The Library: Session #4

[Back to The Library]

Session #4
[17:00:11] <~Charm> September 12, 2054 || Hôtel Olympique, Geneva, Switzerland || 8:24 GMT+1
[17:01:37] <~Charm> It's dinner time on the night of the full moon, so clearly Noire is paying for their meals. She's brought her room mate as well as her current Bestie, for an evening of pizza and adventure.
[17:02:07] <Noire> Now, hold hold hold here, who's to say they're not BOTH her besties? … But carry on.
[17:02:54] <~Charm> Oh yeah, Laura totally is there as well.
[17:04:03] <Lecia> Clearly. This said, pizza and adventure are both awesome things. Woo~
[17:05:13] <Noire> Pizza~ Right, loud OMNOMNOMing on one side while the narration narrates. This is just how they do their life.
[17:06:38] <Lecia> And only slightly quieter OMNOMNOMing on the other. After all, awesome pizza. And Noire totally has that charm from earlier.
[17:07:00] <Noire> Ha, ha. Charm. It's funny because that's the name of the- … Nevermind. Onward!
[17:09:33] <Lilo> Pizza, huh? Lilo's definitely going to enjoy that. Now that you mention it, italian food in general's pretty good. Maybe Lilo could convince Laura to go to Italy with her or something next time they went on a trip.
[17:11:08] <Laura> Laura could probably be convinced. She's digging into her pizza with gusto. "Sho gals, wot's the plan tonigh?" she manages around a mouthful of pepperoni.
[17:12:51] <~Charm> "Hey guys, hate to cut the party short, but we got a major problem." A long-haired brunette spoke up from behind Lecia.
[17:12:52] <Noire> "Tonight, we feaaaaast~!" Omnomnomnomnom. Noire seems like she's enjoying herself ridiculous amounts more than the usual, and that's saying a lot. And did she force any of the others into dressup again? … No, probably not. Still, little Lecia was encouraged to keep the sample from the other day since the moon-mage made it clear she'd grown out of that one. And a look at her would make it clear that yeah, she did. In one place.
[17:13:27] <Lecia> Lecia turns. Who is?
[17:15:53] <Laura> "Aww, wot?" Laura gulps down the mouthful and wipes the back of her wrist across her lips to get the grease off.
[17:16:39] <Noire> A nodalong to that. "Aww man, can't we just-" Her hands clap together after finishing a slice. "Hey, why not just join us instead?"
[17:16:41] <~Charm> It's a girl who seems to be approximately a year or two younger than her, blue eyes framed by her brown bangs. No glasses, though. "Julie said the four of you had an assignment. That's all I know."
[17:17:12] <Lilo> Lilo wipes off on a napkin like a civilized individual before turning to whoever interrupted the feast, "Well, okay. Is Julie back at the bookstore?"
[17:17:53] <~Charm> "Yeah, and she is NOT in a good mood. Tread carefully."
[17:18:36] <Noire> A pout. "Boooo. Okay, we'll show up." A spark lights in her eye, motioning to the giant box. "But…~"
[17:23:59] <~Charm> "Make it shrink again and take it with if you think it'll be handy. I just know she wants you all there tout fucking suite."
[17:24:29] <Lecia> "She's in a bad mood? It's probably really serious…" Awww, less pizza and no adventure - that's not work, anyway.
[17:25:23] <Noire> So totally out of context. This kid's no fun. That, and they can totally ride the thing anyway, ONE of them besides the two apparent Michaelangeloes probably brought it along because it's just too fun. Noire stops trying to feed the loli and gives an understanding nod, though. "Right, right. We'll get theeeere."
[17:25:46] <Lilo> On a certain shopping trip, Lilo had spent quite a lump-sum of cash on stylish new clothes. She doesn't particularly mind the idea of doing so again, either, so the frerman's eager to get to work, for once. "Alright! Let's go get paid, everyone."
[17:26:19] <Laura> "Right, we're on it." Laura stands up. "And watch your mouth. What're you, like 12?"
[17:26:53] <~Charm> "Yeah, so?"
[17:27:39] <Lecia> And after a few more bites…and a few more bites, Lecia stands, ready to go. Serious business time…
[17:27:43] <Noire> An obnoxious giggle. "You're just too cute. Here, have some of this." A big slice gets crammed into the kid's personal space as if a gift of thanks. This is Noire after all.
[17:28:00] <Laura> Laura sighs. "I thought the attitude problems didn't kick in until you're a teenager. Seriously, kids these days. Lead the way, kid."
[17:29:19] <~Charm> Nodding, despite having a slice of pie shoved down her throat, she leads you to the Library at a pretty brisk pace. Julie is waiting just inside, a Mage Gate shimmering behind the counter.
[17:30:29] <Laura> Laura approaches and gives Julie a nod. "Alright. What's up, boss?"
[17:32:09] <Lilo> Lilo follows shortly behind, "Yeah, is this one of those MAJOR-major problems or a minor-major problem?"
[17:32:23] <Noire> Though reluctant, Noire shows in her usual after finishing the group's meal. Metabolism is an amazing thing, isn't it? I mean, normally one would think it wouldn't even be possible to FIT in that thing after all that. But she certainly manages, and terrifyingly so is ridiculously hyper even in comparison TO how she usually is. "Okay~! What we got today?" Better not be giant monsters.
[17:32:42] <~Charm> "Trouble. And apparently a lot of it." She has a map of Serbia laid out on the counter. "According to reports, over thirty people have disappeared from this area in the Black Mountains of Montenegro. It looks like it could be like a Bermuda Triangle in there."
[17:34:21] <~Charm> "Something is trapping these people in a dimensional shift and, if my intuition is right, mowing them down as it pleases. Your job is to locate and destroy whatever is causing all the chaos.
[17:35:23] <Lecia> "…so we're probably gonna have to wreck something." She is totally prepared for this.
[17:36:04] <Noire> "A berm- aw crap, that doesn't sound good." A long, pouty sigh. "Well, I guess this kinda stuff's what we're here for, huh?"
[17:36:17] <Lilo> "Huh, getting trapped in some monster or evil mage's little dimensional playpen sounds nightmarish. Alright, no problem, we'll be back for our paycheck within a couple of hours."
[17:36:23] <~Charm> "Pretty much. It's really uninhabited, so collateral damage shouldn't be a worry. Just make sure whatever is doing this can't do it any more. Understood?"
[17:37:18] <Laura> "'Whatever it is'?" Laura's heart is beating a little faster. "Could you give us a little better intel than that?"
[17:37:26] <Lecia> "Got it." A nod. She's got it. Psyched? Not quite. Ready? Sure.
[17:37:29] <Noire> "Sure~! Maybe we can make friends with it and take it home with us?" Excited eyes light up and nod. Lecia's probably the most likely to accept such a ridiculous-sounding thing, so she's the first one looked at.
[17:38:49] <Lecia> "…maybe~" It depends. Giant monsters don't make for good pets.
[17:39:13] <~Charm> "We don't know anything more, Ms. Ingram. Only that it's hostile and needs to be incapacitated or exterminated. It's right in out backyard so there won't be another Mage at the rendezvous point. Stay safe, okay?"
[17:39:17] <Noire> A sudden realization. "Oh right, I'm gonna be-" … Grumble, grumble. "Okaaaaay, let's get it over with."
[17:41:21] <Laura> Laura nods. "Alright, let's do this. If anything happens, stick together out there." Laura's visibly worried.
[17:42:31] <Lecia> A nod. Totally ready. Transforming before going through the gate? She does that. It's an isolated place they're going to, after all, apparently.
[17:44:00] <Noire> With a small breath and a glance-around, Noire lets down her ponytail and lets the streaks of silver take over, becoming a heterochromiac in the process. The outfit plasters itself on as well and after a few nods she steps forward… before suddenly falling to her knees and shaking just outside the portal.
