Scape Logs

[19:22:13] <@Giantree> April 2nd, Year 2072— EARTH PUBLIC SOLAR PROTECTION DOME #47: Inside classroom 201.
[19:24:09] <@Giantree> Well-synthesizes voices emerge from the humanoid figure at the front of the class— one with no facial features or anything of note besides the speaker inside its transparent 'head,' as the plans for tomorrow's lesson are revealed to the class. Plenty of classmates spend their time typing on their holopads, ignoring and instead waiting for the bell which is about to ring in… about two minutes.
[19:25:20] <@Giantree> And of course, most of those students are spending their time preparing to dash down the hallway and return to their floors in the dome once class ends. But the android teaching the class - which doesn't even have a name of its own besides "student-teacher interface droid #201" - shows no emotion.
[19:25:26] <@Giantree> (And begin!)
[19:26:40] * Hailey_Markane is playing Irate Birds 3000 on her holopad, sending virtual chickens to their suicidal doom for fun and…well, not profit. Just for fun, it seems.
[19:27:00] * Madobe_Nanako takes a cursory glance around. With class over, it was time for her to leave.
[19:28:26] * Skye_Lyon is lying down with her head on the desk, waiting for the bell to give her the A-OK to get on out of there
[19:29:36] <Hailey_Markane> *flick* a bird goes sailing wildly off course and smacks Skye in the back of the neck. Why her? No real reason, she just happened to be a convenient target.
[19:30:11] * Madobe_Nanako watches with concealed interest
[19:30:25] <@Giantree> "… And please leave your holopads when you come in for the test tomorrow." The droid, as a loud ringing noise echoed through the entire building, began moving its artificial body parts into itself as it moves under the desk into hibernation mode. Suddenly footsteps - and hoverboard sounds from some of the delinquents - echo even louder outside the halls, and the doors burst open.
[19:32:35] * Hailey_Markane will break down the door as she races out of the door. She's got to upload all the notes from her holopad on to her watch. Teach bot didn't say anything about that!
[19:33:57] * Madobe_Nanako watches the other students leave, waiting for a chance to leave without being bumped into. That would be annoying. Well, no point stying here anylonger.
[19:34:37] <@Giantree> The staircase down to the first floor - and subsequently, the exit - lies directly across from the classroom, of all places. Like always, students push and shove to get inside. A few of the students from their own clique walk off down the hall instead, and a couple even stay inside the classroom. After all, there's not plenty waiting for them once they get out, anyway.
[19:35:46] <Hailey_Markane> "yawwwww~~n" Hailey stretches, not caring if anyone can see under her shirt "fuck this place, I'm gone." grabbing her hoverboard, she goes to roll off into…where ever. Someplace that isn't this shithole
[19:37:54] <Skye_Lyon> Skye raises her head to see the classroom's empty. Woops, she missed the bell. Trying to make up time, she bolted on out of there.
[19:38:27] * Madobe_Nanako hears loud footsteps coming from behind her and glances back
[19:38:33] <Madobe_Nanako> She sees a girl running
[19:40:46] <Skye_Lyon> Catching up without breath, Skye manages out, "Hey… Nanako… whatchya doin'?"
[19:41:12] <Hailey_Markane> *Crash!* And there is Hailey, running into both of them as her riding lane is suddenly cut off. Swearing, the three of them crash in a heap.
[19:41:17] <Madobe_Nanako> "Eh-"
[19:42:22] * Madobe_Nanako finds herself lying on her back, with two girls on top of her body.
[19:42:43] <Madobe_Nanako> One of them seems to have taken up nest on her chest
[19:42:49] * Skye_Lyon crawls out of the accidental catdog pile, "That kinda hurt… Are you both alright?"
[19:42:55] <Hailey_Markane> When the girl finally gets her bearings, she'll note one hand is in a very…opportune location on Nanako's body.
[19:43:11] <Madobe_Nanako> "Do you mind getting off?"
[19:44:01] <Hailey_Markane> "huh?" Hailey will try to get up, but not before stealing a quick squeeze while doing so. She can pass it off easily enough, right?"
[19:44:32] * Madobe_Nanako glares and pulls the girls arm off of her chest
[19:44:38] <Madobe_Nanako> It's a very strong grip
[19:44:44] <Madobe_Nanako> Bonebreakingly so
[19:45:12] <Hailey_Markane> "hey! What's your problem?" Hailey will cradle her sore hand, thankful no bones got snapped.
[19:45:31] <@Giantree> And the artificial grass outside the building probably isn't comfortable for any of them. Less comfortable than the grips they have on each other, even. But the artificial trees stand tall and provide what would… usually be a comfortable environment for leaving the building.
[19:45:56] * Skye_Lyon stares in confusion, "Uh, I'm not sure what just happened, but do you want me to take you to the med?"
[19:45:58] * Madobe_Nanako brushes her off and stand up
[19:46:25] <Hailey_Markane> "I'm fine. But this broad may need her Ritalin."
[19:47:04] <Madobe_Nanako> "Excuse me?"
[19:48:06] <Hailey_Markane> "I said, you…might…need…your…Rit-A-Lin." she's sure to speak very slowly so there is no way Nanako will misunderstand it.
[19:48:22] <Skye_Lyon> "Y'know, you kinda ran into us, maybe you could just apologize and we could all get over it."
[19:48:42] <Madobe_Nanako> "Apologies, but I must have misheard you. Do you mind repeating it?"
