The Library: Session #2

[Back to The Library]

Session #2
[17:14:53] <Charm> September 4, 2054 || 0921 hours, GMT+1 || Geneva Books and Collectibles, Geneva, Switzerland ||
[17:15:44] <Charm> Well…this was it. Everyone had been told that this was the meeting place - a bookstore in the city, at 9:30 in the morning.
[17:17:05] <Charm> There's a sharp chill in the air, in no small part due to the wind and clouds overhead, keeping the sun out of sight for the time being.
[17:18:24] <Noire> The travel there from one room was an extremely awkward one, as Noire constantly questioned what happened the night before due to a freak incident of forgetting why the new girl left, or even the two of them falling asleep. That said, she was just as bouncy as ever the next morning, forcing her friend 'Lines' out of bed. And as for her answer? Well, she's probably still trying to get it. Still, her very brown eyes scan around as she hops in, wearing her same uniform as usual.
[17:19:53] <Laura> Laura pulls up to the curb on her motorcycle, dismounts, and stretches. Nothing like a quick ride in the morning to get the blood pumping. She notices the other two girls and waves. "Hey-a gals."
[17:20:52] <Lines> In the morning? That early? Yeah, right. Great idea. Lilo probably greatly resisted the idea of getting up and doing stuff so early, but one way or another, she makes it. "So this is a bookstore, huh…? This doesn't seem as exciting as I imagined." The little reading Lilo did was digital; she couldn't even remember being in a bookstore before. She had some fantasy magical library envisioned in her head as the standard.
[17:20:56] <Noire> The excited blonde's hand waves about frantically. "Good moooor~ning!"
[17:22:13] <Lines> "Pillow! Did you hear us last night?"
[17:23:13] <Laura> "Last ni-? Where you two at it until late again? Kids these days…"
[17:23:58] <Lecia> And, somewhere in this bookstore, 9:30 in the morning, and probably a bit earlier too, was Lecia, playing what's probably a SRW game on a portable game system/computer thing, waiting patiently. Oh she wonders, she wonders, what will happen next~
[17:24:56] <Lecia> Of course, she has headphones on. And sound. Gotta soak in that wonderful voice acting.
[17:25:37] <Noire> Well, what happened a FEW nights before, anyway. Usually these things take place the next day, you know? Doesn't stop poor Noire from still having no idea what happened a while ago, so she's still as clueless and as smily as ever. "Ahaha! Sorry, I'll try to be a liiiiiittle quieter!"
[17:26:13] <Laura> "Well, let's get this done, then." Laura gestures her two colleagues over as she tries the door.
[17:26:17] <Lines> "Something like that! What are we even supposed to be here for, anyway?"
[17:27:00] <Charm> "I'm glad you asked." pop! Off come Lecia's headphones. Lilo knows something about that.
[17:27:11] <Noire> Nod. Nodnodnodnodnod. "Yeah! Did they even tell us anything? I'm kinda hungry, better not take long."
[17:28:20] <Lecia> A look around, a pause of the game, followed by a quick save of the game, then all attention on her surroundings.
[17:28:28] <Charm> "I have some bagels and muffins inside if you didn't eat. Now then…is this everyone?" the woman is still in a white coat, although her blue blouse and skirt make her seem a lot younger than she might seem.
[17:29:33] <Charm> Especially if that card was something to go on…
[17:29:52] <Noire> Clapping her hands together, Noire's eyes sparkle. "All riiight~!" With a quick dart of her eyes, they stop at the newcomer. "Er, is that one of us too?" Point, point.
[17:30:16] <Laura> "Hey Jules." Laura smiles to see a familiar face. She points to the two girls behind her and nods. "We're all here."
[17:30:23] <Lines> Huh, headphones were Lilo's thing. Maybe if this kid had really nice ones they'd be able to compare. Regardless, Lilo's hang around her neck, rather than deafening her like they frequently do. If this lady doesn't explain stuff soon… They're probably going back on. And loud.
[17:31:37] <Lecia> Lecia notes the pointing, and thinks a bit. Yeah, these are probably the others. "I think so, yeah~"
[17:31:38] <Charm> "Oh, I forgot you hadn't met. Laura Ingram, Lilo Devereux, Noire Carrole, meet Lecia Asami."
[17:32:50] <Lecia> That's 3 people starting with the letter L. How about that? "Hi everyone~"
[17:33:18] <Laura> "Hey kid. You're a, er…" Laura looks back to Julie. "She's had The Talk, then?"
[17:34:02] <Noire> "Aha! No no no, it's Carolle, like this. Good job on the first one though! And… Leh-SEE-uh?" She can't even tell if it's right or wrong, but extends a hand out in an exaggeratedly cheerful way regardless. "Good to meetcha!"
[17:34:31] <Charm> "Yeah. Found her at Comiket, one of my associates did. We talked and felt she deserved a shot."
[17:34:45] <Charm> "Anyway…shall we go inside?"
[17:35:48] <Lecia> If they're in shaking distance, she shakes hands with Noire. If not, she pretends to from a distance. "Nice to meet you too~"
[17:35:48] <Laura> Laura nods. "Let's."
[17:36:30] <Noire> "Alright~!" With even more exagerration, Noire marches toward the interior. We'll just say they shook for now, Noire's was as hyper as her disposition. Not that she didn't look the girl over a bit, first, considering her age, but that aspect got not even a shrug from her.
[17:36:56] <Charm> The five women enter the bookstore, and find…
[17:37:41] <Charm> Well, a bookstore. It looks strangely mundane. Plenty of real books, which is a bit strange - most everyone's cell phone doubles as an e-reader nowadays.
[17:39:49] <Lines> Lilo shrugs, "This place seems kinda boring, but I guess magic might be hiding in here. Oh yeah, almost forgot! I'm Lilo, Lecia." Lilo Lecia. Lilolecia. Almost a tongue twister.
[17:40:27] <Lecia> Lecia read about these in one of the older anime she watched. How fancy, in an old, antique way. Like an ancient ruin or something…an overactive imagination does Lecia some good. Lecia's eyes are everywhere.
[17:40:36] <Laura> Laura breathes in deeply. Kind of a nostalgic smell, all those books.
[17:41:20] <Charm> "So…this is what it looks like. Fairly straightforward. But before you ask, no. I don't expect you to just run the counter in this dusty relic." Julie giggles, but gets a frown from the man who is actually working the register.
[17:42:13] <Noire> "So what're we gonna do?" Her excited head tilts to the side, ponytail swaying with it. "Read all this old stuff?"
[17:42:43] <Charm> "You'll be working back here." The woman leads you all into a small office, a odd metal door at the back.
[17:43:08] <Lines> "I'll handle advertising, Lecia can be my apprentice. Laura'll help with the music, and Noire…"
[17:43:49] <Lines> "Could act in a commercial?"
[17:44:15] <Laura> "A little cramped, isn't it?" Of course, she's already weighing the odds that metal door's some kind of magic portal, but she knows she'll find out soon enough.
[17:44:17] <Noire> Smilin'. "… Yeah! Or I could, uh… lessee, what could I do, manage? That sounds fun."
[17:44:34] <Lecia> Working at a library? …she totally didn't sign up for that, but there's always more than meets the eye. The office is met with more curious gazes, especially that door…and the other girls are met with these gazes, of course. So much wonder…
[17:44:17] <Lines> 2d6+5
[17:44:17] <DiceMaid-9001> Lines, 2d6+5: 10 [2d6=2,3]
[17:44:38] <Laura> 2d6+3 oblivious.
[17:44:39] <DiceMaid-9001> Laura, oblivious.: 13 [2d6=5,5]
[17:44:47] <@Noire> 2d6+6 oboy
[17:44:49] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, oboy: 17 [2d6=5,6]
[17:44:54] <Lecia> 2d6+6
[17:44:55] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, 2d6+6: 15 [2d6=3,6]
[17:44:34] <Lecia> Working at a library? …she totally didn't sign up for that, but there's always more than meets the eye. The office is met with more curious gazes, especially that door…and the other girls are met with these gazes, of course. So much wonder…
[17:46:57] <Charm> Noire's sharp eye sees several things that look oddly out of place. First is an iris scanner mounted next to the steel door. She And Lecia see the keypad next to that. But all four of them feel an odd energy coming from a wooden cup of sorts on the desk, next to the dinosaur of a PC.
