gonna COMPLAIN about her job. WORKING HARD, NO MATTER WHAT.
[19:02:30] <Noire> "Stoooop it." Even Noire gets snappy after enough of this. "If it's that big of a deal, I'll make sure to take care of whoever that happens to if it does." Roll, roll. "And if it gets that far they'll be missing more than limbs."
[19:03:56] <~Charm> "that's the kind of attitude I like to see. You ought to be attacking from a range that they can't touch - aerial magic users are tue primary attacking squads."
[19:05:05] <Lilo> But if they all fly how the fuck do zombies get them? Lilo shuts up, but still envisions all sorts of megazombies, airborne and otherwise dangerous.
[19:07:48] <~Charm> "Trust me when I say that as long as you keep to your orders and don't get scared, you'll all make it back unharmed."
[19:09:23] * Noire (ten.letyrutnec.nyd.4802265A-xus|eertnaiG#ten.letyrutnec.nyd.4802265A-xus|eertnaiG) Quit (Ping timeout)
[19:09:29] * Giantree is now known as Noire
[19:09:31] <Noire> A hand raises, barely able to even sustain its own altitude. "So… that's, ugh, all for today, right?" By this time, it really is just time for a long nap.
[19:10:12] <~Charm> "Yeah. If you want to just sleep the rest of the day off, feel free. If you wanna talk or anything, you all know where to find me."
[19:10:27] * Firespitter (PI.00E02F14.CC2210AA.75A745A2|ettipseriF#PI.00E02F14.CC2210AA.75A745A2|ettipseriF) has joined #TheLibrary
[19:11:39] <Noire> "Gotcha… thanks." With a pained yawn, Noire leans back in her chair and falls out of it as it prevents itself from faling over backward like it should, stamping back down on the ground with a silly noise. And she herself takes a nap in the air while getting carried out… a little shakily, though, it seems like she'll drop herself any second.
[19:12:27] <~Charm> "…Could one of you help me lay her down?"
[19:13:00] <Noire> "I can maaaake it…" Not literally 'takes a nap,' but she sure looks like it with eyes closed and everything. She's actually floating outside of the room.
[19:13:44] <Lecia> …you know, a zombie probably couldn't bite her through a giant robot. …still, there's nowhere to actually build one. Le sigh. ONE DAY. Until then, it LOOKS like Noire's gonna make it…she hopes.
[19:15:08] <Lilo> Lilo shakes her head and walks off. She's got anti-zombie planning to do. What to do with sound to really fuck some undead up?
[19:15:21] <Noire> "Good luck toniiiiight~" It's a pretty lazy float back to her room. But, a few minutes later there's… some kind of ringtone or something. Text messages totally still exist in the 2050s, right? Well, then again you'd expect telepathy-phones to exist by then.
[19:18:08] <Lecia> Well…yeah, she could do with a small rest. To her room for a- oooh, ring ring ring ring, ring ring ring ring, riiiiiiiing, ring ring - what does this say?
[19:19:04] <Noire> Some kinda vaguely-worded "Doing anything tomorrow?" message. Did you know Noire's texts are riddled with unnecessary emoticons and maybe even spliced words from other languages and that sort of thing for no reason? Yeah, she's one of those.
[19:23:10] <Lecia> Oh lordy. Still, Lecia can parse it. She's gone to a bunch of message boards, she can parse a lot of stuff. Her response is a 'no, nothing different than usual' sort of thing, paired with a 'have anything in mind~?' sort of thing. She types normally, somehow…well, except for the tildes. There's a lot of those.
[19:23:43] <~Charm> "Something on your mind, Miss Devereux? Aside from the obvious, I mean."
[19:25:54] <Noire> Supersuper vague. All the response says is "Fortuna." with a ;) or something at the end- so the idea behind that could either be some intentionally vague message or… you know, something else. With Noire of all people one would probably learn to stop asking questions, because now she knows to barge into the little girl's room tomorrow. Great going.
[19:29:08] <Lilo> Lilo shrugs, "Nothing relevant. I'll be ready when the time comes."
[19:29:39] <~Charm> "Fair enough. If you want to try another go
[19:29:51] <~Charm> Then you know where to be, right?"