[19:49:16] * Madobe_Nanako is galring at her intensely
[19:49:22] <Madobe_Nanako> glaring*
[19:49:25] <Hailey_Markane> "you cut off my lane. But wha-HEY! WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?" Hailey will ignore them as someone sees her hoverboard and tries to make off with it.
[19:50:06] * Madobe_Nanako takes this opportunity to slip away
[19:50:15] <Madobe_Nanako> She has no time for this
[19:50:15] <@Giantree> A second-year with freckles and some abnormally light blond hair, in fact. She was snickering to herself for a minute, but… after being noticed she quickly hopped on the board and made an attempt to speed off.
[19:50:39] <@Giantree> … At least, she would've if she knew how to start it.
[19:51:17] <Hailey_Markane> What the would be theif is gonna get is a charging shoulder from Hailey, hopefully knocking her to the floor.
[19:52:12] <@Giantree> More than that, the frail-looking kid is knocked completely off the board.
[19:53:02] * Skye_Lyon looks from Hailey running one way to Nanako running the other, but decides to follow Hailey. Nanako probably had somewhere to be, anyways, "Don't be too rough, we're not exactly in a back alleyway!"
[19:53:11] <Hailey_Markane> "Bitch." Hailey spits at the girl before kicking it up into her hands and heading back towards Skye. She wasn't the one who cut her off anyway…
[19:53:28] * Madobe_Nanako is already gone by then
[19:54:31] <@Giantree> The girl quickly ran away with a pretty angry look on her face. Back into the building, in fact— but meanwhile, Nanako began to feel a bizarrely familiar presence on her trip away from the scene. And not a good one, either; it sent trembles down her spine.
[19:55:09] <Madobe_Nanako> "This is…"
[19:57:06] <@Giantree> The greens of the outer garden became grays— as did everything else. The flowing water stopped in its tracks, students stopped moving as well. But instead of anybody moving, Nanako - who seemed to be the only one able to function - instead saw a rift like glass open in the middle of the sky. In fact, of all places for it to open, it was next to the two girls and their hoverboard, who were…
[19:57:10] <@Giantree> … now supposedly frozen in time.
[19:57:24] <Madobe_Nanako> "Tch"
[19:59:29] * Madobe_Nanako quickly undergoes a transformation sequence that is censored as this is a christian channel
[20:00:18] <Madobe_Nanako> She runs over
[20:02:17] <@Giantree> And from the rift come noises— violent ones. The sound of metal clanging against… something is accompanied by a lot of high-pitched screaming. But the source of that sound isn't revealed as soon as another one is, as a being in full vivid color - mainly dark purples and blacks - crawls out of the vortex, roaring.
[20:06:23] * Madobe_Nanako moves forward and holds her arm out in it's direction
[20:09:48] <Madobe_Nanako> Calling out her power, she create a large vacuum where the best is standing
[20:09:53] <Madobe_Nanako> beast*
[20:10:23] <Madobe_Nanako> The pressure differences begin to wrech havoc on its body
[20:10:31] <Madobe_Nanako> wreck*
[20:14:42] <@Giantree> Definitely. The beast is being practically ripped out of the void, bits of its flesh with it… but what also gets drawn out is the large explosion coming from behind it, through the inside of the void. The explosion is accompanied by a pretty uncomfortable scream, as it begins to encompass the scene in front of the school and a chunk of the building itself…
[20:16:08] <Madobe_Nanako> "Hm."
[20:16:19] <Madobe_Nanako> "I used too much power it seems."
[20:17:23] <@Giantree> And suddenly the scene becomes nothing. Hailey and Skye find themselves suddenly… floating, it feels like. But they can't see anything, smell anything. They can only hear. A voice from the shadows, speaking to them. Both of them. Perhaps simultaneously, perhaps separately. But it only says one thing: "Hast thou the desire to live?"
[20:18:43] * Hailey_Markane has no fucking clue what's going on. And that terrifies her. But she nods her head - she wants to live. What kind of question is that?
[20:19:51] <Skye_Lyon> Skye tries to reach out through the nothingness, to no avail. She had to ask herself, was she dying? She had to be dying, this was a near death experience or something. But what's killing her? Did some kind of terrorists attack? Whatever, that's not important, what's important is living. Skye made her best effort to call out, "Yes, I wanna live!"
[20:22:40] <@Giantree> For the briefest of seconds, the two "dying" girls experience a brief instant of pain throughout their bodies. An unforgettable pain, but a quick enough one to be nothing but a memory from that point on. As the scene becomes more clear and they're able to move and see as normal, gems seem to suddenly appear in midair and float toward them. The deep voice speaks again.
[20:23:23] <@Giantree> "Then… take my power. An amazing power it may seem to you, but it is the power of life granted to those who did not deserve their deaths." The being still showed no sign of physical form.
[20:25:36] <Hailey_Markane> "what?" Hailey is confused. Did she die or something? "what kind of power is this? What's the catch?"
[20:25:51] <Skye_Lyon> Confused, Skye was really confused, but didn't want to anger whatever this thing was, "I… um, thank you."
[20:28:39] <@Giantree> "Catch?" Albeit ridiculously deep, the voice laughed. "The catch.. is that you must travel. Travel to a land known as The Scape, or even to some as the City of Silence, and heal its residents. They must be defended from a thread they cannot perceive or defend themselves against at all. That is all I - we - ask of you." The gems form strings and become as pendants, lowering themselves into…
[20:28:43] <@Giantree> … the girls' hands.
