In a nondescript city, filled with nondescript people.
Lies a secret no one knows about.
It is a world filled with wonder, magic, aberrations of science, steampunk robots…
A world once thought to exist only in the minds of men.
A world that has become real. Real dangerous.
Welcome to Broadrick, WA.
The Broadrick Paranormal Investigation Agency is a light-hearted Magical Burst Game. By light-hearted, think Cardcaptor Sakura meets Hellboy.
Broadrick isn’t a decent-sized town, it’s a sprawling city on par with San Francisco or something. The BPIA is a tiny, tiny agency. And Paranormal things happen. Things like tiny hamsters suddenly become huge fuckoff tanks powered by JUSTICE and BUTT KICKING. Lost robot girls. Rips in the time space p-brane that lets in adorable horrors from beyond our mortal ken. Or perhaps just a vampire walking in the daylight. Reactivated steampunk robots looking for a job. Yeah, that kind of stuff. (Note: No these are not potential scenarios I am throwing at the PCs.)
- Magical Origins have to be approved by the DM.
- Instead of using the book stat distributions, distribute a total of 40 points between Magical and Normal Attributes. No two Attributes in a category may have the same value. Max of 9, min of 3.
- Magical Effects and Finishing Moves may be custom made - talk to DM for approval.
- If you got a good concept, don’t feel constrained by rolling. It’s optional.
- Robot Girls get +1 XP. The DM loves his robot girls. Also has to be approved.
BPIA is open for business? Will you join as a junior investigator? We're really shorthanded, and Broadrick is a huge city.
(Translation: The game is now seeking players. Tentatively Saturdays 0000GMT or 1400GMT)
List of players