[19:30:25] <Lecia> …Oook? OK. Totally a surprise. And so it's replied with an 'OK~(?)' sort of thing, indicating being confused yet knowing it's because it's gonna be a surprise or something. Until then, brainstorming. If she WERE to make a giant robot, what would it look like? Weapons? Armor? Potential shielding? Whoosh, brainstorming.
[19:30:31] <Lilo> "I don't think dodging baseballs carries over to dodging teeth very well."
[19:31:02] <Noire> If she made a giant robot it'd need GIANT LASERS. But that's just the telepathyphone talking. I mean come on those totally exist don't give me that.
[19:31:12] <~Charm> "Good point. How about dodging ice spears?"
[19:32:13] <Lilo> "That's the same idea, it just hurts more!"
[19:33:05] <~Charm> "Only if you assume that I'd stay still and let you hit me. Although that's pretty much what zombies will do."
[19:33:28] <Lecia> Well of COURSE it needs giant lasers. But the question is, how giant? If the shielding is energy shielding, using too much energy would make the shielding worse, and a properly defended robot won't need lots of repairing. Using great shielding is what makes a lot of those bosses so…so hard? To decimate. Quickly.
[19:33:52] <Lilo> "Zombies have spears?"
[19:34:45] <~Charm> "No. But they're just gonna stand and shambles towards you without any concept of evasion and self-defense."
[19:35:57] <Lilo> "Then how in the world do you lose multiple people per year?"
[19:36:46] <~Charm> "most of the time they get isolated from their group, or don't retreat to get healed after taking a bite."
[19:37:11] <~Charm> "Like I said, if you do what you're told and stay together, youll come out roses."
[19:38:22] <Lilo> Sigh. "Fine, but if I turn into a zombie, I'm biting you first, and if I lose my arm, I'm beating you with it."
[19:39:12] <~Charm> "I'd expect nothing less." Mia smirks. "But if you want a true combat, I'm willing to show you what I can do."
[19:39:39] <~Charm> "Do not expect me to hold back though."
[19:43:03] <Lilo> "We'll see. I think I'm gonna go check on Pillow." Lilo walks off in the direction of Laura's room.
[19:45:20] <~Charm> "Suit yourself. Offer stands if you want."
[19:45:54] <Lecia> …training…training…you know, she never did actually get training. That…that didn't count. She totally had better training, right? Right? Curiousity drove her out of her room, in Mia's direction. Maybe she could actually train this time. And not fail. Really badly.
[19:47:12] <~Charm> Mia starts walking through the dorms, nodding at the few mages that pass. Lecia notes they're even younger than her, for the most part.
[19:47:25] <Noire> Lines obviously got a few of those too, but they were less meaningful stuff and more just planning to go out and get some deep dish as a group or something, a few days into the future. But, Noire would spend the entire 23rd being in extreme pain, fortunately to herself. Well, unless somebody actually came into her room.
[19:49:16] <Lecia> Huh. …Where do they get all these people, anyway? …Sort of like how they got her. Totally. …Thousands, huh? That's…wow, how much people are magical girls anyway? If any look at her, they get a wave.
[19:50:36] <~Charm> Well there certainly aren't thousands here. Maybe not even hundreds. But her presense draws enough attention to get Mia to turn around "something I can do for you Lecia?"
[19:54:10] <Lecia> Then…there must be a lot of places in the world. Of course there is. They must literally be everywhere…magical girls…maybe someone she knows on the internet might be one? Who knows…in any case, it's training time. "I never did get real training because I messed up, so I figure I'd try again~" Wings still attached and everything.
[19:55:08] <~Charm> "…Are you sure you can keep things under control?"
[19:56:03] <Lecia> A nod. "Yeah~!" That vigor and spirit didn't say much for her. Hell, the wings are still attached. They'll probably fall off soon, but not yet.
[19:58:23] <~Charm> "Okay. Let's start." Mia leads the robotic Mage to the padded gymnasium. "do you want to face more stationary targets, or do you want more a challenge?" she cracks her knuckles.
[20:00:45] <Lecia> That vigor would accept nothing else but hard mode, and it showed even on the walk to the gym. …she shouldn't do completely badly - even though she has 3 Magic OC right now, she can still totally do this. "A challenge!" She certainly seems ready.