[20:30:38] <Skye_Lyon> Skye grabbed her pendant, "I'll do it… then is this for me? It has to be, right?" But her line of questioning was cut off as an eye on her forehead opened up and emitted a wave of energy all over her body, forming what could best be described as a black and white jumpsuit. As the eye on her forehead closed and disappeared, eyes opened up all over her suit, and another big eyeball
[20:30:38] <Skye_Lyon> opened up in the empty space, converted into a crystal, and expanded into a staff.
[20:34:12] <Hailey_Markane> Hailey grasps the pendant gingerly. She didn't know what else to do. Before she could even process it, an impossible ecstasy swarmed her senses, forcing a crazed yelp from her as the magic went to work. Her fiery-red hair was blowing wildly behind her, the outfit she wore before replaced with a shoulderless red top and short skirt, with blood red stockings just touching the hem of her skirt, solid boots on her feet.
[20:35:37] <Hailey_Markane> With a supernatural flourish, a large revolver appeared in her hand as red wings erupted from her shoulderblades.
[20:37:29] <@Giantree> As the two landed on the - albeit invisible - apparently solid ground, the voice spoke again. "You now have the power… a power that is yours alone. The power to take your lives into your own hands. The power to vanquish the creatures that call themselves the 'Youma' and collect their hearts. Their 'oblivion seeds.' Thirteen of them and you may pray for any wish your heart desires."
[20:38:35] <@Giantree> It laughed once more as the existence seemed to fade around them. "But only then may you do so. We will meet again… soon." The voice faded as well, as the two found themselves in the grayed-out scene… although poor Skye likely found difficulty noticing what was different. Except maybe the fact that nobody was moving.
[20:39:57] <Skye_Lyon> "Did anybody see what just happe… why's everyone, everything so still?"
[20:40:04] <Hailey_Markane> "what the…" Hailey was in shock. What was Skye wearing? What was SHE wearing? And why did it seem like she kept bobbing up and down, like she was in water?
[20:40:11] <@Giantree> What they did manage to see, however, was a creature falling apart out of a hole that wasn't there before. As well as a big hole in the school building and where their bodies were— Hailey's hoverboard wasn't quite where she left it but instead a few feet away, apparently badly damaged.
[20:42:03] * Madobe_Nanako watches from a distance, behind an artificial tree. She had already taken the Oblivion Seed so there was no longer any need for her to be seen.
[20:42:11] <Hailey_Markane> "I have no idea…" She still hasn't realized that she's flying. "how'd you get into that outfit?"
[20:43:44] <Skye_Lyon> "My vision got all weird, and then it just showed up on me. I think this is what it's like for bugs… Look! Why is Nanako like us?"
[20:44:06] <@Giantree> Their words were interrupted by, of all things, the vortex opening even wider and attempting to pull them in. Not before the oblivion seed popped out of the creature's corpse and was vacuum'd into Nanako's hand, of course.
[20:46:15] <Hailey_Markane> "wah!" Hailey will instinctively try to jump away…wait! Her feet aren't touching the ground! How can she jump? All the same, her body seems to be pulling itself away slowly, like she's being carried by the tide. "what's going on?!?"
[20:46:42] * Madobe_Nanako sighs and approaches them
[20:46:51] <Madobe_Nanako> "Calm down."
[20:48:11] <Hailey_Markane> "how can I be calm? Can you at least tell gravity to turn back on please?" she seems to be completely oblivious to the giant red-feathered wings on her back that are keeping her aloft.
[20:48:14] <Skye_Lyon> "Did you do this to us, Nanako?"
[20:48:45] * Madobe_Nanako shook her head
[20:48:56] <Madobe_Nanako> Take a closer look at yourselves
[20:49:00] <Madobe_Nanako> ""
[20:49:29] <@Giantree> The vortex expands more and more, ignoring the things that are frozen but pulling with full force at the two girls still in the scene as Hailey spirals into… something else. But despite the appearance of the vortex, it feels safe.
[20:51:13] <Skye_Lyon> Skye held up her staff as the vortex kept pulling; an eyeball popped out of her suit and expanded to slightly larger than the girl it came from. Paralleling the jaws of a shark, it blinked and swallowed up Skye in an attempt to shield herself from the pull.
[20:53:24] * Madobe_Nanako walked over to the vortex and put a leg inside
[20:53:29] <Madobe_Nanako> "Are you coming?"
[20:53:46] <Skye_Lyon> "I-we're supposed to?"
[20:53:55] * Madobe_Nanako nods and goes in
[20:54:30] * Skye_Lyon floats her eyebubble towards the vortex, then adds it back to her suit, giving up on resistance and allowing the pull to take her.
[20:56:00] <@Giantree> The pull, while definitely powerful from the outside, lightens itself up once the group is inside of it. Eventually it becomes less of a vortex and more of a walkway as it closes behind them, leaving all of them in the middle of a city block. While there is definitely a crowd around, their skin colors are unnatural and upon closer inspection their eyes are made of only one color. This could…
[20:56:07] <@Giantree> … only be the place referred to as "The Scape."
[20:56:48] * Madobe_Nanako takes a quick glance around and moves forward.
[20:57:00] * Skye_Lyon looks at the crowd, "Um, hi, I'm Skye. Are you… are you like us?"
[20:57:58] <@Giantree> Following their landing there are distant footsteps in addition to the ones of the very few people moving around. But, these footsteps are much faster, as though somebody's escaping— and after a couple of seconds they disappear entirely.
[20:58:05] <Hailey_Markane> "I don't think…we should try to attract attention…I'm Hailey, by the way…"
[20:58:29] * Madobe_Nanako turns back to them.
[20:58:33] <Skye_Lyon> "Why not? They're just people…"
[20:58:39] <Madobe_Nanako> "What are you standing around for?"