[17:44:20] <Lilo> Element of surprise and all that, Lilo holds off on transforming right away. "Relax, Pillow. We got this, easy. If some monster tries to eat you, I'll make it disappear in no time."
[17:46:13] <Noire> A second's taken to catch her breath before slowly standing and following behind the others with a muttering of "Strange." There, continue.
[17:46:27] <Laura> "Wha- hey, it's not me I'm worried about!" Laura rolls her shoulders and looks away. "Anyhow, stay close. Things could get dicey in there."
[17:47:31] <~Charm> Well, despite the danger…they really don't have much choice. The four step through the Gate, magic guiding then to the location of the disturbance.
[17:47:33] <~Charm> The Black Mountains, Montenegro || 2112 hours, GMT+1
[17:47:39] <Lecia> Lecia is visibly disapointed on the change of Noire's tone. But, through she goes.
[17:48:45] <Lilo> …Whoa, that's not good. Lilo rushes to support Noire, a moment too late. She turns her head from Noire to Laura to Noire to Laura. Meaning both, she sighs, "Don't push yourself too hard. I'm feeling good, I can pick up the slack." Through the portal.
[17:48:54] <~Charm> For almost nine at night in autumn, there is a good deal of light available - thank the full moon for that.
[17:50:20] <Laura> Laura examines the surroundings. "So wait, just how're we supposed to find this monster, anywa-"
[17:53:03] <Lilo> "It'll find us if we just hang around in the Serbermuda Triangle."
[17:54:17] <Noire> "Mmmm." With a bit of a tremble that's quickly shook off, the far-too-serious Lunar Princess steps out, floating off the ground as soon as she does.
[17:54:42] <~Charm> Well, Julie mentioned a dimensional shift. Something like that probably is magical.
[17:55:25] <Lecia> So you find it with, surprise surprise, magic?
[17:55:32] <Noire> Her body contorts in odd ways while it's in the air, searching the surroundings. "No need. Let's look for it."
[17:55:36] <Lecia> 2d6+10 :V
[17:55:36] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, :V: 17 [2d6=4,3]
[17:56:02] <Laura> "…Yeah, I suppose." Laura's still giving the general vicinity a plain old visual scan, just to be safe.
[17:57:38] <&Noire> 2d6+6 gonna sharp too here, magic tracking is for lamers
[17:57:38] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, gonna sharp too here, magic tracking is for lamers: 12 [2d6=2,4]
[17:58:00] <Laura> 2d6+4 same, though I dunno why she bothers
[17:58:01] <DiceMaid-9001> Laura, same, though I dunno why she bothers: 14 [2d6=5,5]
[17:58:53] <Lecia> Well, magic or not magic, she's going straight to work.
[17:59:17] <~Charm> Laura sees something what for a moment looks…iridescent. Lecia picks up an ever-shifting magical presense too.
[17:59:59] <Noire> But who isn't? Maybe-Not-Noire shuts right up and flies as high into the sky is she's able. To her surprise, whatever she's looking for isn't there. She drifts right back down with a little disappointment.
[18:00:38] <Lecia> "Hummmm….there is something here, but whatever it is, it's moving around…"
[18:00:53] <Laura> "There." Laura points to a spot a little ways down the slope, where a faint sparkle has caught her eye. "Looks like… well, nothing I've seen before."
[18:00:58] <Lilo> "Is it invisible?"
[18:01:47] <Noire> A slow nod. "It's probably that way, then. We shouldn't just wait for it to find us here."
[18:03:09] <Lecia> "OK~" And onward Lecia goes, because sitting around never did anyone any good.
[18:03:39] <Lilo> "Sure, but if it's moving, where DO we go?"
[18:03:57] <~Charm> Lecia soon approaches a wall of shimmering color. It looks sort of close to the material in the Mage Gates, but different enough that she can notice as much.
[18:04:08] <Noire> A flight is taken over that way. At least, to the way that was pointed out. "Maybe if it knows we're looking for it…"
[18:05:32] <Laura> "…It could be a trap? Because that's what I'm thinking." Laura stops a good distance from the prismatic barrier and crouches, motioning the others to stop too.
[18:05:51] <~Charm> Noire stops, but for a notably different reason
[18:06:01] <Lecia> Recalling the last time she touched something like this, Lecia stops as well.
[18:06:40] <Lilo> "Well, I could walk through. This thing probably wants nonmagical targets, doesn't it? I can just transform if I get in trouble."
[18:07:24] <Noire> "… Nng." In a very familiar fashion, she brings a hand up to her face. Two. For a familiar reason? … Well, maybe or maybe not. Her knees start shaking as they collapse. "W-What's…" And then a painfully loud yelp that slowly contorts its own sound into a moan. Oh boy.
[18:08:29] <Lecia> "N-Noire! What's wrong?!" She's hurting again, that's what's wrong ;_;
[18:09:21] <Lilo> "Hey! Is it doing something to you?" Lilo looks at Noire concernedly, though not yet afraid. Not-Noire's gone, right?
[18:10:20] <Lecia> 2d6+6
[18:10:21] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, 2d6+6: 13 [2d6=4,3]
[18:11:19] <Laura> "Goddamnit!" Laura rushes over to help, trying to take her by the arm and move her away from the portal.
[18:11:54] <Laura> 2d6+4 If you don't need one from me, ignore this
[18:11:54] <DiceMaid-9001> Laura, If you don't need one from me, ignore this: 11 [2d6=4,3]
[18:11:55] <Noire> It gets shaken off. "N-No… I'm fine." A wince while standing up, because she is definitely not batshit yet. Yet.
[18:11:58] <~Charm> She wasn't appreciably closer to the wall than anyone else, actually.
[18:14:21] <Lilo> 2d6+5
[18:14:21] <DiceMaid-9001> Lilo, 2d6+5: 13 [2d6=4,4]
[18:14:42] <~Charm> Noire does, however, feel a bit tired. Given what she just had happen to her, that's understandable.
[18:15:30] <Noire> Deep, heaving breaths. "It… It's okay. I'll be right behind you." Not tired enough, apparently.
[18:15:33] <Lecia> Though there was something else…but what was that something else? "…Noire had some sort of weird glow there…" She totally saw it, even if no one else did.
[18:16:20] <Laura> Laura gives Noire a hard look. "Are you sure you're good to go through with this? It might be dangerous if that keeps happening."
[18:16:36] <Lilo> "Yeah! Pinkish, I saw it, too. Some sort of spirit might've been trying to possess her. Maybe that's what's here. How do you feel?"
[18:17:52] <Lecia> "Yeah, it was totally pinkish…" Noire still being in seriousmode is still disheartening. But what can you do? Besides keep her from work forever, anyway.
[18:17:52] <Noire> A few odd glances at them. Maybe they're just… looking at her wrong? Of course, a headshake follows. "Don't worry, please. I feel a little tired… but nothing that should be a problem."
[18:19:45] <Lecia> "…we still can't just do nothing though. There's that…" A point towards the weird device. "…maybe that did it?"
[18:19:55] <Lilo> "You gotta tell us everything. We're not afraid you're crazy or anything; I mean, I might've been, but I know you're stronger than that. This could be something the monster caused, because of the glow. Don't hold out on us, Blackie."
[18:20:12] <~Charm> The glowing wall? Maybe. But you all are still a ways away from it.
[18:20:50] <Noire> Yet another nod. "Yeah… sorry. I'm not hiding anything… I'm pretty sure I'm not, anyway. Why don't we get closer?" Float, float.
[18:21:12] <Lecia> Which is why that if it was that, the idea of approaching it is terrifying. Especially for Noire. Still, onward they go, to test the waters…
[18:21:43] <Laura> Laura nods and cautiously approaches the wall.