[17:48:02] <Noire> "… No it doesn't." But that's because she wasn't paying attention to the conversation, moreso glancing around at everything in the room. And she does more than glance, at that. "Whoa, all this stuff is really fancy! Is this like, some kinda secret base?"
[17:49:28] <Lecia> A keypad…is this a secret basethis could be a secret base! All this stuff…like that cup, over there. The cup is ran up to, and she peers inside. Weird, weird cup.
[17:49:28] <Charm> "You're on the right track. Now then, if you'll give me a moment…" She boots up the PC and turns on the CRT monitor…only to have the computer go as fast as a current top-end model. Certainly unexpected.
[17:49:48] <Charm> The cup is empty. And looks really old.
[17:50:17] <Lines> "Hey Lecia, where'd you buy those headphones? They look kinda like the ones I use when I'm editting music. Are you a musician?" Lilo's got more pressing stuff to think about than some unusual items or whatever in the room.
[17:50:41] <Noire> But hyper Noire spends all her time peering at the iris scanners and all that futuristic silliness. Maybe even a poke or two at them or something.
[17:52:45] <Laura> Laura's waiting patiently. Well, maybe slightly impatiently, but she knows Julie's got things under control. She stands with her hands in her pockets and fidgets.
[17:53:35] <Lecia> Old, yet full of mystery…perhaps it's a magical treasure…and perhaps she ought not touch it. Who knows what could happen? Going all 'what does this button do' was expressly forbidden back home, so yeah. A turn to Lines, and a response. "Actually, my Mom bought these, so I don't really know. But they're really good! And no, I'm not a musician. They sound pretty cool, though~" The
[17:53:35] <Lecia> accidental pun was made completely accidentally, and she didn't notice it.
[17:53:38] <Charm> "Hang on a sec Noire…okay, now you can look into the scanner. The rest of you can go in turn" It seems like the woman is setting up the scanners to accept them.
[17:54:30] <Noire> "Huh… oh, okay!" At least she can sell it's a retinal scanner. Or a something scanner. A scanner. It scans. So of course, she winks at it trying to get one eye scanned, who knows how well that'll work?
[17:55:43] <Lecia> A scanner thing? This really is a secret base, isn't it? After Noire is done, Lecia goes right to it.
[17:56:47] <Charm> Once the four girls are done scanning in, the doors open, revealing…a tiny room. Or just an elevator.
[17:57:25] <Lines> Lilo can't help but look a little disappointed; so close to having another band member! Speaking of which, she turns to Laura, "What kinda stuff have you been doing? Figure out what kinda music you want to play?"
[17:57:30] <Noire> A tiny elevator room? Noire hops in, trembling in excitement. She can barely contain it anymore.
[17:58:44] <Laura> "Me? I've been…y'know, around. Um, travelling. " Laura shoots Julie a quick glance for permission, then goes into the elevator.
[17:59:04] <Lecia> And this must be the ELEVATOR that goes far, far down, to the top secret underground base. Lecia is a bit better at containing her excitement, but man does she have a lot if it. Even with this, she's trembling.
[17:59:38] <Charm> She goes in, the others follow. After 15 seconds or so, the doors open. Lecia was right. It's a pretty incredible sight.
[17:59:44] <Noire> Noire's lips curve into a humongous smile that barely fits on her face, anyway. "Oh man, oh man~!"
[18:00:33] <Lines> "Traveling!" Lilo's eyes widen; that sounds exciting, considering she'd just been hanging around near L'Hotel Olympique. "How come you didn't take me with?"
[18:00:39] <Lecia> Lecia is unable to contain a "squee~". Oh man oh man, indeed~
[17:59:53] <Charm> Everyone roll magic. Do not apply overcharge.
[18:00:15] <Lines> 2d6+4
[18:00:16] <DiceMaid-9001> Lines, 2d6+4: 9 [2d6=2,3]
[18:00:31] <@Noire> 2d6+9 k~
[18:00:33] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, k~: 19 [2d6=5,5]
[18:00:35] <Laura> 2d6+3
[18:00:36] <DiceMaid-9001> Laura, 2d6+3: 8 [2d6=2,3]
[18:00:49] <Lecia> 2d6+9 Rollin
[18:00:50] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, Rollin: 21 [2d6=6,6]
[18:02:05] <Laura> "Oh, heh… er, didn't know you'd want to go…" Laura looks away sheepishly. "Tell you what, next time I go you can come with, okay?"
[18:02:13] <Charm> Laura and Lilo are instantly assaulted by the enormous amount of magic in the air, while Noire and Lecia merely take in the scenery. There is so much too see here…
[18:02:20] <Noire> They "squee~" in a duet as they see, well, whatever it is they see. It's incredibly silly and makes the two of them look infinitely less mature than the rest of the group.
[18:03:36] <Lecia> And the squee is well founded. So much things to see, all this wonder~, the only thing that isn't paralyzed about her at the moment is her eyes, scanning in every direction.
[18:04:10] <Noire> That makes only one of them. Noire bounces out and spins around to look at everything the second the elevator opens.
[18:04:13] <Charm> Among the various items are a gigantic wooden ship, a broadswords wedged in a large rock, several giant golden idols, and a fountain glowing with radiant light as it spews water from nothing.
[18:04:21] <Laura> Laura feels a rush of nausea. One hand flies to her mouth, and she barely manages to keep the vomit from coming out. She swallows it back down.
[18:05:17] <Laura> She glances around. Hopefully no one saw that.
[18:05:44] <Lecia> The amount of attention she pays to anyone else is nothing…well, except Noire. They browse in unison!
[18:05:56] <Noire> Once she finds some railing to lean on or something, Noire immediately rushes over to whever she can put her hands on in an excited was and shout "Whoa!" Because, that's really all she can do. "What is this place?"
[18:06:25] <Lines> What the…? Lilo's head was filled with some weird pressure, like she's a balloon about to pop. She leans against the walls of the elevator and closes her eyes for a second. She takes a moment for her system to get over the magic before she's ready to process the sights before them.
[18:07:04] <Charm> "This is the Library. Pretty much any mystical artifact from ancient lore is either here, or we're looking for."
[18:08:08] <Lecia> "…so it's like a secret base?" More looking around in pure awe. This place is "…AMMAAAZZZIIINNNGGG…" She's a bit excited.
[18:09:32] <Lines> Lilo rubs her eyes as she finally looks at the Library's unreal collection of… Artifacts, apparently. "Is this like some kind of magical hologram or something?"
[18:09:35] <Laura> "Yeah, pretty-" Laura coughs to clear her throat, "- crisp."
[18:09:39] <Noire> Nodnod. She and Lecia are going to get along to ridiculous degrees, it seems. "So… when you say we're gonna 'work' here, does that mean…?" Her head cocks to the side questioningly.
[18:10:41] <Charm> "help find the pieces we're missing. As well as investigate any supernatural threats that pop up on our radar. Everything here is very real."
[18:10:56] <Lecia> "…Get the things that you're looking for
I was right~"
[18:11:45] <Noire> "~~~~~!" How does she pronounce that? Not even Noire herself knows, but it comes out. "So we really ARE gonna be superheroes and go out and fight bad guys?"
[18:12:11] <Laura> "Right. Makes sense. Erm…" Laura looks around. "You've got a pretty nice collection already, it seems. How many more items are we looking for?"
[18:12:15] <Lines> "Haha, this place's like a magical toy store or something. Let's go exploring, I bet we'll see stuff even more wild!" Lilo moves to charge off without waiting further. It's like a magical treasure hunt, or something.
[18:13:06] <Charm> "From time to time. It's kinda like spy work. A lot of your work isn't gonna be with others, it'll be field work and extraction. But you'll see a lot of stuff, that much is for sure."