[20:58:49] <Madobe_Nanako> "We're moving."
[20:59:56] * Skye_Lyon follows a few steps behind Nanako, trying to figure out where exactly they've ended up, "What are we doing here, Nanako?"
[20:59:59] <Hailey_Markane> "well let's see. I have no clue where we are, why I'm dressed like this, or what the FUCK happened with that damned rock! Explain it!" Hailey will draw the .45 and train the laser sight on Nanako
[21:00:57] * Madobe_Nanako eye's narrowed
[21:01:06] <Madobe_Nanako> "Are you sure you want to do that?"
[21:01:16] * Skye_Lyon steps in the way of the laser sight, between Nanako and Hailey, "You can't just go pointing weapons at people like that for no reason! Put it away, Hailey, we'll find out what's going on WITHOUT unnecessary violence."
[21:02:23] <Hailey_Markane> "but…but…" She will sigh and drop the revolver, returning to a holster clipped to her skirt. "can you at least make it so I can touch the floor? Please?"
[21:03:08] <Madobe_Nanako> "Look behind you."
[21:03:29] * Hailey_Markane will spin around and see very little. "what?"
[21:04:14] <Madobe_Nanako> "If you can't see it, never mind. We've got company anyway."
[21:04:44] <@Giantree> The presence can be felt by everybody. And it's definitely not a pleasant one. Nearby, the aura feels awfully unpleasant… like something's looking for them. And it's coming closer.
[21:04:49] <Hailey_Markane> "see what? What company?"
[21:05:23] <Madobe_Nanako> "Hostile"
[21:06:23] * Skye_Lyon holds up her staff, popping out several eyes, which she sends floating upwards, "Ah, this is so trippy, but I'll keep my eyes out for whatever it is that feels so negative. Let's get going."
[21:07:20] <@Giantree> The city square sprawls out— in the middle is a fountain with water that seems just as frozen in time as the world they had seemingly just come from. People in business suits with suitcases pass harmlessly by, and there isn't a single vehicle in sight. But the presence comes from a couple of blocks away, past plenty of roads and buildings.
[21:07:32] <@Giantree> And not a single one of the citizens gives them the faintest hint of a strange look… or a look at all.
[21:07:36] <Hailey_Markane> "Skye? Think any of your eyes can help figure out whats up with me?" she's getting frantic.
[21:08:36] <Skye_Lyon> Skye extended a hand towards Hailey, "You mean the floaty thing? Maybe you can pull yourself down if you use me."
[21:09:48] <Hailey_Markane> "floaty thing?" Hailey will nevertheless try to use Skye to return to terra firma
[21:11:43] * Madobe_Nanako relaxes slightly. The Youma was still a good distance away. Taking this opportunity, she releases the excess magic that's built up inside of her
[21:13:31] <@Giantree> … And without notice of Nanako's action, Skye and Hailey were on the same footing… which was, of course, in the air. Even with Hailey seemingly being the only thing keeping her afloat.
[21:14:05] <Hailey_Markane> "what the…I don't think it's working!"
[21:14:11] <Skye_Lyon> Skye looked around and noticed she was in the sky, "I… um, can you put me down?"
[21:14:24] <Hailey_Markane> "I don't even know how to get down!"
[21:14:47] <Hailey_Markane> "I don't even know why I'm up!"
[21:15:30] <Skye_Lyon> "This is weird, can you at least fly us the way we're supposed to be going?"
[21:16:14] * Madobe_Nanako sighs
[21:16:53] <Madobe_Nanako> "Just focus on the ground. Imagine your body is moving down onto the floor."
[21:17:03] <Hailey_Markane> "fly? How am I supposed to f-" then it hits her. A scarlet feather falls into her hand, and Hailey looks up, seeing the crimson wings attached to her body. "I'm flying…" She says, amazed.
[21:18:00] * Hailey_Markane concentrates on returning to the ground, and does so, with Skye still in tow.
[21:18:11] <Hailey_Markane> "th-thank you…"
[21:18:48] <@Giantree> And their feet both reach the ground, thanks to their new friend's help. A few blocks away, the presence continues to pulsate menacingly.
[21:19:46] <Skye_Lyon> Skye retrieves her hand and gets back to walking, "We should pick up the pace."
[21:19:47] <Hailey_Markane> "is that the…" she forgot the word. "the bad thing?"
[21:20:22] <Madobe_Nanako> "Yes. For now, we keep moving."
[21:21:03] <Madobe_Nanako> "We don't have much of a choice besides fighting it however. It will most likely chase after us."
[21:21:29] * Madobe_Nanako looked them over
[21:21:36] <Hailey_Markane> "I'm gonna guess that's why I have this, then." Hailey pats the gun on her side.
[21:22:07] <Madobe_Nanako> "You seem to have some control over your power so you will both assist me."
[21:22:51] <Hailey_Markane> "wait, who died and made you ca-" Oh yeah, that's right. They did. Die, at least. Or something like that.
[21:23:30] <Skye_Lyon> Returning her eyes into her body, Skye queried, "And will there be those… oblivion seeds for us?"
[21:24:29] * Madobe_Nanako quickly turned around and looked at her abruptly
[21:24:45] <Madobe_Nanako> She stared for a few seconds before turning back
[21:25:00] <Madobe_Nanako> "Yes."
[21:25:12] <@Giantree> As they approach the source of the "bad thing," one of the buildings - which is otherwise perfectly intact and apparently frozen in time - emanates a blatant aura. There's something inside it, even though it isn't physically visible; what is physically visible, though, is that trickling like a tiny stream some sort of substance that almost looks like oil is pouring out. But not the consistency.