[18:22:07] <~Charm> It…well, it looks like more of a curtain than a wall from up close.
[18:22:35] <Lilo> "What about what I said earlier? I was the only one who didn't go last time. Should I be first this time?"
[18:22:36] <~Charm> There is a slight breeze, ripples weaving through the translucent prismatic barrier
[18:23:20] <Noire> Noire comes to a landing right next to it, staring straight up for a few seconds, before taking a deep breath and holding out her hand - a big stick with a curved blade at the end of it forms and is quickly reeled back. "Stay out of the way. I'll see if this can…"
[18:23:49] <Noire> With a quick turn, the chain causes the blade to spread out and slash into the wall. Maybe through it?
[18:24:15] <~Charm> Yep. Through it. And back out again.
[18:24:31] <~Charm> …right?
[18:24:48] <Noire> A pause, as the chain returns. Probably. "… It doesn't seem like there's a problem." Is there?
[18:25:07] <~Charm> The blade never came back. Neither did about a quarter of the chain.
[18:25:31] <Noire> … Oh. That definitely isn't 'back out again' at all. Waiting, waiting, waiting.
[18:25:33] <Lilo> "…Huh."
[18:25:36] <Lecia> "…Yeah, there's a problem."
[18:26:00] <Noire> "… Right. That's not good."
[18:26:40] <~Charm> Well…what can you do about it?
[18:26:46] <Noire> Pull, that's what. Is it stuck?
[18:27:00] <Laura> "Big problem. Half a chain's not so bad; half a person'd seriously ruin my day."
[18:27:36] <~Charm> It isn't stuck, she just can't pull any more out. But it doesn't feel like it's caught on anything.
[18:28:59] <Noire> Unless that implies she pulled out a part-chain with the rest of it detached, which it doesn't sound like it does, that would pretty much be stuck. Still some more pulling. "What if… ordinary people walked into th- aaaaaahhh!" The stick falls right out of her hand, it's to her knees again.
[18:30:08] <Lecia> NO PANICKING. Whatever she saw before, she focuses much more on this time. If it's there, oh man does she focus on everything about it. Whatever is doing this is BAD.
[18:30:08] <Lilo> "It's one-way!"
[18:30:21] <~Charm> Lecia and Lilo both see the faint pink aura again, and a pulse.
[18:31:01] <Lecia> Well, we all hope she has a pulse.
[18:31:19] <Lilo> "It's not STUCK, just partway in a one-way mage gateportalwhatever." Her demeanor gets a little more solemn, "Noire. Are you okay?"
[18:31:24] <Noire> Really. One would think her heart stopped with all the moans and grounds happening, seemingly unprovoked.
[18:32:10] <~Charm> She does. But the aura pulsed as well. Lilo should kiss laura.
[18:32:17] <Noire> "I'm… fine." A slow stand, especially so since apparently not- oh come on.
[18:33:34] <Noire> "Don't worry about it. If… what we're looking for is in there, the barrier will disappear when we stop it, yes?" Another minor cringe. "I think I'll go in."
[18:34:19] <Lilo> "Something here's definitely messing with you, Blackie. We keep seeing stuff when you get those… Whatever you call thems."
[18:34:22] <Lecia> 2d6+7 Woop
[18:34:23] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, Woop: 17 [2d6=4,6]
[18:34:46] <Noire> "Org-" Cough. "… Seizures?"
[18:34:57] <Lecia> "…whatever this is, if we're looking for something not natural, we're gonna have to examine the not natural stuff…" Overcoming the fear of it, Lecia charges headlong in. Someone's got to go in.
[18:35:36] <Laura> Laura sees her go and starts to say something, but it's too late. Instead, she follows Lecia through.
[18:35:40] <Lilo> Kiss Laura? Huh, where'd that come from? That'd be kinda weird, so Lilo brushes the thought away and returns to looking at the situation.
[18:35:41] <Noire> "Wait a-" Holding a hand out, that hand quickly reaches down and picks her weapon out, with a nod toward the other two. And then Maybe-Not-Noire leaps in as well.
[18:36:28] <~Charm> Noire and Lecia find…not much changed. The former gets her weapon back, at least. It's a bit colder, and a touch of fog is about…but that's it.
[18:37:27] <Noire> It snaps back onto the end of the stick and is stared at with a smile. "Okay, let's find the source quickly."
[18:37:28] <Lilo> "Well, THIS is familiar. Here I go." Lilo hurries on after the others before some monster can pop up and eat her.
[18:38:47] <Lecia> "Whew…" Yay, she's not dead! But in any case…is what they're looking for somewhere here? Well, the best way to track things is…your eyes? HA, JUST USE MAGIC INSTEAD.
[18:39:00] <Lecia> 2d6+10 recklessness is a virtue
[18:39:01] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, recklessness is a virtue: 18 [2d6=3,5]
[18:39:05] <&Noire> 2d6+11 good idea
[18:39:05] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, good idea: 21 [2d6=4,6]
[18:39:09] <&Noire> 1d6 gimme gimme gimme
[18:39:10] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, gimme gimme gimme: 2 [1d6=2]
[18:39:44] <Noire> Good idea. Noire doesn't even mind letting her 'normal' eye start glowing for a second just to be able to give the whole scene a better look.
[18:40:14] <~Charm> Lecia can see the other three made it through just fine. Noire sees even more than that. Their eyes are glazed over, as if they're seeing something different.
[18:40:50] <Lilo> "Hello? HELLO? Where'd you all go? Pillow! Blackie! Lecia! …Anybody?" Lilo shouts in increasing desperation.
[18:41:07] <Noire> And she looks them over. All of them. After a brief pause, there's a SHING of her weapon being prepared. "… There's a problem."
[18:41:42] <Lecia> "Lilo? I'm right here!" Fun times.
[18:42:12] <Noire> A scowl. "Yeah, I didn't think so. Can you all hear me?"
[18:42:59] <Lilo> "Did you guys run off ahead? Come back here! Where IS everyone?"
[18:43:30] <Lecia> "I can hear you, Noire. …but what about everyone else?" Worry worry, written all over her face. Maybe…Lecia touches Lilo on the shoulder or something. What's even happening here?
[18:44:10] <Noire> A nervous leaning, a bit. Her voice is still serious and commanding, though, so that's good. "All of you, if you can hear me, blink once."
[18:44:25] <~Charm> She's really cold to the touch, barely breathing.
[18:44:57] <Lilo> "It's too cold in here… You guys!" Her voice shrinks, "The monster didn't get everybody… did it?"No blinking response to Noire
[18:45:26] <Noire> Teeth-clenching. "God damnit."
[18:45:43] <Lecia> Good? That's TERRIBLE. And that…that's terrible too. "L-Lilo! …She's really cold…"
[18:46:13] <Laura> Laura hasn't made a sound. She's shivering, and her lips are a bit blue.
[18:46:38] <Lecia> 2d6+6 HEART
[18:46:39] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, HEART: 17 [2d6=6,5]
[18:46:49] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, THE POWER OF LLLLOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE: 5 [1d6=5]
[18:47:45] <Laura> "…n-no way…" Laura says weakly.
[18:47:49] <~Charm> Lilo snaps out of things, slowly warming up as Lecia's magic touches her.
[18:48:46] <Lecia> And the warming is felt by Lecia. "Lilo! Are you OK?!"
[18:48:51] <Noire> Maybe-Not-Noire takes a second to look herself over for any of these signs, before shaking her head. Not even Lecia blinked, which is a problem, since her eyes still look the same.
[18:49:49] <Noire> "If you…" Another headshake. That seemed to work, so the not-so-heartful teen prances over to Laura and tries to mimic the action. "Hey! Answer me!"