[18:13:00] <Lecia> 2d6+7 Resist urge to follow Lines and dash about~
[18:13:01] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, Resist urge to follow Lines and dash about~: 15 [2d6=4,4]
[18:13:15] <Lecia> Probably a success in resisting, woo
[18:13:16] <@Noire> 2d6+5 second'd~
[18:13:16] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, second'd~: 14 [2d6=4,5]
[18:14:09] <Lecia> Lecia resists the urge to run around with Lines. Though all of this stuff is REALLY REALLY REALLY COOL, this is a job, isn't it? Listen to the lecture…THEN run around~
[18:15:31] <Lecia> Being a spy…oh man, the many adventures she'll have~
[18:15:33] <Noire> Noire resists too, instead rushing up to Julie with a glance, spurting out a question she really shouldn't. "… So it'll be a while but we'll get to take breaks and go home, won't we? Because that thing you told us the other day was all a joke, right?"
[18:15:53] <Charm> "…" she stays silent.
[18:16:04] <Noire> "… Right?"
[18:16:17] <Lecia> "What other thing?" Oh, that poor obliviousness.
[18:16:23] <Laura> "…" is a good way to sum up Laura's response, too. Poor kid doesn't know what she's lost.
[18:16:39] <Noire> … Turning around she smiles it off. "Nevermind, it's nothing!"
[18:16:54] <Charm> "The three of you…I'm afraid there isn't anything you can do. Lecia, at least…her family still will recognize her."
[18:17:28] <Charm> "But you will have breaks and vacations available if you want them."
[18:17:57] <Noire> If Julie'd kept quiet things would be fine, but now she freezes on her steps in the other direction. One of those freezes where her mouth is wide open in shock and no words come out too, at that. Until a full minute later, a "… No way…."
[18:18:10] <Lines> Lecture later. Explore now. Just when she thinks she's gotten away to adventure, Lilo catches the question Laura asked. More importantly, she catches the answer. That's enough to bring her back for the moment, considering how directly important the matter is. "But, what if we… Like, introduced ourselves to them? They could recognize us again, then? Just remind them?"
[18:18:53] <Lecia> A head tilt. Something…something is most definitely off. Something. What's something? The conversation is watched.
[18:19:12] <Noire> "But…" A slow turn-around. "It's… just us, right? So things that happened because of us… didn't happen?" Her cheerfulness is already starting to come back.
[18:20:12] <Laura> Laura walks over to Noire and-wait, why's she cheering up? Happy she was erased? That's a little… unsettling.
[18:20:21] <Charm> "That is correct. Anything you caused by your own doing would be undone. But if any other had a hand in those events, they'd still have happened."
[18:21:45] <Noire> "So… I was the…" Whisper, whisper, to herself. "… And the…" Before suddenly, she peps up and seems happy almost to the point of tears. "All riiiight! That's the most awesome thing I've ever heard!" Not a single hint of sorrow lingers. In fact, she grabs Julie's hand after turning around with a huge smile. "Okay, when do we start?"
[18:21:58] <Lecia> Head tilt B. No, no she's not catching on. All this stuff…this doesn't involve her, right? So she doesn't need to pay attention! More glances at bright and fancy things!
[18:22:06] <Lines> "Does that mean none of my music's out there? What if I have music actually saved on my player I had with me after we got lost from the train and it has music I made with someone else… That music's impossible, but we still have the stuff, so if I showed it to my ex-partner he might remember me?"
[18:22:58] <Charm> "…if you made it with someone else, then it's still there…but you wouldn't be part of it."
[18:23:40] <Lines> "What about the copy I had WITH me that we both made?"
[18:23:41] <Charm> "However, there are more pressing matters at hand. Your first assignment."
[18:23:56] <Noire> "Right!" She lets go, mind racing with excitement. Her eyes show it.
[18:24:10] <Laura> Laura nods quickly. Changing the subject, good. "What's the job, Boss?"
[18:24:56] <Charm> "Ms. Devereux, we can discuss the terms of your…situation later. For now, focus on your mission: recovering the Sage's Stone."
[18:25:18] <Lecia> And head tilt C. …Maybe she can ask later. For now an assignment~ Now watching Juile with open eyes and ears.
[18:25:32] <Noire> "The…" Here comes head-tilt D. "Wasn't that from a thing?"
[18:26:13] <Lines> Lilo pouts and crosses her arms in a manner not befitting a 17 year old. "Hmph, just hurry up and tell us what to do, then!"
[18:27:03] <Laura> "Sage's stone?" Noire might recognize it, but Laura's clueless. "Er, you're gonna have to give me the brief on that one."
[18:27:57] <Lecia> That…there's something called a Sage's Stone in some old SWR OG DS game…but it's probably not the same. Open eyes and ears, there must be more to be explained.
[18:28:57] <Charm> "It's a powerful artifact from the age of alchemy. Can turn anything it touches into gold."
[18:29:42] <Charm> "To be fair, we've had this one from the beginning. So this is just a test mission - I had Megan hide it somewhere in town. Your job is to use your magic to find it."
[18:30:26] <Lecia> "…and we should be careful not to touch it, right?"
[18:30:31] <Laura> "Ah." Well, that's a bit lame, but Laura gets the idea. No clue who Megan is, though.
[18:30:50] <Lines> Anything? Even… Headphones? Golden headphones, okay, that's more pressing than talking to some German jerk. "Will that mess with electronics at all?"
[18:31:00] <Noire> Megan…? That provokes some pondering. "Wasn't that… oh, nevermind!"
[18:32:22] <Charm> "I wouldn't recommend touching it. And it wouldnt be well with electronics. But enough of this. Are you four ready?"
[18:33:04] <Lines> "Hey Blackie, told you Megan was legit. We should introduce her to Lecia, don't you think?"
[18:33:05] <Noire> Nodnod. "All set! We just need to… pick it up with magic and bring it here, right?"
[18:33:30] <Charm> "Pretty much."
[18:34:11] <Laura> "Or, y'know, a handkerchief. Not like it'd be hard to get that disentangled."
[18:34:13] <Noire> A slow nod with a mini-pout. "I… still think it's weird that she disappeared that one time. Guess I can say hi again, though, huh?"
[18:34:38] <Lecia> "Yeah~!" Excited, still. Seriousness, though present, can come later. For now, a mission! And a mention of Megan, whoever that is. "Megan?"
[18:35:15] <Charm> "Another of my colleagues. But she won't be talking much~"
[18:35:23] <Charm> "…what are you waiting for?"
[18:35:34] <Lines> Lilo laughed awkwardly, hoping to divert attention from the question. "Oh, yeah, she had stuff to do! Megan's this funny girl that talks really strangely. I think she has a crush on Blackie~!"
[18:35:43] <Noire> A brief glance as Lecia— maybe Laura too. "She's… uh, I forgot!" A small giggle follows, for whatever reason. "Then let's get started, 'kay?"
[18:36:10] <Laura> "Nothing." Laura heads for the elevator. "See you in a bit, Jules."
[18:37:31] <Lecia> Looking around here can also come later. Maybe right after the mission, save this seriousness for last. On the 'what are you waiting for', Lecia is off to the elevator, but not before responding to that answer. "Oh~?" Who's Blackie? Whatever, MISSION!
[18:37:33] <Charm> "Be sure to use your magic - itll help." she waves at the four as they leave.
[18:37:52] <Noire> "Gotcha!" And, twirled out.
[18:39:20] <Laura> "Travelling? Um…just around. I saw Basel; cute little city." The elevator ride up feels longer than the one down. Laura squirms.
[18:40:16] <Noire> Lecia gets approached on the ride up, with an excited grin. "So, what kinda stuff can you do? You know… magic!" Her smile never fades.
[18:41:59] <Charm> Ding! The door opens softly as the four girls pile out. Geneva is a large city…so how will they go about finding it?
[18:42:01] <Lines> The frerman girl's eyes narrow slightly, "Wanting to get away's okay, but we don't really have anything else right now. I want to go home really bad, too. It might make you feel a little better if you stop hiding away from us by traveling around. Or at least take me with you, I wanna go other places, too!"