[21:25:58] <Madobe_Nanako> "Here huh?"
[21:26:38] <Skye_Lyon> "This is what I saw, earlier. We're in the right place… So, what do we do now, Nanako?"
[21:26:39] * Hailey_Markane stoops over as she examines the fluid. Her instinct says to not touch it though. She will unholster the revolver, and give the chamber a quick spin before continuing.
[21:27:13] <Madobe_Nanako> "If we leave it here, it will only cause us more trouble later on. We're killing it."
[21:27:25] <Skye_Lyon> "Hey, that stuff down there, is it blood?"
[21:27:50] <Hailey_Markane> "it doesn't look like blood…but I don't think we should touch it…"
[21:28:17] <Madobe_Nanako> "Ignore it. We're going in."
[21:28:27] * Madobe_Nanako takes the initiative and walks in.
[21:28:56] * Hailey_Markane follows close behind, her index finger cradling the trigger guard of her weapon.
[21:29:20] * Skye_Lyon falls in step behind Nanako and releases more eyes, again, sending several flying in different directions
[21:29:37] <@Giantree> Upon closer inspection, the 'liquid' definitely isn't above the ground… it's almost like that's spreading out is nonexistence, albeit only in small streams. But that's not what's important now.
[21:31:38] <@Giantree> What's important is that after walking through the open doorway, what's inside definitely isn't a building. They're instead standing in a room that Hailey and Skye may even recognize solely from how nondescript it is— the floor is black and looks like nothing's there, yet it feels like solid ground. Noises come from the distance, though it's difficult to decipher what they are.
[21:33:12] * Hailey_Markane gets an eerie sense of familiarity, and doesn't like it. "is this Deja Vu to anyone else?"
[21:34:33] <Hailey_Markane> With a gentle hop, Hailey allows her wings to spread once more, putting her about a foot above the black "floor"
[21:34:37] <Skye_Lyon> "Kinda, let's just get in, kill whatever this thing is, and get out."
[21:35:29] * Madobe_Nanako nods to them and continues forward
[21:36:02] <Madobe_Nanako> "Skye, do you see it?"
[21:36:40] <@Giantree> Forward is more expanse of black… until it becomes slightly more apparent that the fact that the direction they're traveling is actually along a slightly lighter color. Slightly red, to everybody who isn't Skye. Also becoming apparent is that the noises from ahead of them is laughter— laughter of children, laughter of adults.
[21:38:48] <Skye_Lyon> "I'm not sure, human shaped silhouette people in a ring. I can't tell much more about them, I guess that's where the laughter's coming from?"
[21:39:45] <Hailey_Markane> "I don't like this…like, at ALL." Still, Hailey raises her gun and rests a finger on the laser sight's power switch.
[21:40:13] * Madobe_Nanako narrowed her eyes. "Ignore them. The target will show up sooner or later."
[21:40:32] <Hailey_Markane> "hope it's sooner…"
[21:41:28] <Skye_Lyon> "You mean those things are there just to fuck with me? What exactly are we hunting?"
[21:41:46] <Madobe_Nanako> "A youma."
[21:42:17] <Hailey_Markane> "what is it supposed to look like?"
[21:42:26] <Skye_Lyon> "That word doesn't mean anything to me…"
[21:42:44] <@Giantree> Moving along, the pathway continues until the point where the dancing figures Skye's eyes saw. And they certainly are dancing and laughing… but they appear like gingerbread men, holding hands and circling around something. The circle is rather large, meaning there would be a bit more walking to reach the center.
[21:43:16] <@Giantree> But even more importantly, it's difficult to perceive the depth of them— they're not blocking the way at all, it's almost like they ARE the floor. Yet they're still moving their legs as though they were dancing.
[21:43:36] <@Giantree> Past where there circle begins, the reds they were walking on discontinue, leaving only pitch darkness.
[21:44:16] <@Giantree> The laughter, at this point, is almost unbearably loud. But mixed in with them is an extremely deep voice laughing— familiarly deep. The tone at which it laughs almost sounds as though it's about to cry.
[21:44:31] <Hailey_Markane> "is this normal?" hailey wills herself to rise as she glides over the odd figured without disturbing them.
[21:44:59] <Madobe_Nanako> "It's often like this. Don't let it distract you."
[21:46:28] * Hailey_Markane touches down about three meters inside the circle, waiting foe the other two to catch up.
[21:46:47] * Madobe_Nanako easily hovers over.
[21:47:06] * Skye_Lyon calls up her eyebubble to fly her along with the others
[21:47:07] <@Giantree> What Hailey touches is solid ground again, only this time it's about a foot or two elevated above the 'walkway.' And it seems like it only ramps upward.
[22:02:51] <@Giantree> As if noticing that the group had entered the Youma's 'inner sanctum,' what appeared to be mouths appeared on all of the "gingerbread men" outside. Not simultaneously, but starting from the first one they flew over and moving in a circle like some sort of chain reaction. and all of them grinned. Almost angrily the line of the 'shapes' started shaking and squiggling… though it didn't do
[22:02:54] <@Giantree> anything beyond that.
[22:03:10] <@Giantree> The laughing, at least, turned from playful laughter into a menacing giggle. The center lay still ahead of them.
[22:03:59] * Madobe_Nanako ignored the "gingerbread men" and moved forward
[22:04:02] <Madobe_Nanako> "Let's go
[22:04:03] <Madobe_Nanako> "
[22:04:29] * Hailey_Markane will tread lightly, readying her body to vault skyward at the first sign of things going wrong.