[18:50:16] <~Charm> Lilo can feel things starting to cloud again, as if the magic is leaving her…she couldn't let that happen again…
[18:50:17] <Lilo> "Lonel… H-huh? Lecia! I couldn't find you guys, I thought I was gonna freeze to death! Lecia, Blackie, Pillow, are you guys all alright?"
[18:51:16] <&Noire> 2d6+4 also, TOUCH
[18:51:18] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, also, TOUCH: 14 [2d6=6,4]
[18:51:22] <&Noire> 1d6 OF LIFE
[18:51:24] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, OF LIFE: 6 [1d6=6]
[18:51:43] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, AND OF SOMETHING ELSE BUT WHATEVER IT IS I DON'T LIKE IT: 6 [1d6=6]
[18:51:49] <Laura> oh god
[18:51:53] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, AND OF OH GOD THIS ISN'T EVEN AN ATTACK ROLL STOP THAT: 4 [1d6=4]
[18:51:56] <Lecia> "You all…the others are…" Panic panic, try the next. GOTTA FIX GOTTA FIX. Can't let anyone be hurt longer anymore.
[18:52:38] <Lilo> No way, she's not getting lost in some blizzard again! A desperate chord cuts through the air as frantic, clashing music follows. The music quiets down as it transforms into notes, wrapping Lilo's body until it shifts into her usual costume, complete with headphones and speakers as always.
[18:52:53] <Lecia> 2d6+6 I don't even know my mind is being aaaaa
[18:52:54] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, I don't even know my mind is being aaaaa: 13 [2d6=1,6]
[18:53:00] <Lecia> 1d6 WHAT IS LOVE
[18:53:06] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, WHAT IS LOVE: 3 [1d6=3]
[18:53:00] <~Charm> Laura seems to have drifted to sleep by the time Noire gets to her. But her magic is just enough to wake her up, warmth slowly returning to her arms and legs.
[18:54:05] <Noire> What Noire does isn't just a touch, anyway. With a declaration like "Answer me!", she got a brief slap across the face.
[18:54:22] <Lilo> "What about the others? …Hey, is Pillow okay? She doesn't look too good. Were you guys lost, too?"
[18:55:29] <Laura> Laura mutters indistinctly, but wraps her arms around whatever that warm thing is. Noire? That might be what it was called.
[18:56:48] <Noire> Noire bites her lip. "Damnit! Why are only they affected by this… thing?" One arm is given to support Laura as she wakes up, the other holding her weapon. "Whatever you are… come out and face us, you coward!"
[18:57:14] <~Charm> It's warm. That's what mattered. But even that was starting to slip. She needed…something. A miracle. Some sort of spell to drive away the cold.
[18:58:28] <Lilo> "Laura! Use your magic and shift. It won't get you, that way!" After all, Lilo hasn't been gotten since transforming.
[18:59:30] <Noire> Noire's still holding her up, and only nods along to it. "What were you idiots thinking, coming in here without transforming?"
[19:00:48] <Laura> A miracle… why did that sound so familiar? Like something someone told her, a long time ago. "Sh-shift?" A faint memory stirs of absurd speed and adrenaline. And then she knows what to do.
[19:01:26] <Lilo> Lilo frowns, "I was going to bait the thing out! Sorry, bad idea. I get it - I just got lost in a blizzard, lesson learned. Don't need you to chew me out, too."
[19:01:29] <Noire> She'd better. As soon as it starts the older woman is let go of to have personal space. Can't have others showin' up your transformation sequence, that's hell for a magical girl.
[19:01:56] <Noire> Then a glance of interest. "A blizzard? As in… a real one?"
[19:02:53] <Lilo> "Well, I mean, it was freezing and foggy as icy-hell."
[19:03:09] <Noire> "… Illusions, then."
[19:03:18] <Lecia> And as the transformation ends, Lecia speaks. "…OK, so when we go in something like that while not transformed, bad things happen. So, I think before going in any of these gates, we should transform." Gates are scary. Could have nightmares about them, god damn.
[19:03:56] <Noire> A nod along. "Right. It seems like it only affects non-magical targets— but I can't imagine it wasn't expecting us. Be on your guard."
[19:04:09] <Lilo> Getting saved by a 14 year old? Embarrassing, but still much appreciated. "Thought I was gonna freeze to death before Lecia found me. Merci."
[19:05:03] <~Charm> Lights flash by Laura's eyes. One gear higher…she could outrace this!
[19:05:04] <Lecia> A nod at Noire, and a smile at Lilo. "You're welcome~" Adorableness.
[19:06:41] <Laura> There's a flash from the ground where Laura lies, as her jumpsuit ripples into being around her. She props herself up, looking around in confusion. "Wh-what happened?"
[19:07:34] <Lecia> "I think bad things happen when we go through gates without transforming. Bad things." Shudder. Gates really do scare her.
[19:09:16] <Laura> Laura rubs her arms, trying to get the warmth back in them. "I was in this freezing fog. Thought I was gonna…" She exchanges a look with Lilo that says it all. "You too, eh?"
[19:09:43] <Lilo> "…Yeah, it's lonely in there."
[19:32:31] <~Charm> The four girls' magic shields them from the worst of the cold and the fog. It's fairly apparent what happens to those who don't have access to such powers. Though it isn't like any of them could have known - it's still terrifying to think about.
[19:33:23] <Lecia> "…maybe the people that vanished ended up here…" It is.
[19:33:50] <Noire> "Don't think into it. Let's just stop it from happening again."
[19:35:01] <Lecia> A nod. Now, whatever inside this strange world is doing this…gotta find it, before anyone else is hurt!
[19:35:10] <~Charm> Laura just nods, her body still a bit numb from before.
[19:36:23] <Noire> SHE FUCKING NODS THE LAURA DOES. Still, Noire takes a few steps ahead with the occasional cringe, weapon drawn.
[19:38:53] <~Charm> There has to be a source. That much is evident. The only question is where? Magical tracking isn't helping. And neither is Noire's reactions to the full moon's light, as much as she enjoys it.
[19:40:16] <Lecia> Well if magical dracking isn't helping any, how about actual eyes? They have a use too, right?
[19:40:36] <Noire> That's probably why Noire has been floating around screaming for it to come out this whole time. The occasional weapon-swing at nothing came too.
[19:40:33] <Lecia> 2d6+6 Right?
[19:40:34] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, Right?: 12 [2d6=4,2]
[19:40:49] <&Noire> 2d6+3 fuck you guys I'm searching with aggro
[19:40:50] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, fuck you guys I'm searching with aggro: 7 [2d6=2,2]
[19:41:17] <Lilo> 2d6+5 meanwhile sharp
[19:41:17] <DiceMaid-9001> Lilo, meanwhile sharp: 15 [2d6=6,4]
[19:41:34] <Noire> … You know, until falling straight down from midair and having a seizure.
[19:42:38] <Lecia> God damn it. "Noire!" It's this again, GONNA BE RIGHT BY HER SIDE THE ENTIRE TIME.
[19:42:53] <~Charm> Lilo is able to see something moving, aside from Noire's…"seizure". If that's what they're calling it these days.
[19:43:26] <Noire> Right. This is TV-14, the moans are just kind of… there. Nobody needs to take a closer look at what's going on there.
[19:43:11] <Laura> 2d6+4 If only I could search with cool, if only
[19:43:12] <DiceMaid-9001> Laura, If only I could search with cool, if only: 9 [2d6=3,2]
[19:44:06] <Lecia> 2d6+7 If I could search with cool
[19:44:06] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, If I could search with cool: 13 [2d6=3,3]
[19:44:14] <Lecia> It wouldn't be that big of a deal
[19:44:15] <&Noire> 2d6+6 IF I COULD SEARCH WITH COOL?