[18:42:03] <Lecia> …Uncomfortableness in the air, quickly silenced by Noire approaching. In a dramaticly dramatic tone, she goes "Technomagic!" Followed by a return to a normal voice. "I can make and mess with all kinds of machines~"
[18:44:12] <Lecia> And on entry to the city…how is she supposed to find it with magic? …maybe if she focuses really hard, she can get a general idea…
[18:44:21] <Laura> Laura brushes Lilo off and turns to the task at hand. "So! Geneva's a big city. What I'm proposing is this:""
[18:44:21] <Noire> "Whoa, that really is awesome!" Her smile curves in a really awkward way. "I think… all I can do is make stuff float or something. Heavier, too. But I'm SURE there's some cool way to use it, huh?"
[18:46:01] <Lines> Fine, be that way. Lilo turns to Lecia, "Technomagic? Don't mess with my stuff! I wonder if that's similar to my magic. I had some speakers and a microphone when I used magic, but I haven't really tried it out."
[18:47:32] <Laura> "We can probably sense the Stone by… I dunno, focussing on it. Everything in that room seemed to radiate magic, so this prolly works the same way. We'll spread out and search block-by-block until someone picks up the scent."
[18:48:16] <Lecia> "There's a cool way to use anything~" And a turn to Lilo. "Don't worry, I won't mess with your stuff unless you ask me to~" Which might not happen, but whatever. And focus…maybe like this…
[18:48:21] <Noire> Nod. "Yeah. How'll we get in contact? Uh, phones or something?" Instinctively almost, by this point she's reaching for her own.
[18:49:04] <Laura> Laura has hers out already. "Yeah. Assuming these things still work…"
[18:49:43] <Charm> They seem to.
[18:49:52] <Noire> "Well, they'd better! Here you go~" Exchanging, exchanging. Lines probably already has it.
[18:49:59] <Lines> Lilo turns to Noire. Phones? "Yes? Oh." Right, wrong phones. She turns back to Lecia, "Well, I've played with my stuff a little bit before, so I think I'll probably be alright!"
[18:50:36] <Lecia> She gets out her little computer thing she was playing on earlier. Yep, this works~ Exchanging, exchanging~
[18:51:43] <Lines> And of course Lilo's happy to give out her number. That poses an interesting question, though; why do they have service if they don't exist and these phones should exist somewhere else bought by a different person?
[18:52:53] <Lecia> Isn't it obvious? Magic. Though it's not like she can answer it like that, though. She didn't hear the question.
[18:53:16] <Lines> (Not that anyone has to worry about answering said question, because Lilo probably doesn't care enough to ask or think about it further!)
[18:54:26] <Noire> Nobody will ever have the answer, because nobody will ever be asked. At least Noire is hyped to go to work, twirling out as soon as the elevator stops. That is, assuming it DOES stop.
[18:54:51] <Charm> It stopped a while ago.
[18:54:56] <Lecia> Didn't it stop like 12 minutes ago?
[18:55:07] <Lecia> It totally did stop like 13 minutes ago.
[18:55:19] <Noire> Right, it did. Why are they all still in the same place then?
[18:56:08] <Lecia> Because she's trying to see if she got any feedback from thinking about the object with some magical might. So far, no sense of feedback at all, which explains why she just went off.
[18:57:25] <Lines> "Well, you're the expert, Lecia. Lead us to victory!"
[18:57:41] <Charm> She felt the feedback - it just didn't make her sick.
[18:58:33] <Noire> "Hey hey, lemme help too!" A big, wicked grin. "Who wants to try flying around town~?"
[18:58:42] <Lecia> Well if there is feedback, she's certainly going towards that feeling. And when did she become an expert? Oh no matter. "To victory!" And she most definitely went off.
[18:59:54] <Lecia> 2d6+9 Let's roll magic again
[18:59:55] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, Let's roll magic again: 19 [2d6=6,4]
[19:00:05] <@Noire> 2d6+9 k- oh god I hope you realize what you did
[19:00:06] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, k- oh god I hope you realize what you did: 15 [2d6=5,1]
[19:00:15] <Lecia> 1d6 Oops I pressed it
[19:00:15] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, Oops I pressed it: 5 [1d6=5]
[19:06:24] <Charm> Lecia can feel a tug in one direction. But another tug inside her soul is taking her attention.
[19:07:30] <Lecia> Tugoops. Maybe the victory thing riled her up too much? Still, they have to find it somehow, right?
[19:09:08] <Charm> They do. But Lecia had her own issues, she cant stop whatever is happening. That's not good…
[19:10:00] <Noire> Noire was only so far away in her own search when this happened
in fact, she was probably still right there when it did. So, her personal reaction was more of a shock than anything else.
[19:15:06] <Lecia> …well, there you have it. You know what happens during the normal transformation? All that happens, in a slightly different sense. Black silhouette, instantly. The transformation is much more rushed, the structure loading is slightly blocky, the coloring is slightly off, and it all happens a bit too fast. It then works on readjusting things to be the way they should be which takes slightly
[19:15:06] <Lecia> longer, and DONE, with a quick gasp of shock from Lecia's end.
[19:16:13] <Noire> "Whoa!" Hyper Noire diverts her attention, focusing a bit to make her own body weigh a little less; enough so to float over to where poor Lecia stood. "You alright?"
[19:16:28] <Lines> Oh, hell no. Not again. Lilo rushes to try to help Lecia… Somehow. Too late for that, but at least she knows by now that slapping someone turns them back to normal if they go crazy. "It'sokayit'sokayit'sokay!"
[19:19:31] <Lecia> And then a head shake. God, that was exhausting. Some heavy breathing, but… "…It…it's that way, I'm sure." Breath. She points in the direction she felt the feedback she got. "Don't worry, I'll be fine….why did that even happen anyway…" Breath.
[19:21:15] <Lecia> …Why is this even on? Think, maybe it can go away, that shouldn't be here right now…
[19:21:24] <Charm> Now that they all are thinking about, they can kinda sense something in the direction Lecia indicated. The shock of the sudden transformation didn't help matters…
[19:21:45] <Noire> Head-tilt. "Weird… why did that happen? Does that really happen?" Obliviousness spouts from her eyes, probably much to Lines' dismay. "Uh… okay! Let me try too!" With a bit of focusing, she resonates magic as well, noting the direction and giving herself incentive to nod along.
[19:22:30] <Lines> Huh. Maybe going crazy when you transform isn't a normal thing. Noire should probably get that checked out. "Well, if you're already going full magic, I guess you've figured out where WAIT NO BLACKIE, don't do that!"
[19:23:01] <Lines> "I… mean… Lecia's got it, so don't insult her ability!"
[19:23:03] <Noire> … She stops focusing, successfully noting the direction. She stops floating too, in fact. "Huh? What's wrong?"
[19:23:23] <Noire> "… Oh!" Sticking her tongue out, a fist conks herself on the head. "Sorry 'bout that! Okay, let's go."
[19:24:52] <Lecia> …no, no that didn't quite work. Can't let this go…She's certainly trying, but…maybe they should get it before someone else runs into it…hmmmmmemph. She goes towards the direction she pointed in, trying to keep her head together, but not thinking enough to just stand still a while.
[19:27:34] <Charm> As they follow the magical "scent", Noire feels a strange call, something stirring in her soul…it wants out.
[19:29:12] <Noire> A bit worried, the blonde stays by her side instead of floating off like she would've loved to. Or at least, her personality would make that seem like the case. Giggling along, a hand suddenly moves itself to her face with Lines watching, covering one eye in a VERY familiar notion. As her knees grow weak and tremble, the one eye that isn't covered suddenly changes from brown to a bright purple color.
[19:29:58] <Noire> … Before changing back after a few seconds, as Noire stands and shakes her head. "Whoa, what was that?"
[19:30:01] <Lines> "Hey, Blackie, look at me for a minute! Are you feeling okay?"
[19:30:36] <Lines> There is no stopping a visible sigh of relief at Noire not changing.
[19:30:45] <Noire> Very brown eyes look back, she even manages a smile. "Yeah, just a weird feeling! Probably nothing."