[22:06:17] * Skye_Lyon keeps on flying within her eyebubble, trusting it to shield her if something suddenly goes terribly wrong
[22:06:51] * Anti-Goth (~PI.D5C2BF4.1C82797D.9A578E42|htoGitnA#PI.D5C2BF4.1C82797D.9A578E42|htoGitnA) has left #WalmartApocalypse (Leaving)
[22:08:33] * Madobe_Nanako stopped
[22:08:36] <Madobe_Nanako> "It's here"
[22:09:06] <Hailey_Markane> "no kidding? The grinning gingerbread men didn't tip you off?"
[22:09:18] <Skye_Lyon> "Hey, there's a carousel sign up ahead. No idea what it means, don't see any carousel."
[22:09:48] <Madobe_Nanako> "You'
[22:10:08] <@Giantree> The "grinning gingerbread men" do more than just tip them off— they rush in with a full assault from behind. Menacing laughter becoming louder and louder, a waving line of the "gingerbreads" shoots itself toward them like some kind of whip.
[22:10:09] <Madobe_Nanako> d be surprised what carousel looks like when it attacks you"
[22:10:22] <Madobe_Nanako> "Tch"
[22:10:28] * Madobe_Nanako immediately spins around
[22:12:56] <Hailey_Markane> With a focused touch, Hailey's body is launched into the sky a good 12 feet above where she just was. While the scene was still scary as hell…something about flying calmed her nerves. She was gonna get through this. Nothing could keep her down.
[22:13:16] * Madobe_Nanako retreated backwards, her old he;d out in front of her.
[22:13:29] <Madobe_Nanako> her hand held out*
[22:15:23] <Skye_Lyon> With (all of her) eyes wide open, Skye began to lock onto the various gingerbread men, trying to find a suitable target. She relied on her eyebubble to shield her as best she could.
[22:20:07] <Hailey_Markane> The currents flowing above the ground weave their way through Hailey's mind, imparting their secrets with gentle whispers of wind. She's almost in a trance as the crimson angel levels her gun and sends four bullets crashing towards the youma.
[22:22:07] <@Giantree> The whip of "Gingerbread men" crashed toward the three - two, as one of them flew off - but against its apparent intentions was pushed aback by a vacuum that appeared from seemingly nowhere in front of Nanako. That didn't stop the 'whip' from zooming by Skye and slightly scratching her leg in an apparent 'blind spot' of her eye-bubble, though. As for Hailey, the bullets rained down from the…
[22:22:44] <@Giantree> … sky and made explosions in the 'men' that blew most of the closest ones to pieces. From far away, they could see the 'line' retreating, perhaps attempting to gather itself for another round.
[22:25:59] <@Giantree> Below them, the invisible ground rumbled. Or something along those lines, anyway. In a similarly circular pattern, grinning 'mouths' just like on the gingerbread men appeared from the ground, making it fairly clear where the floor actually was. The laughter grew quieter and quieter as the whip retreated, but not the deepest of the voices that still seemed filled with sadness.
[22:30:56] <Hailey_Markane> "Wow…" Hailey's attitude has done a complete 180, the last traces of fear in her system supplanted by supernatural confidence and heavenly bliss. Giving chase to the gingerbread chain, Hailey sights her shot as two gigantic fireballs erupt from the barrel of the gun and race towards the cookie chain.
[22:32:45] <@Giantree> As Hailey trails off from the rest of the group in pursuit and pursues the chain, utterly demolishing it, the trembling gets louder and more violent back where the other two stand. From the direct center of the former gingerbread circle - which was still a bit ahead of them - a large tendril emerged from the ground, with a bell attached to the tip of it. And as it protruded more and more…
[22:33:31] <Madobe_Nanako> "?!"
[22:33:44] <@Giantree> … it became visible that at the base of it there was a large, crudely-drawn mask. The voice coming from it now sounded familiar, but now wasn't the time to be thinking about that. At least it shouldn't have been. "Thir… teen…" it spoke, without the features on the mask moving. Of course, being a mask, they probably couldn't have.
[22:34:41] <@Giantree> But another thing of note was the fact that the 'gingerbread chain' was clearly coming from the base, on the other side of the mask. After Hailey's actions a chain of explosions caused the whip to recede and make a similarly large explosion on the back of the creature. But that didn't stop it from attempting to mouth words to no avail.
[22:34:50] <@Giantree> Instead of laughing, it was now grunting and groaning in pain.
[22:37:27] <Hailey_Markane> "!!!" Hailey sees the…thing and pushes her body to get back. While she's moving, she checks the revolver…only to still find it full! No time to think about it, Hailey slams it shut and spins the cylinder as her wings try to take her back into the fight.
[22:38:27] * Madobe_Nanako quickly moves out of the way.
[22:38:52] <Skye_Lyon> With a new target in sight, Skye locked on all the eyes on the front of her body, the ones in back closed to help focus as the entire front of her body began to glow
[22:40:05] <Madobe_Nanako> Still holding her arm out, Nanako prepared to create another vacuum
[22:41:26] <Skye_Lyon> A person shaped wave of white energy flew from Skye's body at the emerging creature
[22:41:38] * Madobe_Nanako sent out a new vacuum at the creature
[22:43:41] <Madobe_Nanako> The vacuum converged into a vortex and rapidly began to cut away at it the beast.