[19:44:16] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, IF I COULD SEARCH WITH COOL?: 10 [2d6=3,1]
[19:44:06] <Lilo> Lilo looks closer - what CAN she see? "Movement there! Not just the pink-thing."
[19:44:40] <~Charm> It looks…blue-ish. And floating away slowly. As if it's not yet aware of their presence.
[19:45:02] <Laura> Laura keeps an eye out while the others tend to Noire. "Where? By those trees?"
[19:46:18] <Lilo> Lilo stalks the strange apparition, "Blue thing! Sneaking away, don't think it's spotted us." If it's about to get away, she's striking, otherwise just following.
[19:46:55] <Noire> "Nnnnngg! I…" A glance over to everybody at her side, before standing up and brushing herself off, a bit embarrassed this time. "Sorry."
[19:47:10] <~Charm> It seems to just wander about. But Lilo can see a few skeletons and freshly frozen-to-death bodies in its wake.
[19:47:54] <Lecia> That probably consists of just Lecia. "Whatever is doing that, we need to stop it…." Even if this isn't Real|Noire, she might feel it too.
[19:48:31] <Lilo> "I got it. There are glowy things in here doing everything. The pinkish one's trying to mess with Noire, the blue one was freezing me and Laura. We better destroy these things."
[19:49:09] <Noire> A pause once reaching Lilo's side. "Maybe… they're both part of something?"
[19:49:49] <Laura> Laura follows her, still not seeing the blue apparition. "Part of…what, exactly?"
[19:49:53] <Noire> And then suddenly she gets in a more defensive stands. "W-Who's there?!"
[19:49:55] <Lilo> "…Could be, but I don't see anything else. Take care of them and then the main body?"
[19:50:17] <Noire> … Stance, too.
[19:50:32] <Lecia> Red and blue weird glowing things. …Yuki and Mai?! - no, no, this isn't Touhou OR Seihou, stop that. "Whatever they are…wherever they are…" Lecia is confused again. Hum.
[19:51:21] <Noire> And would PC-98 still exist in THIS day and age? Those are long gone, even the windows series is probably forgotten by now. Touhou is mainstream and there's a character for everything that exists, so clearly such an ancient relic wouldn't be after them. Probably.
[19:52:02] <Noire> Noire's hand reaches up and covers her right eye with a slight hunch over. "No… no… not here…"
[19:54:45] <Laura> "Wh-? Lecia, keep Noire out of trouble. Lilo, let's light that punk up! We can't let it get away!"
[19:55:41] <Lecia> Lecia nods. Of course keeping Noire out of trouble is big - but they're totally going away, aren't they.
[19:55:43] <Noire> "N-No…" A headshake, while the hand is slowly let down. "Spread out, everyone. Get as far away from me as you can right now."
[19:55:55] <Lilo> "Right! If she gets worse, take the pink thing out, we'll get blue." Lilo leads the way in the chase after the blue one.
[19:58:15] <Lecia> Completely unsure, Lecia backs away, keeping her eye on Noire, because that's how you keep her out of trouble, right? It's a bit slow, though.
[19:58:37] <Noire> Fingers slide down her face. "We need to take it out in…" When the hand's gone, her eyes close.
[19:59:30] <Noire> They both open to a display of being the same bright violet color. Her lips curve into a violent-looking grin. "… Now."
[20:00:06] <Lecia> Oh. OH.
[20:00:43] <Laura> Laura hasn't noticed the change. She's following behind Lilo, still trying to get a visual on the target. Lecia is on her own.
[20:01:05] <Noire> And that's why the cue to run was given. As if that wasn't enough, there's a little more warm-up time as she starts the cackling with an "ufufu" and turns it into something else entirely, bringing herself to her knees and uttering a violent moan-scream.
[20:01:39] <Lecia> 2d6+7 Oh
[20:01:40] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, Oh: 10 [2d6=1,2]
[20:02:08] <Noire> "Ahahaha… THERE we go. Just like that! JUUUUST LIKE THAT!" With a WHONK, she stands up weak-kneed with a huge amount of trembling, slamming the bladed weapon into the ground.
[20:02:15] <~Charm> The very sound is charged with magic, the aura around the Mage changing from a soft pink to a deep violet. But the wave of magic caused the floating spirit to stop and turn around.
[20:02:35] <Lecia> oh. Lecia is definitely terrified, and SHE IS RUNNING BACK TO THE OTHERS, OH YEAH SHE IS.
[20:03:07] <Lilo> …Don't turn around, she's fine. Definitely not going crazy. Kill these things and everything will be fine. In fact, Lilo drowns out the screams by blasting extremely loud static from her speakers. Black and white static, like seen on way old TVs, barrels towards the blue spirit.
[20:03:28] <Noire> And then with chain-noises she dashes straight toward it, grinning. "If you morons won't stop it… I will!"
[20:03:58] <Laura> 9/7/3
[20:04:01] <Lilo> 874, though
[20:04:05] <&Noire> I'll go ahead and 11/5/4 today
[20:04:06] <Lilo> that's a fury attack
[20:04:08] <&Noire> or
[20:04:08] <&Noire> no
[20:04:10] <&Noire> 10/5/4
[20:04:14] <&Noire> my bad
[20:04:33] <&Noire> then again THAT'S fury too
[20:04:39] <Lilo> 2d6+8 furyus
[20:04:40] <&Noire> but… eh
[20:04:40] <DiceMaid-9001> Lilo, furyus: 16 [2d6=4,4]
[20:05:03] <&Noire> 2d6+11 let's easymode
[20:05:05] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, let's easymode: 15 [2d6=2,2]
[20:06:14] <@Charm> 2d6+?; 2d6+?
[20:06:15] <DiceMaid-9001> Charm, 2d6+?: 4 [2d6=2,2]; 2d6+?: 3 [2d6=1,2]
[20:06:20] <@Charm> Both hit
[20:04:38] <Lecia> BUT CAN IT GO OVER THE TERRIFIED NOISES OF A LITTLE GIRL? Because she's making them.
[20:06:21] <Lecia> And if she catches up…she probably goes right past them.
[20:06:31] <&Noire> 1d6 HAS or no?
[20:06:33] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, HAS or no?: 3 [1d6=3]
[20:06:43] <Lilo> 1d6
[20:06:44] <DiceMaid-9001> Lilo, 1d6: 3 [1d6=3]
[20:06:49] <Lilo> Haha~
[20:06:58] <&Noire> So cute~
[20:06:58] <@Charm> Imma say yes to HAS
[20:07:03] <&Noire> oh, that's 8 then
[20:07:26] <Laura> 8+7 so far
[20:10:41] <~Charm> The chain and sonic blast both run straight through the ghostly thing, turning around with white eyes
[20:13:14] <Laura> Laura grits her teeth. "No effect!" she shouts, in case the others didn't get a clear look at the results.
[20:13:14] <Noire> "Thaaaat's right… I'll rip you to PIECES." Swingin' a chain, swingin' a chain.
[20:15:07] * Charm changes topic to 'Lecia, Laura, Enemy, Lilo, Noire'
[20:19:08] <Laura> 2d6+7 But I'll swing with Heart
[20:19:09] <DiceMaid-9001> Laura, But I'll swing with Heart: 14 [2d6=2,5]
[20:19:47] <@Charm> 2d6+? defense
[20:19:48] <DiceMaid-9001> Charm, defense: 9 [2d6=5,4]
[20:19:55] <@Charm> Yeah, miss
[20:21:13] <Laura> Laura has chains of her own, wrapped tight around each fist. She launches a flurry of rapid-fire strikes at the ghost, but to no effect.
[20:22:29] <~Charm> The ghost stares as Lecia, pointing a finger at her. Fog starts to form around her.
[20:22:36] <@Charm> 2d6+?