[20:04:14] <~Charm> "Very well. Go ahead and get ready, then." Mia steps back and transforms, a white gown flows over her form as she waits, snow falling from the ceiling for a moment.
[20:08:19] <Lecia> A nod. She is so very ready, stepping back herself and tranformloading into…LECIA-OMEGA, liking the sound of that. Basically, she transforms into the usual purple mecha armor Lecia she is. "Ready anytime!" If there's any machines in here, she might be able to hear them too. They're probably words of encouragement, and will be assumed to be that unless told otherwise.
[20:10:46] <~Charm> "Go ahead then." Mia stands there, expecting take a blow.
[20:12:04] <Lecia> 2d6+10 BLOW AWAY IN A SKYWARD DIRECTION (10/6/3 if you need that)
[20:12:04] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, BLOW AWAY IN A SKYWARD DIRECTION (10/6/3 if you need that): 19 [2d6=3,6]
[20:12:10] <Lecia> 1d6 Oh look
[20:12:11] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, Oh look: 1 [1d6=1]
[20:12:31] <@Charm> 2d6+9 defense, not clashing.
[20:12:31] <DiceMaid-9001> Charm, defense, not clashing.: 15 [2d6=4,2]
[20:12:42] <@Charm> Okay, she takes the hit.
[20:13:39] <Lecia> 1d6+5+2 Like this right
[20:13:39] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, Like this right: 8 [1d6=1]
[20:13:29] <Lecia> "OK, warming up!" And thus, she shot a fancy purple beam, made from a blue and red beam, in Mia's direction.
[20:16:09] <~Charm> The beam slams into the cryomancer, forcing her to stagger back and cough. "That was pretty good, actually."
[20:16:26] <@Charm> 2d6+12 Mia's attack
[20:16:27] <DiceMaid-9001> Charm, Mia's attack: 15 [2d6=2,1]
[20:18:12] <Lecia> "Hm…didn't put a lot of oomph into it." A smile, she was being completely honest there…well, sort of. SHE didn't put the effort, the magic did some of that. But hey, it's totally sort of true.
[20:19:31] <Lecia> 2d6+6 And then I rolled dual 6's and became Unstableman.EXE
[20:19:31] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, And then I rolled dual 6's and became Unstableman.EXE: 16 [2d6=4,6]
[20:19:46] <Lecia> 1d6 not dual 6's, huh
[20:19:46] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, not dual 6's, huh: 4 [1d6=4]
[20:21:06] <~Charm> "but that you can do that much without too much effort. Now then…" freezing air covers the area as a few icy daggers swarm towards the robot girl.
[20:24:16] <Lecia> Icy daggers? The problem with these…is that they're solid. The ones that she doesn't outright get in the way of are slashed away with her weapon (precision training? it's a knife today). "Not good enough~"
[20:25:16] <Lecia> 2d6+10 Clashing is for losers
[20:25:17] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, Clashing is for losers: 18 [2d6=3,5]
[20:25:56] <Lecia> (go on, clash that, make me feel silly)
[20:25:56] <@Charm> 3d6+9 defense
[20:25:57] <DiceMaid-9001> Charm, defense: 22 [3d6=5,4,4]
[20:26:54] <Lecia> And then she tries the same thing she did before. BEAM!
[20:27:33] <~Charm> This time she's ready to dodge the blast although Lecia can sense an additional burst of magic from Mia as she dodges.
[20:28:45] <Lecia> "Aw, I got that one right!" Hum…what she did there…maybe she should try it?
[20:30:00] <~Charm> "You did pretty well, actually. Had I not used a little extra magic that would have hit."
[20:30:43] <@Charm> 2d6+12
[20:30:44] <DiceMaid-9001> Charm, 2d6+12: 20 [2d6=5,3]
[20:30:54] <Lecia> She IS doing well. After all, that beam was the most perfect of perfects. She had to give the oomph to dodge! "Thanks!"
[20:38:38] <~Charm> Of course, that isn't enough to stop Mia from shoving several snowflake shaped throwing stars punch through her armor.
[20:41:22] <Lecia> And through her armor, they go. PUNCHING through. Like fist shaped snowflake shaped throwing stars. A small grunt, but she's still hanging in there. "Not done yet!"