[19:30:52] <Lecia> Lecia is 100% focused on trying NOT to be the magical girl, at least for now. Calm down, calm down, calm down…
[19:31:07] <Laura> Laura jogs a bit to catch up. It figures they'd wander off on her, but on the plus side they seemed to have the gernal direction of the Stone. Why they were acting so weird was another matter, though…
[19:31:52] <Lecia> And why one of them is full on transformed, too. Matter of that, that could totally explain something.
[19:33:04] <Lines> Crisis averted, Lilo continues trailing after Lecia. She seems to have the right idea with where they're headed, but didn't look too happy. But… What will happen if Noire transforms again? That can't happen!
[19:33:12] <Laura> "Whoa, um… Mechgal? Is it alright to walk around like that in broad daylight?"
[19:33:54] <Charm> That's likely a good point to make, but so far no one has made any comments about it. You'd think someone would notice…
[19:34:13] <Lecia> Calm down calm down calm down calm down "…No…but…" Calm down calm down calm down
[19:34:15] <Noire> Noire happily walks… floats with a smile, no idea what's wrong. No idea that she transformed beyond the very first time, either, by the looks of things. "I bet she's just excited! Isn't it easier to find stuff like that, anyway?"
[19:35:02] <Laura> "Wha-! And you! Cut out that floating! That's even worse!"
[19:35:19] <Lines> "Laura! You're brilliant! She can be the mascot for our band, we'll play up the robo theme!"
[19:35:25] <Noire> "… Oops!" Her tongue sticks out with a quick landing. "Wasn't thinking!"
[19:35:35] <Charm> Lecia's calmness finally is enough to undo the transformation, although she feels very exhausted and more than a bit sore from the energy expended
[19:37:28] <Lecia> Calm down calm down..calm down. "…whew…can't get too carried away. If we're bringing this thing to a secret base, we can't get too much attention, right? …I can be a mascot?" And the cheeriness, despite how sore and tired she is, still shines at this.
[19:38:05] <Charm> After about half an hour of walking, they find what is sure to be where the Sage's stone is hiding. After all, none of you have seen this many solid golden statues before.
[19:38:53] <Lines> "So, you're in then, right Lecia? You'll be some kinda star!" That's perfect. Future dubtechnoelectronicarobostep band with Laura on vocals, Lilo could produce the music, and Lecia could go all robo magical girl and tell everyone it's a costume to go with the theme. Perfect mascot! …Noire still needs a role, though. "Yeah, you'd be awesome, Leciabot. Leciatron? Leciatonic? …Lecia works
[19:38:53] <Lines> for now, I guess."
[19:38:58] <Laura> "Yup, that's definitely suspicious."
[19:39:34] <Noire> Good point. Noire finds herself being a little nervous, having randomly started floating a few times on accident. In fact, she focuses on a few of the smaller statues to have them lift themselves while walking by, just to get a hang on her powers. Only the small ones though, because it seems like she's gonna need it.
[19:39:40] <Charm> The most interesting object, however, is some kind of archway that is shimmering with energy, barring access to the backlot of golden statues.
[19:40:28] <Laura> "And /that's/ downright unnatural." Laura pauses before the archway. "Any plans, gals?"
[19:41:06] <Lecia> …what's a bunch of golden statues doing around with no one gazing at them? Is…can anyone even see themMASCOT. "Sure~" And then she can be a star~ But for now…nice gate.
[19:41:14] <Noire> A sudden realization. "… You know, did we ever find out what this thing looks like? What if it's something that's just lying around and we, like, accidentally step on it?" She's totally out of focus, not even noticing the archway. Walking forward toward it, in fact.
[19:42:29] <@Noire> 2d6+6 IS IT MAGICAL?
[19:42:31] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, IS IT MAGICAL?: 11 [2d6=4,1]
[19:42:45] <Laura> 2d6+7 WILL IT BLEND?
[19:42:46] <DiceMaid-9001> Laura, WILL IT BLEND?: 13 [2d6=1,5]
[19:43:03] <Lecia> 2d6+6 nice gate
[19:43:03] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, nice gate: 10 [2d6=1,3]
[19:42:04] <Lines> "I guess somebody has to bust through, then we walk in and grab it. It'll be nothing."
[19:42:18] <Laura> "Then you'll end up with a golden shoe. Actually, to be safe, we should put on gloves or something."
[19:42:57] <Lecia> "Maybe if it turns everything it touches into gold…maybe it looks gold?" She follows Noire, not completely aware of the barring part, unless the shimmering energy looks solid enough.
[19:43:28] <Noire> "Oh, yeah!" Nodnod. "I thought I'd just make it light enough so someone could, like, hit it with something and bat it back to base or something… maybe the wind could do it?"
[19:44:25] <Lecia> "…maybe I could make a storage machine…" Thinking…
[19:44:31] <Laura> Laura, for her own part, puts her biker gloves back on. She's glad she opted for a version with fingers.
[19:44:58] <Laura> "Yeah, my plan was to grab it with a bandanna. Something that wouldn't be too heavy made of solid gold."
[19:45:11] <Lecia> Thinking or not, she's most definitely going towards the gate.
[19:46:15] <Lines> Lilo walks towards the gate as well, taking a look down at the ground. Maybe there were rocks?
[19:46:18] <Noire> "Don't worry, we'll figure it out when we get there! … Um, wait a sec, it looks like there's some kinda freaky magic or something in there. Mind if I try?" With a bit of focus, some tiny rock or something is picked up
actually, just to be fancy, it's made so light that it floats up to her hand before she takes a deep breath and throws it at the shimmering gate.
[19:46:33] <Noire> Assuming there ARE rocks, of course.
[19:47:22] <Charm> There are some pebbles around. One flies through the glimmering aura and *tink*s against a golden garden gnome.
[19:47:45] <Noire> The rock itself just… lands?
[19:47:49] <Laura> "No effect? Hmm…"
[19:47:58] <Noire> "Alright, we're good! Onward~!"
[19:48:30] <Lecia> ONWARD, she has been going~
[19:48:45] <Noire> And now she's followed.
[19:50:29] <Laura> "Right. C'mon, Phones." Laura follows them, though at enough of a distance to see what happens as they enter the gate.
[19:50:31] <Charm> As soon as Lecia steps through the barrier, her mind is swarmed by millions of disembodied voices. She can't process anything through the mass of spam.
[19:51:40] <Charm> Noire stops as soon as she steps through the arch as well.
[19:51:49] <Lecia> 2d6+7 IMPACT
[19:51:50] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, IMPACT: 12 [2d6=4,1]
[19:51:59] <@Noire> 2d6+5 coolan?
[19:52:01] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, coolan?: 12 [2d6=4,3]
[19:52:30] <Lecia> IMPACT. Oh god the voices oh god the voices…Her head is clutched. Bad idea, bad idea. Don't go through those.
[19:52:40] <Lines> Lilo hesitates seeing the other girls stop. They weren't turning into gold, were they? "Hey, hey! Are you guys okay?"
[19:53:13] <Noire> Noire's face freezes as a smile as she makes her way through, as well. In fact, her whole body freezes.
[19:53:17] <Charm> They weren't turning into gold. That much was evident. But it was possible they were turning into something worse…
[19:53:31] <Noire> … Then one strand of her hair turns silver.
[19:53:42] <Noire> Then another. Then some more.
[19:54:19] <Laura> Laura rushes forward. "Shit, shit!" Before the process can get any further, she tries to pull Noire back from the gate.
[19:55:06] <Noire> As a response, Noire turns her head back to see what's coming… and both her eyes are a bright purple, with a stoic facial expression that slowly curves into a smile.
[19:55:48] <Charm> Laura isn't able to go much farther than the others before she too is affected by the gate's apparent magic
[19:56:25] <Lecia> Whatever the case, she's not quite able to hear, due to…crap, this again. The loading is rushed much quicker, and a majority of the time is spent fixing everything that broke. The fixing is pretty damn slow, too.
[19:56:08] <Laura> roll cool?