[20:22:36] <DiceMaid-9001> Charm, 2d6+?: 10 [2d6=5,5]
[20:23:47] <Lecia> 3d6+10 HOT BLOOD
[20:23:48] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, HOT BLOOD: 23 [3d6=5,4,4]
[20:23:51] <&Noire> kyaaaa
[20:23:56] <&Noire> yeah I doubt it has +13
[20:23:58] <&Noire> inb4 it does
[20:23:59] <@Charm> Indeed it does. Roll damage.
[20:24:00] <Lilo> Holy shit
[20:24:46] <Lecia> 1d6+5+2 Like this?
[20:24:46] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, Like this?: 11 [1d6=4]
[20:25:48] <~Charm> It…it's cold…so cold…where did everyone go? Did the thing kill them?
[20:27:12] <Lecia> IF IT DID, IT'S NOT GETTING ANY MERCY. Lecia charges out of the fog, laserblade (as shaped as a blade) ready to attack the ghost. as hard as she's able.
[20:28:39] <~Charm> It phases right through. The thing is PISSED.
[20:29:00] <~Charm> Your attacks have to be doing something…but it isn't visible…
[20:30:22] <Noire> "Ohhhhh ho ho ho~ I see what it is! Ahahahaha… that's not enough… not enough not enough not enough!" With a loud SHINK sound as the blade slams into the ground for no reason, it's held to Batshit-Noire's chest and reels itself back as she leans on it, staring.
[20:30:49] <Lilo> 2d6+10 Echo gives +2
[20:30:50] <DiceMaid-9001> Lilo, Echo gives +2: 17 [2d6=6,1]
[20:30:55] <Lilo> 1d6
[20:30:55] <DiceMaid-9001> Lilo, 1d6: 5 [1d6=5]
[20:31:50] <@Charm> 2d6+?
[20:31:51] <DiceMaid-9001> Charm, 2d6+?: 6 [2d6=5,1]
[20:34:00] <Lilo> 1d6+5+2
[20:34:01] <DiceMaid-9001> Lilo, 1d6+5+2: 12 [1d6=5]
[20:33:44] <Lilo> Lilo whips a microphone out of thin air. She pauses for a moment while figuring out how to connect it to the speakers - there we go! She sings into the microphone, her voice being emitted as a sonic wave from the speakers on her shoulders, "Get out of here, Spirit. We don't want… Um… Any of it!"
[20:37:07] <~Charm> Still no sign of it falling. Noire has to do it all…why did she sign up with these amateurs?
[20:38:30] <Noire> "Enough!" Well, maybe that's not quite what she's thinking. Or maybe she isn't thinking anything at all. "Oh noble Luna~" She speaks in a mock-girlish voice, violet eyes behind fluttering eyelashes as she stares up at the sky. "Rend this creature into dust!" On cue, a big flash of light emerges from the sky. She doesn't even have to do anything except cackle along with it.
[20:38:39] <&Noire> 5d6+5 (shifted) DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIED IE
[20:38:40] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, (shifted) DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIED IE: 22 [5d6=3,4,2,4,4]
[20:38:47] <&Noire> BUT THE SHIFT DIDN'T MATTER
[20:38:56] <Lilo> Huh
[20:39:00] <Lilo> No sixes
[20:39:07] <Lecia> Or 1's
[20:39:11] <&Noire> yeah
[20:39:15] <&Noire> good thing shifting is free
[20:39:21] <&Noire> but probable overkill
[20:39:38] <@Charm> 2d6+? barring bullshit, you win
[20:39:39] <DiceMaid-9001> Charm, barring bullshit, you win: 12 [2d6=6,6]
[20:39:42] <Lecia> so
[20:39:43] <Lecia> about that
[20:39:43] <&Noire> fuckthisimout.jpg
[20:39:43] <@Charm> …
[20:39:54] <@Charm> That may qualify as bullshit
[20:39:54] <&Noire> incoming 1,1
[20:40:03] <@Charm> 2d6
[20:40:03] <DiceMaid-9001> Charm, 2d6: 6 [2d6=3,3]
[20:40:10] <Lecia> Double dubs
[20:40:17] <&Noire> it probably has more than +4
[20:40:20] <Laura> 6s everywhere.
[20:40:26] <Lecia> Even if it's a loss, Dicemaid wins due to sheer class
[20:40:30] <@Charm> It does. But did you account your +1?
[20:40:34] <&Noire> OH, I didn't
[20:40:42] <&Noire> Fury is the +5, so that's 23
[20:40:50] <@Charm> Roll off
[20:40:54] <&Noire> 1d6 OH BOY
[20:40:55] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, OH BOY: 4 [1d6=4]
[20:41:01] <Lecia> COME ON CLASSINESS
[20:41:05] <Lecia> I MEAN
[20:41:06] <Lecia> GO NOIRE
[20:41:12] <&Noire> here comes 6
[20:41:21] <@Charm> 1d6 canyoubeatthatfortencoins.jpg
[20:41:21] <Laura> inb44
[20:41:22] <DiceMaid-9001> Charm, canyoubeatthatfortencoins.jpg: 3 [1d6=3]
[20:41:31] <&Noire> 1d6+6+2 WELL THEN
[20:41:32] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, WELL THEN: 12 [1d6=4]
[20:41:37] <&Noire> er, +1
[20:41:39] <&Noire> AGAIN
[20:41:44] <&Noire> SO THAT'S 13 MY BAD
[20:42:15] <~Charm> Welp, since she asked so nicely…that's more or less what happened.
[20:42:16] <Noire> "Dust dust dust dust DUST DUST DUST DUST!" Cackling keeps going as FUCKING LASER BEAMS FROM THE SKY shoot down.
[20:42:54] <Noire> "Ufufufu… oh no, that's not it. That's not enough. There're more of them, aren't there?"
[20:44:54] <Noire> Staring at the… whatever's left, she stomps the ground once, leaping into the air and spinning. "Where's the ooooother one~?" Batshit eyes glance over the whole group. "Maybe you're hiding it? Or you? Or youuuu?"
[20:45:45] <~Charm> All that's left is a pebble and dust.
[20:45:53] <Lilo> Oh dear god, Not-Noire is back. "N-no spirit here, boss."
[20:46:25] <Noire> And then she snaps to attention, raising the weapon. "You're the one! You're hiding it!" Reeled back, and…
[20:46:26] <~Charm> The snarky one speaks the truth, sadly. How disappointing.
[20:46:43] <Laura> Laura stays in a boxer's stance, eyes on Noire. "Nothing's here. Rela-"
[20:48:42] <Noire> WHOMP.
[20:49:38] * Lecia is totally on guard. If Not-Noire tries to attack anyone, she's gonna stop the insane lunatic. If that WHOMP is an attack, she's already in the way.
[20:49:42] <Noire> That's the sound made not only by both her eyes suddenly reconfiguring their coloration like a brick to the face, but also Noire's entire body hitting the ground.
[20:50:30] <Lecia> But it's the collapsing WHOMP, so she's already running back to Noire. "Noire!" Worrying forever.
[20:50:37] <Noire> "Nn…." Wince. "Hnn.." She's definitely conscious enough to cringe. "Hnnnggg…"
[20:50:39] <Lilo> Right, nevermind, Not-Noire's gone. Lilo rushes to Noire's aide, "Blackie! Are you okay? What do you remember?"
[20:50:57] <Laura> "Whoa!" Laura rushes over, too.
[20:51:42] <Noire> "NggggaaAAAAAAHHH!" Her mouth opens wide open, eyes coming with, as they appear to roll back into her head. Ahegao jokes and etc whatever, this looks PAINFUL… and at the same time, not.
[20:53:23] <Laura> Laura doesn't see what she can do to help, so instead she stays nervously on-guard. She'll take a few steps back to where the wall was, too, to see if it's changed any.