[20:42:57] <Lecia> 3d6+6 and putting an OC into the attack because I can
[20:42:57] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, and putting an OC into the attack because I can: 17 [3d6=4,6,1]
[20:43:14] <Lecia> 1d6 Come on not 6
[20:43:15] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, Come on not 6: 4 [1d6=4]
[20:44:50] <@Charm> 2d6+9
[20:44:51] <DiceMaid-9001> Charm, 2d6+9: 20 [2d6=5,6]
[20:44:57] <@Charm> 1d6
[20:44:58] <DiceMaid-9001> Charm, 1d6: 4 [1d6=4]
[20:46:09] <Lecia> And she…isn't. She goes to shoot the same beam once again, but it seems a bit different. This time, it sharply curves!
[20:46:38] <Lecia> In a way that makes it a bit harder to dodge, of course. Meaning, not the wrong way.
[20:47:58] <~Charm> It is a bit harder to dodge, but Mia manages to do so anyway.
[20:48:56] <Lecia> But of course. She was SURE she had that one. She put a great deal of effort into firing it, because she's saving things for her defensive tactics this time around.
[20:49:22] <Lecia> That said, it's a matter of getting that one down. Get that barrier right…
[20:50:20] <~Charm> "You're doing well. And your control is pretty solid." Mia smiles as another flurry of ice daggers swarms at her
[20:50:26] <@Charm> 2d6+12
[20:50:26] <DiceMaid-9001> Charm, 2d6+12: 19 [2d6=3,4]
[20:52:22] <Lecia> 3d6+10 Should be fine, she says
[20:52:23] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, Should be fine, she says: 19 [3d6=2,4,3]
[20:52:28] <Lecia> so what happens now
[20:52:40] <@Charm> We each roll 1d6, high roll wins
[20:52:46] <@Charm> 1d6 like so
[20:52:47] <DiceMaid-9001> Charm, like so: 1 [1d6=1]
[20:52:58] <Lecia> 1d6 THIS CAN'T POSSIBLY GO WRONG
[20:52:58] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, THIS CAN'T POSSIBLY GO WRONG: 6 [1d6=6]
[20:56:00] <Lecia> This time, they aren't all swatted away. Instead she uses her magic for defense, and a blue, glowing ENergy shield surrounds her! The daggers try pretty hard to get through, and perhaps some managed to GET through, but not enough to actually hit her. Once the assault stops, the barrier goes down, dropping the stuck daggers on the ground. "Whew…you're really good!"
[20:57:38] <~Charm> "How are you feeling?" Mia stops to see what the situation is.
[20:59:56] <Lecia> "F-fine!" Fine? If 5 OC in one stat and 3 in another is any indications, she's not that fine at all. "Kinda fine." Can't completely be a liar. But of course, thanks to a platform of the highest quality, she's not exactly 'kinda fine'. Oh well.
[21:02:24] <Lecia> By the way, that platform is still in her room. Can't let such a high quality platform go to waste.
[21:03:14] <~Charm> "Yeah…I thought so. I think we've done enough here. You're doing everything right."
[21:07:34] <Lecia> Instead of doing everything wrong. Mission accomplished, psyche redeemed! …apart from the 5 OC. And she can totally take this off when no one is watching. "…OK! I guess I don't gotta beat you all the way up, then~" Because why would she do that anyway? That's why she wanted to stop. Totally.
[21:09:20] <~Charm> "Make sure you clear up any lingering magic before heading out tomorrow okay?" Mia detransforms and sits down on a bench.
[21:11:21] <Lecia> Ah, no, she totally knew. …Well, can't have everything. Still a mission accomplished. "Got it!" And with a detransformation, followed by a "Thanks for the training!" and a nod, it was off to her completely featureless room to bleed out the lingering magic that she knew was there.
[21:13:08] <Noire> "Nnnnnrg." Outside of said featureless room is a familiar face who really doesn't LOOK like she should be in the halls… well, floating along the hallf with half-closed eyes. Or half-open if you're an optimist.
[21:19:27] <Lecia> …Gotta bleed out the magic, yep. When she gets in. Which she does seem like she's in a hurry to do so, but she's NOT about to NOT say "Hi Noire~" as she goes in her own room.