[22:45:00] <Madobe_Nanako> at the beast*
[22:45:35] <@Giantree> The "beast" groaned and moaned plenty more as the vacuum tore parts away from the tendril, and even from parts of the mask. The mask was, in fact, the 'CAROUSEL' sign picked up from the ground, though upside-down. That became apparent when the green 'L' was chipped off and fell to the ground. As for Skye's attack, however, the wave hit the creature although it didn't seem to show much of a…
[22:45:56] <@Giantree> … reaction. Instead, seconds later, the same wave shot out from the beast straight into Skye's body.
[22:52:43] <@Giantree> Screaming… well, not really, more like moaning, the creature extended its own body and sent itself forth like a whip. "THIR… TEEN…" First it crashed into Nanako who was directly in front of it, and the bell at its tip whipped around and stung poor Skye in the back as it moved. Afterward, the creature returned to its regular position. "THIR… TEEEEEN!"
[22:53:12] <Madobe_Nanako> "Guh-"
[22:54:33] * Hailey_Markane gets to the giant beast just in time to see it lash out at Nanako and Skye. Something snapped. She didn't know what it was…but she needed that, that…THING…dead. Even if she had to destroy it piece by piece!
[22:57:51] <Hailey_Markane> Taking wild aim, Hailey's next shot explodes as soon as it comes into contact with the youma, hopefully making it hurt a LOT
[22:59:13] <@Giantree> The exploding bullet tears a big chunk in the side of the tendril… which quickly regrows as the moaning continues. From within its body, the childish laughter can be heard extremely faintly again as the eyes on the 'mask' - one of which is twice the size of the other - both close and the body stops moving, as though it's preparing something. "Th…… een…."
[23:00:49] * Madobe_Nanako glared at the creature "How dare you…"
[23:04:33] * Madobe_Nanako calls up a vortex with far more power than before. It encapsuled the entire creature, tearing it it apart
[23:04:50] <Madobe_Nanako> It fell apart, piece by piece
[23:05:15] <Madobe_Nanako> With various parts of it flying around in random directions
[23:05:28] <@Giantree> The sign is ripped into pieces and tossed around the battleground, as the tendril is now just a blob. The blob then was torn into pieces, which all melted as the voice echoed once more. "Th…… Th….. The…. End…."
[23:06:00] <@Giantree> … And with that, the grinning mouths in the floor opened simultaneously. And from all of them emerged fireworks which shot into the sky, exploding.
[23:06:32] * Madobe_Nanako looked arounf, surprised
[23:06:35] <Madobe_Nanako> around*
[23:07:01] <@Giantree> It did, however, occur to the group that they were TECHNICALLY still inside a building, despite appearances. And more fireworks kept pouring from the mouths, causing the 'room' they were in to start shaking more and more violently with each one.
[23:07:11] <Madobe_Nanako> "Tch"
[23:07:25] <Madobe_Nanako> "We're leaving"
[23:07:35] * Madobe_Nanako quickly moves on out
[23:07:36] * Hailey_Markane drops to the floor gracefully, but not at all softly. "ugh…shouldn't we-yeah. Leave."
[23:08:02] * Hailey_Markane will float just above the floor, following Nanako out.
[23:08:15] <Skye_Lyon> "But, what about the fireworks and the mouths?"
[23:08:18] <@Giantree> From the far walls, coloration— oh sorry Skye, texture starts returning to what is now obviously a building. But this receding happens slowly, and the mouths still keep shooting fireworks, causing the ceiling to crumble.
[23:08:26] <Madobe_Nanako> "Leave them!"
[23:08:43] <@Giantree> The fireworks were the Carousel's final show… and as it seemed to be intending, the magical girls' as well.
[23:08:59] <Hailey_Markane> "we stay and it'll crush us! Let the house get rid of them when it collapses!"
[23:09:19] * Skye_Lyon flies as quickly as she can to get out before the collapse
[23:10:35] <@Giantree> Suddenly, one of the fireworks made a different sound— a 'clink,' in fact. Instead of an explosion, a tiny seed - a familiar one, in fact - was belched out of the mouth farthest from the exit. And debris was falling all around it, though it had the fortune to not be crushed itself… yet.
[23:10:42] * Madobe_Nanako stops abrupty when she realizes something
[23:10:50] <Madobe_Nanako> She immediately turns around
[23:10:59] <Madobe_Nanako> And heads back to where the creature was
[23:11:07] <Hailey_Markane> "what are you doing?"
[23:11:18] * Madobe_Nanako ignores her and moves on
[23:11:25] <Madobe_Nanako> She can see the Seed
[23:15:45] <Madobe_Nanako> In her depseration, Nanako didn't even bother using any magic. All she could see was The Seeds and debris falling around it.
[23:16:03] <@Giantree> And the debris fell right behind her as she dashed forward to grab it.
[23:16:18] <Madobe_Nanako> Swiftly moving around the falling rock, she grabbed it and retreated
[23:17:20] <Madobe_Nanako> Maneuvering past the fallen debris, Nanako moved to get out of the building
[23:17:41] <Madobe_Nanako> 'There's no way I'll let myself die here-'
[23:18:54] <@Giantree> And the three made their escape as the building collapsed onto itself— echoing from inside could be heard a voice. The same, familiar voice that gave them something they couldn't do without. "Thank… you…." BOOM.
[23:20:41] <@Giantree> From outside, the townspeople continue looking nondescript and continue on their business— if they even had any business in the first place. Not one of them looks or acts surprised.
[23:21:17] <Hailey_Markane> "we won…" Hailey is in a state of shock. Her eyes are glazed over as magic tears at her body, begging to be let go.