[20:53:25] <Noire> A hand stretches out but falls to the ground. It might as well be an actual seizure by this point.
[20:53:50] <Lilo> "Are you-" No, she isn't okay. Clearly. Lilo turns to Laura pleadingly, "What do we do? I don't think she's done this before!"
[20:53:58] <Lecia> "Are you alr-" That doesn't look alright. And thus Lecia makes an effort to help her snap out of it…however she does that.
[20:54:41] <Noire> It's just a lot of convulsions. They keep stopping and starting again, with screams and moans coming with. Curiously, she hasn't detransformed yet.
[20:58:56] <&Noire> 2d6+6 oh right, I have cool
[20:58:56] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, oh right, I have cool: 14 [2d6=6,2]
[20:59:06] <&Noire> BUT IT FALLS SHORT
[20:59:58] <~Charm> It seems…a bit warmer now. Clearer, for sure.
[21:00:15] <Noire> "He… lp…" Grabbing onto whatever's nearest, whatever it may be, even if it's a rock or something, she starts choking and coughing. Too much DRAMA to notice the victory.
[21:00:34] <Lecia> Probably Lecia.
[21:01:00] <Lecia> "I'm here, don't worry…"
[21:01:04] <Noire> Lecia's hair, even. Ow.
[21:01:33] <Lecia> It hurts, but that doesn't matter at all.
[21:01:42] <Lilo> Lilo hasn't a clue how to help Noire. Real seizure? Magical? Psychological? Not a clue. Lilo clutches onto one of Noire's hands with her own and gives it a squeeze, "Hey! Stay tough, Blackie!"
[21:02:12] <Noire> "Ahnnnnng!" After another fit, her eyes open to notice what her hand's doing and quickly lets go. Maybe with some purple in it… it IS purple, right?
[21:02:36] <~Charm> One of them, anyway.
[21:02:58] <Lecia> It's definitely purple.
[21:03:08] <Noire> Good. But her eyes aren't. Neither of them.
[21:03:16] <Laura> Laura looks around quickly. The barrier seems to be down, so whatever they did must've worked. "We're done here," she says, turning back to the others. "C'mon, let's get her back to the portal."
[21:03:56] <Noire> Massive, heaving breaths. She doesn't seem able to stand, still cringing despite a smile on her face for some reason. "Is it… o… ver?"
[21:04:49] <Lilo> Lilo's speakers whir to life. Not nearly as loud as usual - a soothing lullaby gently carries through the air. "It's over. Let's go home, okay?"
[21:05:18] <Noire> Still struggling to breathe, a soft smile forms. ".. Yeah."
[21:05:35] <Laura> "Y-yeah, it's done. C'mere." Laura gets Noire under one arm and helps her to her feet. "Easy now…"
[21:05:52] <Noire> VWOOP. Costume's off once it can be. Very fortunately, lifting Noire feels like lifting paper.
[21:06:41] <~Charm> The Gate is about 75 yards away. Not that bad.
[21:07:33] <Lilo> Lilo hurries ahead to the gate, planning to make sure no trap was along the way, but not to pass through. "You got her? I'll lead the way." The music doesn't stop yet.
[21:08:10] <Noire> Eyes half-closed, she tries to float up every few seconds, probably stopped. Speaking or even thinking are toughies.
[21:08:22] <Lecia> "….um….wasn't there another one? A pink one, I think?" She REALLY hates to be the one to break that news. REALLY. The uncomfortableness echos through her.
[21:08:49] <~Charm> Well if it is around, she can't sense it.
[21:09:14] <Noire> A long staring. "A pink…" Even more. "Don't tell me it…!" Tremble, tremble.
[21:09:41] <Laura> "It was on Noire, right? If it's stuck there, Julie might be able to get off, so don't worry."
[21:10:14] <Noire> And then a frown, but with a childlike pout attached this time too. "… Sorry."
[21:10:20] <Lilo> "Lecia and I can make sure it's not here if you take Blackie home, Laura."
[21:11:09] <Lilo> "No one's mad, Blackie. You finished the fight, anyway! Didn't attack anyone, either"
[21:13:03] <Lecia> Maybe it ran from all the lasers. But..whatever, both are confused enough to make this fit. She shakes her head. "Nothing. Let's just get out of here." This place is really creepy, anyway.
[21:13:19] <Noire> "Eheh…" A soft laughter that's more like breaths than anything. "Well… I didn't think it was gonna be THAT bad."
[21:14:05] <~Charm> Creepy is one word for it. But they can leave soon enough…
[21:14:17] <Laura> "Let's just get home. We can worry about the details in the morning." Laura's already most of the way to the portal.
[21:14:57] <Noire> Lazy floating along with. "Yeah."
[21:15:20] * Lecia is following along. So scary.
[21:15:52] <~Charm> Vwoop. Back they go. Julie is pacing as you return to the Library. "What do we have?"
[21:16:22] <Noire> "Nnnng." Noire's still in recovery-mode, not the talky type today.
[21:17:05] <Lilo> "Another episode with Not-Noire. Plus some serious seizures. I noticed a pink glow around her when Not-Nore started fighting to show up, too."
[21:17:48] <Noire> She gives a soft, nervous chuckle sometime in the middle, with a whisper. "M'bad."
[21:18:08] <Laura> "Engaged one target. Blue-ish ghost-thing. Ahm, I can write up a full report if you want." Laura was avoiding mentioning the Noire thing. That could be done in private.
[21:18:26] <Noire> BIT LATE FOR THAT, HUH?
[21:18:34] <~Charm> "Yeah, but…blueish ghost? Hmm…"
[21:18:44] <@Charm> 2d6+9+3
[21:18:45] <DiceMaid-9001> Charm, 2d6+9+3: 16 [2d6=3,1]
[21:18:47] <Lecia> Lecia just lets other people do the talking. Definitely-Not-Noire re-emerging is terrifying. Her raining lasers on the field isn't much better. And actually beating something up was something, too.
[21:19:06] <~Charm> "Did it show any signs of pain when you fought it?"
[21:19:23] <Noire> A couple deep breaths. "Nope. It… kinda blew up too fast, sorry."
[21:19:23] <Lilo> "None."
[21:20:03] <~Charm> A frown. "You four ran into what the Japanese have called a 'yuki-onna' - a shinto spirit of blizzards."
[21:20:30] <Lilo> "…Told you it was a blizzard."
[21:22:11] <~Charm> "The thing is…what does a Japanese religious figure do to get lost in eastern Europe?"
[21:22:27] <~Charm> "And that's the real question, isn't it? I'm gonna talk to the IJ branch - APAC is their turf."
[21:22:35] <Laura> "So um, crisis resolved?" Laura's trying hard not to pace.
[21:22:37] <Noire> Letting go with a nod of thanks, Noire hobbles over and leans against a wall. "There aren't gonna be more of those, are there?"
[21:23:31] <~Charm> "I should hope not, Miss Carrolle. Now, what of the missing people?"
[21:23:53] <Noire> "Carolle. They… erm…" Lip-bite.
[21:23:59] <Lecia> Shudder.
[21:24:14] <Lilo> "I saw frozen corpses and skeletons in there. So. Yeah."
[21:25:12] <Laura> "…We were…unable to locate any survivors." Best to leave it like that.
[21:25:34] <Noire> Nod. "… Sorry."
[21:26:49] <Lecia> There were bits and pieces of human, according to flavor done in another channel. Like Lecia wants to talk about that.
[21:27:58] <~Charm> "I should have surmised as much. Anyway…you all have had a rough night. Feel free to leave."
[21:28:40] <~Charm> "Miss Carolle? Mind staying behind for a moment?"
[21:28:55] <Noire> Then another nod, this one more apologetic. "Yeah."