[21:21:09] <Noire> "Nnf!" Well, that's enough of a distraction that she smacks into a wall and just stays in place instead of falling over. By the time she'd try to turn around and wave or something the kid's already inside… provoking a giggle. But then a mutter of "Wait, where was I going?" as if assuming people are watching. Getting caught in the act? No, no, no. Also retreating. Fortunately their rooms are close-by.
[21:22:02] <Lecia> Definitely inside. Now, just getting rid of all this shouldn't be a problem…
[21:29:35] <Lecia> And…and……ow. This hurts a bit. Her eyes…owowowowowowowow! Feels like they're burning, but it eventually subsides. She doesn't notice anything radically physically different, like the wi-…they're…just, lying on the ground now. That's…You know what she needs? A mirror. After all, she can't see how her own eyes look. That just doesn't work. And the platform isn't that shiny,
[21:29:35] <Lecia> it's too busy being comfy to be shiny. So…who has a mirror? Where is a mirror? Not here. So, Lecia goes in search of a mirror, or at least a familiar face.
[21:30:45] <Noire> A familiar face is totally in the process of opening her own door and just floating in place staring at the empty room, next door. That's what happens when you're having a day like this one.
[21:37:49] <Lecia> …though she doesn't WANT to interrupt Noire, a small look reveals she's…not doing anything that's worth interrupting. She'd probably enjoy the interruption, she was so adorable when it came to the (recently fallen off) wings. And with her feeling miserable (she'd have to be somewhat miserable to not act like Noire), this might totally cheer her up something. So, why not just go to her
[21:37:49] <Lecia> and make an adorable attempt to get her attention. "Noire!" And when she turns around, it's followed with intentionally wide-open eyes. "Do my eyes look weird?" And they should, for they're red and blue instead of the usual purple. Of course, weird shouldn't have been the right word, but…oops.
[21:41:53] <Noire> Definitely not, because what stares back are a couple of eyelids… oh, nope, there they go, after a few seconds of staring and mumbling they open to reveal a brown and purple one. And some more grumbling before all of a sudden they FLING open and one of her hands reaches to a side but then twitches itself before stopping. "Wha-" That's before the twitching, obviously. But this is a SRS look she gets back, as even the floating stops. And the floating never stops. Twitch, twitch. "… L-Lessy, you didn't, did you….?" Paired with that is a wince that seems like it comes from elsewhere.
[21:48:31] <Lecia> Oops. Are her eyes like…red eyes of insanity? That'd be…very bad. …no, they aren't. But it doesn't stop her from thinking that could be a possibility. She certainly didn't sign up with a demon cult for more power or anything. In any case, ohgodwhat'sgoingon. "I-I didn't what? All I did was get rid of some excess magic, that's all!" Oh god please don't do anything weird, eyes.
[21:51:04] <Noire> "Seeeeriously?" Though obviously pained, Noire's face moves itself dangerously close, glaring the little girl down. "You're… not lying to me? There wasn't anything besides that that happened?" … A long pause, if you can really say that's not expected. And you can't, because you definitely expected it. After that pause, she'd reach over somewhere with the OTHER hand and pull out a familiar black object. A pair of shades, actually. And they'd be held out as such. "Put these on. Don't take 'em off even if someone asks you to, 'kay? Unless you're alone."
[21:53:16] <Noire> And after that, little Lecia gets a pat on one shoulder with a smile that barely looks like it's there at all. Probably because Noire herself looks like she's struggling against something stronger than she can handle to not just scream out in pain right now. And being nothing but narration over here, it can be confirmed that she definitely is. "You got what I said earlier, right? Come see me tomorrow. I feel like…" Suddenly on her face is a grimace which probably said enough. More than enough.
[21:57:45] <Lecia> Scary-Noire. "N-not lying! Only that!" And then silence. Agonizing silence. And then shades, which are put on in a hurry with a fearful nod. And then the pat, which was greeted with a small shudder, perhaps due to the very faint smile being very faint and the painful expression. "Y-yeah, I'll see you tomorrow!" It's totally because of the eyes, and with that mindset, away she goes in a
[21:57:45] <Lecia> hurry, wearing shades, confused, back in her room.
[21:58:42] <Noire> "… Right, that's what I feel like." SLAM. Well, they'd meet tomorrow, probably. But now is the time to feel shitty- TOMORROW is the time to do things. Right? Right. Right!