[19:56:22] <Laura> 2d6+7
[19:56:23] <DiceMaid-9001> Laura, 2d6+7: 19 [2d6=6,6]
[19:56:38] <Lecia> TOO COOL
[19:57:30] <Lines> "No! Don't give in, Blackie! Noir!" Lilo cautiously steps forward to help her, but freezes in front of the barrier. Damn it, that thing felt bad, bad, bad.
[19:58:00] <Lecia> Fix head fix head fix head WALK FOWARD fix head fix head…
[19:58:11] <Laura> Laura stops in her tracks. They're both through the portal already - the damage is done, and she can feel the same effect starting to wash over her. She recoils from the archway and watches helplessly.
[19:58:44] <Noire> Her clothes explode, then her underwear explodes too. Usual stuff. Her usual outfit forms in the usual place, ribbon-around-neck, etc. Hair exploding, the ponytail as undone as her hair spreads to her shoulders, streaks of silver plastering all of it. There are no pupils in her purple eyes as the boots, detached sleeves, etc form themselves as well. Most importantly is the fact that instantaneously, a big stick forms in front of her, with a sickle attached to a chain at the end of it. Giggling a little, she holds it close to her chest upon landing.
[19:59:55] <Laura> "L-Lilo…? Don't go through that."
[20:01:33] <Noire> "Hu… huhuhu…" It can't be 'fufufu' because she isn't Japanese and can't pronounce that. So it continues. "Huhuhuhahahahaha… hahahaha! Is that it?" When mobile again, she'll take a couple steps forward and turn to stare at the arch. Glare at it, even. Her voice sounds much different than usual— less energetic, anyway.
[20:02:30] <Lecia> Who knows if she has any success with that walking. But she is definitely holding her head, trying to get as far away from that arch as possible…on the end they should be going, of course. When will this attack cease…
[20:03:00] <Lines> …Yeah, that was probably a good idea. Whatever that magical veil is, Lilo's terrified by it and backs a step or two away. "Pillow! What's happening?" …Calling her Pillow at a time like this felt inappropriate, but force of habit prevailed.
[20:03:09] <Charm> It takes a few seconds before Lecia's filtering kicks in as the voices in her head died down.
[20:04:42] <Laura> Laura reaches out and places one hand protectively between Lilo and the gateway. "Noire? Lecia? You guys alright?"
[20:06:13] <Noire> "I… oh, that's who you are." Looking back down, her pupil-less purple eyes make her statement sound so much more blunt. One hand covers an eye, grasping a lot of hair in it, while she takes a couple deep breaths to stop giggling. Of course, she leans on her apparent weapon while doing so. "… Are you coming?"
[20:06:44] <Lecia> Think and calm think and calm…the voices and tugging die once again. "…I-I'm OK…but…maybe there's a way around the gate…or…maybe I can just get it so no one else has to go through…" She's totally lying, she is obviously in some form of pain.
[20:07:41] <Lines> Lilo's voice drops to a quiet whisper to the closest girl, Laura. "When Bl-Noire transforms with magic… She changes."
[20:08:32] <Laura> Laura nods slowly. "Got it." She raises her voice so Lecia can hear: "That's probably a good idea. Anything we can do for you from here?"
[20:08:49] <Noire> Wearing a permanent smile with creepy silver-streaked hair in a totally different style now, she shifts to hold her weapon in both hands. "AhahahahaHAHAHA! Is that ALL the problem is?" Chainscythe held back, she raises herself to have NO solid ground, floating a bit. "Then let's… get rid of it!" She seems like she's totally about to attack the thing.
[20:10:47] <Lecia> And a focus to attention, now. Noire…that's what she looks…acts like when she transforms? …coming? Isn't that a little painful to do? What's with her? "…I'll manage, but…what's with Noire?"
[20:12:57] <Laura> Laura enunciates clearly and authoritatively: "Noire. That won't be necessary. Retrieve the Sage's Stone and cross back through the gate when you have it."
[20:14:39] <Noire> Deep breath, deep breath, deep breath. Letting go, a hand grips at her face as she bends over forward again, barely able to contain her stability. "That's… you're…" Giggling, albeit muffled, calms itself down gradually. "O… kay. Stone… stone, stone, stone…. stonestonestonestonestone…"
[20:14:55] <Lines> Lilo steps further backif Noire lost control of her powers and started using them at random last time, having accidentally transformed on her own, what would something like THIS thing make her do? There had to be some way to help… Slapping her? Would that work after someone else's magic made it happen? Plus it'd mean going through the gate.
[20:15:36] <Charm> Well, Laura went through…strained, but untransformed. So it was possible, at least.
[20:16:23] <Lecia> …what's with Noire? She's…really scary…but, unaware as to what's going on, Lecia can only make an attempt to finish calming down, and perhaps know what the heck is going on.
[20:17:28] <Lines> But Laura also explicity told her not to, afterwards. Even if it didn't cause a transformation, there was obviously something very wrong with it, and 2/3 people who went through DID transform AND clearly be hurt.
[20:17:43] <Laura> Laura turns to Lilo. "New plan. Let's transform on this side and then cross. That way we're at least doing it on our terms."
[20:18:44] <Noire> "Ahaha… stone… stone… stonestonestone…" Landing, she stumbles while walking, but very slowly attempts to calm herself down and make her way forward toward whatever.
[20:20:26] <Lines> Lilo nodded hesitantly, "I'll trust you, but we have to make this fast. I don't want to be in there long." …She could still feel what a bad idea this is, but abandoning them wasn't an option. Pillow's plan's the lesser of two evils.
[20:22:20] <Noire> Stumbling a little more… SNAP. The giggling comes back in full force and without warning, various statues and whatnot are lifted from the ground through weightlessness and then slammed against each other, slammed against the ground, et cetera. She's suddenly lifting everything in her path to get to the stone, even slashing a few. "Where is it… WHERE IS IT?" More cackling. "Is it… this way?"
[20:23:18] <Laura> With that, Laura takes a few steps back and draws on her memory of the first time she transformed. This time around, the process is fast: a fireball of exploding petroleum enveloped her, and suddenly her t-shirt and jeans had been replaced by a leather jumpsuit with red trim. Her hair was also significantly longer, and streamed to one side in a blast of wind only she could feel.
[20:23:35] <Lecia> And after enough sitting around, maybe some thought can actually happen. They have to get this stone. They can't flop about, no matter what happens! Towards that feeling, she goes, even if she has to risk following not Noire
oh god maybe she can go on her ownNO THAT'S SELFISH AND WRONG DON'T THINK THAT more following, despite being terrified at this point.
[20:24:36] <Lecia> And of course, searching. They can find it, they can get out of here, and all can be well.
[20:25:10] <Lines> The ominous sound of an organ drifts from no visible source. Notes corresponding with the music appear out of thin air around Lilo, wrapping around and swallowing her up. They glow and fade, leaving a white skirt with the notes from before printed across it. A few loose notes spiral together, losing their form and gaining that of her futuristic headphones and stereos as the music vanishes.
[20:25:36] <Noire> Smash, smash, slash, slash. 'Not-Noire' devotes herself to flying around like the batshit lunar queen she looks like and throwing around objects in a whirlwind, searching for anything that looks… well, less breakable than the rest. That's seriously her logic right now.
[20:26:54] <Charm> Well, her breaking shot isn't helping much in terms of finding something that is supposed to be quite small…
[20:28:18] <Lines> Lilo took a deep breath and stepped forward, "Are you ready, Pillow?"
[20:28:46] <Laura> Laura nods. "Ready to roll. Let's do this."
[20:28:48] <Lecia> But maybe searching with this nice 16 could help?
[20:29:49] <Charm> Lecia…can spot several things that look kinda close to the description. Probably would have found it had there not been so many bits of statue about.
[20:30:36] <Lines> "Wait! I have an idea!"
[20:30:43] <Lines> "What if we tear this thing down?"
[20:31:55] <Lines> Fury or aggro to rip down the veil?