[21:29:27] <Laura> "Yeah." Laura turns to leave. "I'm gonna sleep like a brick after that one."
[21:30:53] <Lilo> Funny how a mood can change; her paycheck's the last thing on Lilo's mind. "Let's head back to our room, 'kay?" Her tone's a little gentler than usual - Noire still comes across as pretty fragile.
[21:31:08] <Lilo> "You can take the window bed tonight."
[21:33:54] <Noire> From over to the side, Definitely-Noire only gives a nod to poor Lilo. "I'll catch up, 'kay?"
[21:34:18] <Laura> Laura nods and walks out of the shop, others (possibly?) in tow.
[21:34:41] <Lecia> Lecia is definitely in tow.
[21:35:29] <Lilo> "I'll see you back home." Lilo gets towed along with Lecia following Laura back to the hotel.
[21:37:23] <~Charm> As Lecia and the gang reach a crosswalk, they all hear a voice.
[21:38:03] <~Charm> "Oh, it's you, mistress Asami! What can we do for you?" currently the light is against you.
[21:40:56] <Lilo> "What's an Asami?"
[21:41:36] <Laura> "I think it's a Robogirl," says Laura, smiling at Lecia. "An- wait, but who said that?"
[21:41:49] <Lecia> And then something was talking. …that was probably…well SHE can totally understand them, right? Maybe she just accidentally turned-oh, something else heard that. Cue an infinite amount of uncomfortability stemming from confusion. "Erm…that's me…n-nothing, continue as you are?"
[21:43:08] <~Charm> "As you wish, Mistress. Good evening."
[21:44:18] <Laura> "Um, did that sign just talk to you?"
[21:44:58] <~Charm> Several other stoplights, vending machines and parking meters seem to want to shoot the breeze with Lecia.
[21:45:19] <Lecia> …the faster that they're at the hotel, the better. "…it did. I mean, normally I can talk to them…but…it's not quite like this."
[21:45:37] <Noire> And who doesn't? She's supremely adorable as a human, but even moreso as a robot to other robots. Isn't that just the cutest thing in the universe?
[21:46:48] <Lecia> And cue her talking to every robotic thing. She probably accidentally has conversations with some of them, though really she just wants to go home. …no, but yes, at the same time. You know. Both homes.
[21:48:34] <Lecia> And some of them might totally be calling her rude because she doesn't want to chat, and she says she's sorry.
[21:52:08] <Lilo> Silly magic. Lilo just wants to get home. She's a little weirded out by the machines, but it probably grows old. Poor Lecia, dealing with this all the time.
[21:53:05] <Laura> "Talking to machines? That's pretty crisp." Laura puts her hands in her pockets and looks up, as if in thought. "Wonder what my bike'd have to say to me? But then…nah. We communicate fine as it is.""
[21:54:05] <Lilo> "I feel like your bike would probably laugh at me!"
[21:54:10] <Noire> "Waaaah!" From miscellaneous spot in the sky, GUESS WHO comes crashing down probably when they're just outside the hotel. "Sorry I'm late, guys!"
[21:54:55] <Lecia> …is that sign changing? Hopefully she didn't give it the wrong idea and it suddenly stays as it is. She's still incredibly busy with making the machines be quiet that she doesn't notice Noire crashing down while they're stuck at a light.
[21:55:09] <Laura> "Oh, hey." Laura slows down to hold the door for her. "You um, still okay?"
[21:55:45] <Noire> Noire jumps up and brushes herself off, with the same big smile as usual. "You bet! Better than ever! Heyyy, I just realized, we didn't even get to finish from earlier, did we?" The friendmeal, of course.
[21:56:04] <Lilo> "What happened with you and Julie?"
[21:57:12] <Noire> "Eheheh, oh, nothing~ Just some…" Cough, cough. "Work stuff."
[21:57:45] <Lilo> Lilo frowns, "Come on! Remember what I said about holding out on us?"
[21:58:23] <Lecia> She's still at it. The machines, they're talking everywhere.
[21:59:43] <Noire> "Naaah. It's nothing important. Just, the moon and-" Blink, blink blink. "… What's she doing?"
[22:00:28] <Lilo> "Talking to machines, doesn't matter. Magic. What was that and-?"
[22:00:56] <Lecia> And the machines talk back, too. Technology at it's finest.
[22:01:01] <Lecia> …only they don't do that.
[22:01:24] <Laura> Laura tries not to look like she's eavesdropping, but she listens intently all the same.
[22:01:59] <Laura> To Noire, specifically. Not so much to the machines.
[22:02:02] <Noire> "Oh… Huh. Well it's kinda li- eek!" Suddenly, Noire jolts up right next to Lilo and bowls her over, weight-manipulating on accident again.
[22:05:47] <Lilo> Whomp! Lilo's knocked flying by the accidental weight-controller. Rough landing, but not enough to actually injure her. Lilo sits up on the ground and frownglares, "Hey! That hurt. I just wanted an answer."
[22:05:49] <~Charm> As the two stared into each others' eyes, something started happening. An eerily foreboding sensation, welling up and dispersing against their sensitive skin.
[22:07:23] <Noire> "… Oh." A long stare for a second, before her face curves into a wicked grin. Sup, magic. Lowering her entire head down to eye-closingly close levels…. she quickly moves to the side and pecks the younger girl on the cheek, before grabbing one of her wrists and pulling up.
[22:07:36] <Noire> "Hehe… thanks for all your help today."
[22:09:40] <Lilo> "…Huh? Well, um… You're welcome, I guess. I just got worried about you, and I still am. Are you alright?" Lilo was pretty confused by the sudden change as well as the peck and spoke awkwardly.
[22:10:05] <Laura> Laura raises one eyebrow at the kiss, but goes back to looking unconcernedly at the elevator doors.
[22:11:27] <Lecia> They're totally still stuck at the sign, aren't they. Maybe traffic is really intense or something…
[22:11:40] <Noire> Thumbs-up. "Just great!" Then, seeing Laura leaves, she jumps up and dashes over. "Oh, you too!" Smooch, right on the same spot, with a cute little giggle following. It's almost terrifying that she's an inch taller. Lecia gets the next one, with a big bear-hug attached as well.
[22:12:56] <~Charm> Nah, they got to the hotel by now, each with a peck on the cheek. But a special someone has something extra in store for them
[22:13:44] <Noire> Oh right, this is where Noire turns psychotic and rips all their clothes off, then violently- … oh wait, that's not this episode, that's saved for the fanfictions. Right! Carry on!
[22:14:52] <Lecia> Well if that's the case, then Lecia is paying attention to everything again. The bear-hug and peck on the cheek are strangely not minded, and at least the hug is returned, if only for a bit. Not fallout worthy.
[22:17:20] <Lilo> Lilo shoots Laura a wild-eyed "Is she crazy?" glance. It's a thousand times preferable to Not-Noire, but it's still unexpected and strange behavior.
[22:18:36] <Laura> Laura just shrugs back. "Isn't that normal for you Euros?"
[22:18:41] <Noire> "Ahaha~! Okay, let's all go out tomorrow, then. On me again!"
[22:20:34] <Lilo> Lilo lowers her voice to avoid Noire's attention, "Sure, a kiss on the cheek's nothing, but that was a sudden change. And I felt something weird before she did it." She pretends she said nothing while answering Noire, "Yeah, we could do something."
[22:21:00] <Lecia> "…OK~" KEEP YOUR SPIRITS HIGH, LECIA.
[22:21:18] <Noire> Fistpump. "Yeah~! ONWARD!"
[22:21:32] <~Charm> Magic is a funny thing - it can destroy a crazed spirit, or just shatter the mind of an unsuspecting victim. Whatever the party used it for, they would need to be able to control it.