[23:21:54] <Skye_Lyon> "Yeah, I… uh, what exactly are you two?"
[23:21:57] <Madobe_Nanako> "For now…"
[23:22:19] * Madobe_Nanako ignored Skye's question for now and regarded her condition
[23:22:57] <Madobe_Nanako> She could feel large amounts of magic caught inside of her. But for now she would have to deal with it.
[23:23:14] <Hailey_Markane> "something bothering you?"
[23:23:20] <Madobe_Nanako> Satisfied, she turned her attention to Skye
[23:25:53] <Madobe_Nanako> "Puella Magi"
[23:26:15] <Madobe_Nanako> She used the term that he coined.
[23:26:30] <Skye_Lyon> "You're doing that thing again where you start throwing around words I don't know…"
[23:26:49] <Hailey_Markane> "i honestly don't know. I mean I found out about this today…and judging by your reaction, so did you."
[23:27:00] <Madobe_Nanako> "It's just a term. Basically, girls with magical powers like us."
[23:27:14] <Hailey_Markane> "it's a weird term."
[23:27:25] * Madobe_Nanako glared at her slightly
[23:27:33] <Hailey_Markane> "just saying…"
[23:27:36] <Madobe_Nanako> She didn't like it when people insulted him
[23:27:46] <Madobe_Nanako> Or whatever he spoke about
[23:28:02] * Madobe_Nanako shook her head
[23:28:06] <Madobe_Nanako> "Don't worry about it"
[23:28:07] * Hailey_Markane turns her attention to Skye. "you look down. What's wrong?"
[23:28:38] * Skye_Lyon shrugs, "I'll be… fine. How are you holding up?"
[23:29:47] <Hailey_Markane> "I guess…but there's something…it's like it's this…this…"
[23:30:39] * Madobe_Nanako gave her a cursory glance over
[23:31:07] <Madobe_Nanako> "You're experiencing fallout"
[23:31:37] <Hailey_Markane> "f-fallout?" Hailey's cheeks are starting to turn warm.
[23:32:25] <Madobe_Nanako> "It happens when you overuse your magic. Depending on your feelins when you use it, it builds up in your body and causes you to experience a variety of effects."
[23:33:02] <Skye_Lyon> "Thank you, this kind of explanation's what I've been looking for whenever you start throwing around those weird words."
[23:34:17] * Madobe_Nanako looked around. Seeing nothing, she turned back to her.
[23:34:24] <Hailey_Markane> Hailey is blushing. Dear god, she's blushing. She can't take this anymore! In a split second, she presses her lips to Skye's and holds them tight.
[23:34:34] <Madobe_Nanako> "For now, we'll go see someon-"
[23:34:47] * Madobe_Nanako makes a slightly surprised expression
[23:36:31] * Madobe_Nanako sighs
[23:36:50] <Madobe_Nanako> Might as well use this time to get rid of this energy
[23:37:00] <Madobe_Nanako> 'For now…'
[23:37:01] <Skye_Lyon> Skye's eyes, all of them, go so wide they must be setting some kind of a record. She stumbled backwards and fell, "You… you stole my first kiss…"
[23:37:52] <Hailey_Markane> "I…I dont know…oh god…what am I doing?" Hailey is in a total daze.
[23:39:54] <Skye_Lyon> Tears forming in her eyes, Skye gets back on her feet, "I really, I don't thinkI can't talk to you right now."
[23:40:20] * Madobe_Nanako notices that this could be a problem.
[23:40:36] <@Giantree> Suddenly, it rains. The rain pours all over them, just like their feelings… or something along those lines.
[23:40:43] <Madobe_Nanako> Unfortunately, Nanako has only ever dealt with magic Fallout
[23:40:48] <Hailey_Markane> The rain continues coming down, harder and harder. Hailey feels sick. Not just to her stomach, but with herself. What did she just do?
[23:41:07] <Madobe_Nanako> Perhaps someone could help…
[23:41:29] <Madobe_Nanako> "For now… let's get some shelter"
[23:42:17] <Hailey_Markane> "can't you open one of those fancy portals and get us out of here?!?" Hailey is wet. Wet and cold and miserable and she just wants to go home.
[23:42:45] <@Giantree> The "someone" was located a few blocks away… they'd have to go through the city square they warped into. Fortunately, there were plenty of open buildings with nobody inside
and none of the townspeople did much about it, anyway, as the rain slid off their bodies. Rain wasn't something they were used to, but it definitely wasn't enough to make them less.. zombified.
[23:44:27] <Madobe_Nanako> "We'll go see him right now if you like, but I'm not planning on leaving until I see him."
[23:45:18] <Hailey_Markane> Hailey can only manage a whimper as she drags herself through the pouring rain.
[23:46:23] * Madobe_Nanako decided to at least shelter them from the rain though
[23:47:04] <Madobe_Nanako> Raising her arm, she creates a small vortex above them to suck uup whatever rain fell down to them
[23:47:27] <Skye_Lyon> Skye positions herself with Nanako between her and Hailey, isolating herself in an eyebubble, despite the vortex catching the rain.
[23:47:49] <Hailey_Markane> "s-s-s-s-stupid rain…" Hailey's teeth are chattering. She just wants it to all be over…
[23:48:08] <Madobe_Nanako> "He's a couple of blocks away. It won't be long"
[23:49:18] <@Giantree> And so, the three made their way to the home of their mysterious benefactor. What was in store for them? Can the narration answer that? No, it probably can't. Only "he" can.
[23:49:21] <@Giantree> (And 'night.)
[23:52:34] <Madobe_Nanako> "Master…"