[20:32:06] <Charm> Fury to try
[20:34:46] <Lines> 2d6+8 Go time
[20:34:47] <DiceMaid-9001> Lines, Go time: 16 [2d6=2,6]
[20:34:52] <Lines> 1d6
[20:34:52] <DiceMaid-9001> Lines, 1d6: 3 [1d6=3]
[20:34:56] <Lecia> YOU HAVE FURY
[20:32:19] <Laura> "The…gate?" Hadn't that idea already been proposed by the insane person? "Dunno. Maybe we could, but…"
[20:32:48] <Lines> "We don't have to rip everything up, just this magic thing."
[20:32:50] <Lecia> …looking about…oh man, this mess. But one of these things would make it turn to solid gold if it was touched, right? And because she's still sort of transformed, just taking out a floating piece of what might pretty much be scrap metal is easy. And so a poor excuse of a machine is MAGICALLY CREATED, and then directed to float around and touch anything that might fit the bill. Touch
[20:32:50] <Lecia> about, hope it's not oblitherated in the meanwhile…
[20:37:37] <Lines> A whirring noise comes from the stereos as their speakers spiral. "Let's tear this thing d-" Woops, started already. Classic screamo death metal erupts from the speakers in the form of sonic waves. Visible silver rings are emitted silently, but suddenly explode into the offensive noise.
[20:38:35] <Lecia> Oh god death metal. Just like that one…it was some other dark god final boss, yeah…come on, she better make this thing gold some time.
[20:39:08] <Charm> The gate holds still, and sends Lilo's senses inside out. But the sonic waves do a fair amount of damage to the still-floating statue parts. Lecia can determine that the stone is somewhere in that mess…
[20:40:28] <Lecia> And that's why she's getting a machine to feel around for her. A scrap metal of a machine, no less. When it turns gold, she's found it! It's like treasure hunting~
[20:40:50] <Noire> "… Hahahaha!" Suddenly, rushing back, the 'insane person' practically smells the destruction and holds her weapon outright. "Are you finally doing it? I want to… I want to… I want to!" With a cackle she holds the stick behind her, throwing it out forward as the blade shimmers with some sort of lunar light and gives off the illusion of increasing in size through light reflection or something silly. She has no idea it's a BAD idea to attack this thing.
[20:40:56] <@Noire> 2d6+5 I'M INSANE
[20:40:58] <DiceMaid-9001> Noire, I'M INSANE: 13 [2d6=4,4]
[20:41:02] <@Noire> NOT INSANE ENOUGH THOUGH
[20:41:41] <Lecia> PRETTY INSANE, JUST NOT QUITE
[20:41:26] <Lecia> Oh god they're attacking the gate. A second machine is sent to mess about, to make this a bit faster. Gotta go fast…
[20:42:01] <Lines> The musical magical girl falls backwards, briefly dazed by the magical feedback. That's hardly enough to stop her, though, as she springs right back up.
[20:42:11] <Laura> Laura nods her head knowingly. "Indestructible, eh? Well, no two ways about it, then. Yo Cia! Any luck over there?"
[20:43:00] <Lines> "It's not indestructible! I just didn't hit it hard enough!"
[20:43:16] <Noire> "Break break break BREAK BREAK BREAK~!"
[20:43:29] <Lecia> Looking hard looking hard…the lack of response shows that there isn't much luck and she's a bit wrapped up in this and oh god all this scary
[20:44:31] <Charm> Noire's attack not only fails to do any damage, but she feels a pulling from inside her soul before something snaps.
[20:44:46] <Lecia> 2d6+12 SEARCH
[20:44:47] <DiceMaid-9001> Lecia, SEARCH: 21 [2d6=6,3]
[20:45:50] <Charm> Lecia finally feels a jolt of magic as the scrap metal she found is a different color than it was before…
[20:45:54] <Charm> She found something!
[20:46:20] <Noire> It's a pleasant snap, though. When the blade slams against the gate it resonates, causing her to shiver while floating in the air; her eyes close as well, with a tremble, before the chain retracts as if automatically and she falls on the ground with a THUD.
[20:47:10] <Lecia> Probably the color of SOLID GOLD! This probably causes the poor thing to fall over right next to the object in question, as things made out of nothing but gold don't have a fuel source. "Found it!"
[20:47:34] <Laura> "Noire!" Laura's already in motion before she hits the ground. She rushes over to the girl's motionless form, heedlessly crossing through the gate to kneel at her side.
[20:48:02] <Noire> … Opening those eyes of hers, they're suddenly a lot brighter. Dull and.. less anime-looking, for one. But the costume and the silver streaks are still there. She blinks. Twice. Three times. Eight times. "… Whoa! What just happened? Why am I…?"
[20:48:45] <Charm> To Lilo and Lecia, it almost looked like Laura warped to where Noire was.
[20:49:57] <Lines> From the other side of the gate, Lilo calls out, "Blackie! Is it you again? Move, you guys; I'm gonna finally tear this thing down."
[20:50:04] <Laura> "It's okay… you're okay." Laura helps her to sit up, casting a worried glance back toward Lilo.
[20:51:02] <Noire> "I… how'd I get…" She blinks a few more times, as if drowsy. And drowsy she definitely is, standing to her feet with help instead of just sitting up. And then with her usual clueless expression, a glance around.
[20:52:43] <Lecia> And for some reason, two voices go in her head…or is it those machines at her sides talking in whatever language machines talk in, that no one else could understand? 'Guess that thing is in luck.' 'Why?' 'It just got better in every way. It's more valuble, people will admire it more, it's a better conversation partner…' A resounding dohohoho is heard, but instantly shrugged off. That
[20:52:43] <Lecia> was totally her imagination. And now, for how to carry it, with everyone being so busy
waitasecond, is Noire back to normal? Warp? Confused, but ultimately in business mode, she makes another machine to properly store the thing that it touched. This takes a bit more effort, but a strange device is made, which targets the lucky super stone to get sucked up in the machine…where thanks to
[20:52:43] <Lecia> some fancy technology, it doesn't touch a wall inside the device. Woo.
[20:53:49] <Lines> …But she stops and looks around. That music she suddenly heard was not encouragingwho was playing that? Somehow, it felt like it was coming from herself. Fine. She holds off on attacking, at least for the moment.
[20:55:31] <Charm> What mattered was they had the stone…right?
[20:55:38] <Laura> Laura looks over to make sure Lecia has the stone under control, then turns to Noire. "I'll explain later. Let's get you back through that gate first, okay?"
[20:56:18] <Lecia> Totally. "Got it! Can we stop hitting things now?"
[20:57:17] <Noire> Headshake headshake. "Gotcha! Let's… uh, need help?" Still a little drowsy, she makes it to her feet and focuses on whatever the stone's held in, in an attempt to make it less of a pain to carry or have float around or whatever. In fact, she floats herself as soon as she's able.
[20:59:15] <Lecia> Help? Yes. With the stone? no. She holds the really fancy not-gold container, and…oh, the gate. "…um…sort of…" The PAIN. The Noire going crazy. BAD THINGS.
[20:59:49] <Lecia> "….that is a BAD GATE…" There, that's about right.
[21:00:54] <Lines> "Everyone! Let's all just get over here, away from the gate, and get out."
[21:01:20] <Noire> "Would… that really work?"
[21:01:49] <Charm> Well…the gate is the only way back.
[21:01:53] <Lecia> But according to the sight she's seeing…she has to go through the gate to do that. "…a little problem with that…"
[21:03:29] <Laura> "Right. I'll go first." Laura advances through the gate, back to the same side as Lilo.
[21:03:56] <Noire> "The last thing I remember is that gate… it's…" A hand raises itself to her hand with a gasp. "Holy crap! Was I possessed?!"
[21:04:27] <Charm> As laura steps back through, her wardrobe reverts to her street clothes as the gate's inherent magic teased her spirit before letting her pass.
[21:05:21] <Charm> It feels kind of ticklish.
[21:05:32] <Laura> Back to normal? "Seems safe, gals. Go ahead."
[21:05:38] <Lines> "Blackie, we need to talk about this. When you transform, you don't act like yourself. You've done this once before." Definitely a blunt way to go, but would she understand any other way?
[21:06:18] <Lecia> Possessed? That…sounds about right. "…you acted possessed…" And…as for the gate passing… that seems…much less painful. Maybe…maybe she can go through…BE BRAVE…walking through…
[21:07:38] <Noire> "I… what?" A blank stare. So blank, in fact, that her eyes flicker between the two colors, in a very mary sue-ish fashion. "… What?"
[21:07:49] <Charm> Lecia also emerges, untransformed and looking (and feeling) much better for the wear.
[21:08:13] <Lines> "You act all crazy, and not 'funny haha I'm so wild' crazy. Like someone that's insane."
[21:08:51] <Noire> FLICKER FLICKER FLICKER. She stands in place, barely able to move at all much less move through the gate. "There's no way… I'm totally fine… I can't be a schizo or anything, that's crazy!"
[21:09:36] <Noire> "Hahaha… that's a worse joke than the erasing thing." VWOOP. And suddenly, while still on the magical side of the gate, she turns into a heterochromiac. 'Oh boy, here we go' says it all.
[21:10:24] <Lecia> …ah, that was refreshing. Must be a one-way gate. But the good feeling goes poof as she sees and hears the person she just got along with so well start to go part crazy again. Such is draining on the spirit…
[21:11:09] <Lines> "…We'll talk about it later. Can we go home, now? I really want to go home."
[21:12:05] <Noire> Bliiiiiink. Closing her eyes for a LOT of seconds and shaking it off, the purple eye goes back to a boring brown. "Right, sorry!" And then she dashes through the gate as quickly as she's able.
[21:12:30] <Lecia> Going home sounds pretty nice
NO IT DOESN'T STOP BEING LIKE THAT. Going back? Yes, definitely. "Well, the faster this is delivered, the better. I'm gonna go straight there!" And dash. This is all a bit much.
[21:13:09] <Charm> And brown eyes peer back on the rest of the group as the lunar costume vanishes. Of course, Lecia is the one with the Stone…
[21:13:22] <Laura> Laura nods. "Yeah, let's get this done. And afterwards, um… why don't we all get pizza? My treat."
[21:13:44] <Lecia> "Pizza sounds great~!" Still running.
[21:14:23] <Noire> Her brown eyes sparkle, hands clapped together. "Really?!" Without even waiting for an answer, she shakes off all thought of being apparently batshit insane and de-weightifies the group with some effort. Since they're in the middle of nowhere right now, best that they all fly back.
[21:16:15] <Lines> "Thanks, Pillow!" …For more than just the pizza. Changing the subject was also much appreciated. Just thinking about Not-Noire made Lilo feel sick. "So… What kind do you like?"
[21:17:02] <Charm> With the increased pace and lack of magical distractions, it's less than 20 minutes by the time the party returns to the bookstore.
[21:17:37] <Laura> "Pepperoni & sausage! The greasier, the better!" Laura smiles to herself. Thanks for playing along, kiddo.
[21:18:57] <Lecia> Lecia is the first one there, given how she was dashing earlier. She's probably out of sight right now, machine thing safely tucked away, out of right.
[21:19:44] <Charm> "So…run in to any snags?" Julie is at the counter, a wry smirk on her face.
[21:20:35] <Lecia> A deep breath. Let's see…forced transformation, the gate, Noire going batshit…"3."
[21:20:36] <Laura> "Nope. No problem," replies Laura, but does her best to shoot Julie a 'we'll talk later' glance.
[21:21:57] <Charm> "I see…well, at the very least you passed, so I guess I can officially hire you. She hands each of the girls an envelope.
[21:22:15] <Noire> "Ehehe…" She rubs her head, landing to the ground. "Right. W-Well, we did find it!"
[21:22:41] <Laura> Laura takes it and rips it open with gusto. Money, is what she's expecting.
[21:23:13] <Lecia> A placing of the machine thing containing the stone on the counter, not gold thanks to all the fancy, as she carefully opens the envelope. Suspense…!~
[21:23:47] <Charm> It's…not money. But it almost is as good. ATM card, a key, and a new cell phone.
[21:23:48] <Lines> Lilo shreds hers open, as well, being just careful enough not to destroy whatever's inside. Whatever it was, it better be good after going through all that trouble!
[21:24:52] <Charm> "Your adventures will be taking you around the globe…so giving you cash isn't exactly viable. It's much easier to just let you draw from your own accounts. You'll be paid every other week."
[21:25:22] <Noire> Noire's thoughts are still rambling themselves. She tries for an energetic "thanks" but it doesn't come out quite right, having been the last one to tear hers open.
[21:25:23] <Laura> An ATM card! Laura thought back ruefully to the scene she made at the bank, and wonders if Julie saw that, too.
[21:25:40] <Lecia> …fancy, fancy, it's a card, a key…for something, and a cell phone! Only she has a cell phone thing already, but…handy card, yeah~ And who knows about the key? Oh, she can have that answered. "…what's the key for?"
[21:26:35] <Charm> "The key will let you into the bookstore, in case it's closed for the night and you're needed for a mission. And the phone…well, I figured it would be nice to give you a present. Don't expect anything for Christmas, though!"
[21:27:07] <Charm> For what it's worth, this phone is pretty much a computer. It's that good.
[21:28:03] <Lecia> She has one exactly like this. But maybe it's newer? It could be newer, the one she has is actually pretty old. Either case, a present is still a present. "Thank you~"
[21:28:45] <Charm> "Normally I'd debrief you about your last mission, but since this was just practice, I think this is enough for now. If you girls have any concerns, you know where to find me~"
[21:30:04] <Noire> In the 2050s, they'd ALL better be like that. Noire cheers herself up by pushing buttons and… well, she already had a slightly older model, so it's already being set up as it is. "Hee hee hee… do we know when you'll need us again?" Stop thinking about it, stop thinking about it.
[21:30:36] <Laura> Laura does know where to find her. And she will, later on. She's got some concerns about the, ah… operational readiness of one of her colleagues.
[21:30:52] <Lecia> Concerns VS Pizza. The first true battle—no that can wait too. Though there's things she does want to ask, that can be done when they stop having fun. For now, set up set up…hey, this IS a newer version! Maybe it'll run faster~ Setting up, setting up~
[21:31:12] <Charm> Standing by…ready!
[21:31:13] <Lines> Lilo nods, thanking her's kinda hard, but she does it anyway to avoid appearing rude with a simple, slightly begrudging "Thanks." Next she turns to Laura's colleague of concern, "Your turn with the Windowbed, tonight."
[21:32:29] <Noire> She gives a dumb smile in response, concern moving only to her eyes. They're nowhere near purple. "Gotcha!" … Then a pause. A long pause. "… Hey, wait a sec, is she moving in?" Before Julie totally vanishes, their new friend gets pointed to. Of course, she's setting her new puterphone up too.
[21:33:26] <Charm> "Yeah, She has a room as well, at least until we prepare a more permanent solution. Don't worry, I'm picking up the tab."
[21:34:23] <Lecia> And go go go~ Setting up, a question already answered, a pulling out of her other computer-phone to copy a large section of the contents…busy busy, etc.
[21:36:31] <Noire> "Right… okay, thanks for everything!" From the corner of her lips she mutters an apology, but shakes it out of herself by taking Lecia's side and shoving her phone out. "Okay… new numbers, want mine?" Click click, press, beep boop.
[21:37:45] <Lecia> This isn't insane Noire. Relax, Lecia. Relax. "Sure~" Clickclickpressbeep boop. Wow, she's fast with this button pressing.
[21:38:00] <Lines> What a bother, having to trade numbers again! Well, it's better than not being able to get ahold of each other, so Lilo goes through the motions again.
[21:38:26] <Charm> The four of them finished their first mission. Tumultuously, but finished. The problem, of course, was their inexperience was glaringly obvious. They lacked polish and confidence - two skills that were vital to surviving in a world of magic. It would take time…
[21:38:33] <Charm> Time they might not have.
[21:38:40] <Noire> "Ahaha! Here you go!" Lines gets it too. If- NO STOP MONOLOGUING